The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old February 20th, 2007   Sentinel is offline   #1
Sentinel
Neo Geoffan

Default Vision, Scarlet Witch, Wiccan and Speed

With the plotline being left that Wiccan and Speed are the children of the Vision and the Scarlet Witch, are there any announced plans from Allan Heinberg to finally redeem Wanda and restore the adult Vision?

I never liked the way Bendis ruined these characters and hope that Wanda can be redeemed.

Fox "News" : Where the Truth Lies
Old February 20th, 2007   ShyGuyShea is offline   #2
ShyGuyShea

I haven't been keeping up with The New Avengers but that sounds pretty interesting. I haven't even heard what happened to the Vision past his demise during the Avengers Disassembled books.

I have to agree with you on the Bendis situation though, he's talented and wanted and I think it gets to his (bald, shiny) head where he thinks he can rewrite current books just like he has done with the Ultimate Marvel Universe. I think he's a great writer, but he hasn't done anything "revolutionary" to the current 616 characters.

Unlike Bendis, I think Morrison's take on Magneto tearing the crap out of Manhattan and getting so much done while pretending to be Xorn was a great idea and brought the Magneto character to a present, 21st century mood (though Marvel scrapped it and said it was Xorn.... grrr)

Sorry for the rant!

Old February 20th, 2007   PrincessCrujectra is offline   #3
PrincessCrujectra

While I haven't heard any definite plans regarding "The Visions" (what is their family name, I wonder?), I remember hearing somewhere that Allan had plans to address things in some manner in Season Two. Whether or not that will happen now remains to be seen.

Didn't Wanda recently get busy with Clint Barton in New Avengers? I dropped that title awhile back, but remember hearing that she was appearing there for some form of "resolution" to the whole "sorry I killed you" thing

Old February 20th, 2007   HushedRuin is offline   #4
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

Shea, you haven't heard anything about the Vision because after he died in Disassembled... nothing DID happen. Young Avengers got Vision 2.0 and that seems to be all there is these days.

Crujectra - yes. Wanda (not remembering him) and Clint (I can't blame him) did hook up. It was... odd... Don't read it looking for a resolution to "Disassembled/House Of M" because you won't really get one. If you're a big Hawkeye/Scarlet Witch/Avengers fan, pick it up. It's good... just not what I thought it was gonna be...

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old February 20th, 2007   mmk123 is offline   #5
mmk123
Geoffan

I have said this before-Marvel needs to do a mini series called "Scarlet Redemption" where it is revealed that Wanda was (and still is) possessed by a combination of Chthon and Morgaine LeFey. This would redeem her of any bad doing, she would find the strength to defeat them and would regain her name and heoic status (sounds like Emerald Dawn but I digress).

Old February 20th, 2007   Teenlantern923 is offline   #6
Teenlantern923
Advanced Geoffan

I have said this before-Marvel needs to do a mini series called "Scarlet Redemption" where it is revealed that Wanda was (and still is) possessed by a combination of Chthon and Morgaine LeFey. This would redeem her of any bad doing, she would find the strength to defeat them and would regain her name and heoic status (sounds like Emerald Dawn but I digress).
ddf
mmk123 View Post
I dunno sounds like Rebirth to me however. I don't consider this "wrong doing" Wanda lost her mind. Her family history doesn't exactly include clean bills of mental health and it makes sense she broke down. I like what Bendis and everyone has done I personally would like to see Billy and Tommy go to Wundagore mountain and talk to their mother and try to help her but she could break down again hell we could turn it into the crossover of 08. Anyway thats what I just think. But maybe that could start her path to recovery theres no going back down the road all we can do now is bring her forward on the road to recovery

Old February 22nd, 2007   mmk123 is offline   #7
mmk123
Geoffan

Sorry, I meant Rebirth-not Emerald Dawn.

I do agree that her family does not have the best mental health state but alot of the mental instability was through outside forces

Polaris was taken over by Malice then used by the Shadow King
Quicksilver was taken over by Maximus
Wanda was taken over by Chthon

Now all three of them suffered breakdowns but recovered (except Quicksilver has suffered a second breakdown). Wanda was always portrayed as being very strong for most of her history which is why her breakdown in AVengers Dissembled never rang true for me. I definitely hope that we see her come back in a heroic role soon, aware of her past.

Old February 24th, 2007   Sentinel is offline   #8
Sentinel
Neo Geoffan

I think the thing that bothered me the most was the throwaway attitude Bendis had towards all these characters. Wanda had already remembered her children and that situation was resolved until Bendis' little retcon. Fortunately, Bendis realized his mistake regarding Hawkeye, but Wanda and Vizh deserve better. I am glad to hear than Allan will be visitng this plotline. Young Avengers was the one saving grace of Disassembled.

Fox "News" : Where the Truth Lies