The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old May 25th, 2008   Brendon Carlson is offline   #49
Brendon Carlson
He will return!!!!

Count me in for the original Infinity Inc back . Geoff Johns already establishes them the way it looks in the JSA Annual. Really never could pick up the current title. Looked at the last issue today after reading about Mercy on the team. Nothing like the original title used to be for sure.

Live every day as if it were your last, because one day it will be.
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Old May 25th, 2008   chasm is offline   #50
chasm
Master Geoffan

Yes, using the name Infinity, Inc. and then casting it with completely unrelated characters basically doomed the book to failure. Why saddle legacy expectations when the a new team could rise or fall on it's own merits? I had zero interest in following these pretenders. I was actually antagonistic towards the concept.

Old May 25th, 2008   Wally West888 is offline   #51
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

I liked Steel and Natasha and I liked Mercy joining the team too, but it should've had older members of Infinity Inc on the team too, like maybe Brainwave and Atom Smasher on it, and then it could work.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old May 26th, 2008   Diomedes1977 is offline   #52
Diomedes1977

No, it wasn't the same story as in 52...it was a continuation: a look at what happened to these characters after making the choices they did.

This is what I like the most about the book. These were [email protected]#hole kids who got powers and the world handed to them. Speaking about Natasha, the only thing missing for me was someone telling her "we make our own choices, we pay our own prices".

It's impossible for the original Infinity to come back...take a re-read of Johns' JSA: most of them died, apparently so someone else could come back. I don't know. As much as i liked JSA, enough has happened so that it's nearly impossible for the original team to return.

But I will agree with a number of you on one thing: I don't think this team (in 52 or otherwise) should have been called Infinity, Inc. at all. There is VERY little relationship to the originaol series...even though I like this book. Sad it is getting cancelled, but I wonder if the many cancellations are also due to "there are too many books, and with gas prices like they are...a lot of us can't afford to be as liberated with our comic buying."
ddf
dmudd123 View Post

I dont think its impossible for the original Infinity to come back.
Back in Black Reign we had Atom Smasher (Nuklon),Northwind and Brainwawe with Black Adam and Power Girl ,Hourman (Rick Tyler was a Infinity member) and Hector as Dr Fate in the JSA side ...and in that storyline Lyta Trevor(Fury) returned too in the JSA side.Obsidian was recovering from Dark Princes and Jade was still around.We had nearly all the team back and in action.

Since then Hector and Lyta are missing and Jade died but to be fair the three sendings off for the charachters are very easily reversible.Lyta and Hector are in the Dreaming and their bodies are frozen in Hell(you can revive them magically) and Jade was introduced into the Ion power somehow and is an energy being so could be reintroduced easily.

THe only ones that seem dead for good are Wildcat II ,Dr Midnight II and Star Spangled Kid/Skyman.

Old May 27th, 2008   sylpemberton is offline   #53
sylpemberton
A Ginger Horseman

Location: Wish I could say New York but no I'm stuck twelve hours North East by car...

Yes, using the name Infinity, Inc. and then casting it with completely unrelated characters basically doomed the book to failure. Why saddle legacy expectations when the a new team could rise or fall on it's own merits? I had zero interest in following these pretenders. I was actually antagonistic towards the concept.
ddf
chasm View Post
Myself as well. I actually didn't want them to use this name, and although I checked out every other '52' spin off - i went out of my way to avoid this one because they were using the name when i felt they shouldn't be.

For me it was just a bait and switch - looked like infinity was back - hector, lyta, brainwave all popping up towards the end of JSofA. And then boom - Jade, Lyta and Hector all killed off and the Infinity name sent elsewhere...

Sigh.

AJ.

Old May 27th, 2008   Scott Mateo is offline   #54
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

I dont think its impossible for the original Infinity to come back.
Back in Black Reign we had Atom Smasher (Nuklon),Northwind and Brainwawe with Black Adam and Power Girl ,Hourman (Rick Tyler was a Infinity member) and Hector as Dr Fate in the JSA side ...and in that storyline Lyta Trevor(Fury) returned too in the JSA side.Obsidian was recovering from Dark Princes and Jade was still around.We had nearly all the team back and in action.

Since then Hector and Lyta are missing and Jade died but to be fair the three sendings off for the charachters are very easily reversible.Lyta and Hector are in the Dreaming and their bodies are frozen in Hell(you can revive them magically) and Jade was introduced into the Ion power somehow and is an energy being so could be reintroduced easily.

THe only ones that seem dead for good are Wildcat II ,Dr Midnight II and Star Spangled Kid/Skyman.
ddf
Diomedes1977 View Post
We should have had a downtime story with them post-Black Reign, maybe visiting Hank in the hospital.

As for Syl...I can see a way for him to come back, it involves the Sky-Bolt statue (if Jonni Thunder still has it), his ashes over Stellar Studios, and some magic!

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old May 29th, 2008   Diomedes1977 is offline   #55
Diomedes1977

I dont know what happens with DC and Infinity.It would seem as if Infinity fans had raped Didio and all the other editors before him since Roy Thomas left DC.

All the other fans get the classic version of their teams back and we have to see this bunch of depressing nobodies pretending they are INfinity ...

And for the only writers that have showed any love for the charachters and slowly brought them back as Goyer and Jhons in JSA .....then Day of Judgement and IC comes and we have half of the crew dead/missing again.

Not fair.

Old June 4th, 2008   .:Sr Martinz:. is offline   #56
.:Sr Martinz:.

I think that Infinity Inc. work for JSA the same Teen Titans work for Titans/JLA
Bring back th titel with Natasha with soem Tech-based powers, Steel should go to JSA with his powers from 52

.:Cogito Ergo Sum:.

.:ORBVERSE COMICS:.
A NEW CONCEPT ABOUT HEROES

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Sr Martinz
PSN ID: Sr_Martinz
Old June 4th, 2008   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #57
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

It looks like Jade and Fury are still alive on the earth Power Girl is going to. Maybe they could just relaunch the series on a different earth and it could co-exist with Peeg's book...if she chooses to stay there, of course. If not, DC could just be daring and allow a multiverse comic to be an ongoing.

I know I'd buy it!

Old June 4th, 2008   Joey Wilson is offline   #58
Joey Wilson
Geoffan

Blah, another great issue of Infinity Inc. came out today. I'm so bummed that this is cancelled. I understand that people want a book that's closer to the original team, but this group with a different name would be fantastic.

Old June 5th, 2008   troialover04 is offline   #59
troialover04
Advanced Geoffan

count me in as someone who would gladly buy an Earth-2 Infinity Inc ongoing... hell yeah...

Old June 5th, 2008   Scott Mateo is offline   #60
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

From what's left of the future solicits, it sound like to me, that Mr. Bones will be showing up before it's all over.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old June 6th, 2008   Warewolf is offline   #61
Warewolf

I tried reading the first six issues and really had no idea what the heck was going on. I dropped it after that. I wonder how many other people felt the same.

Old June 9th, 2008   sylpemberton is offline   #62
sylpemberton
A Ginger Horseman

Location: Wish I could say New York but no I'm stuck twelve hours North East by car...

From what's left of the future solicits, it sound like to me, that Mr. Bones will be showing up before it's all over.
ddf
Scott Mateo View Post
Sigh. See even that would have been enough of an original Infinity Inc tie to get me slightly interested...Mr Bones. Helix...