The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old February 3rd, 2006   Captain Comet is offline   #1
Captain Comet

Default My Squadron Supreme Submission

Hey All,

Months ago, I had sent in my submission into Marvel for a 2nd book that would feature the Squadron Supreme but in the main Marvel U. I finally received my very nice rejection letter, so their loss is your gain. Posted here, you'll find my outlines for the next 2 to 3yrs and not 1, not 2, but 3 completed issues. To bad I can't draw...and the direction I was going, would have been great. I'm sure everyone will get the idea where I was headed when you read the outline.

I should make mention because I didn't include my thinking of the rest of the universe in my notes that as the series progressed, you would see this universe would basically be set up for those characters who were either dead, underused or just plain sitting on a shelf somewhere. All characters who you find in my universe that's in the regular Marvel U...well, let's just say that they are expendable. Sorry, no duplicates in this universe!

Making news elsewhere, if you pick up Helios #2 from Speakeasy, you'll find my name mentioned as one of the finalists of the 5-page contest for that issue. Poetic justice or karma, you make the call.

If you enjoyed this and know anybody that would like to read this, then feel free to pass it on. Now without further ado, I present my vision of the Squadron Supreme. Enjoy!!!

Deacon Stephen Hatfield
(Yes, I am one of them)
Last edited by magicspoon; February 4th, 2006 at 01:23 AM.

Old February 3rd, 2006   Warren Worthington is offline   #2
Warren Worthington
Rexually Active

are you open to constructive critiscism?

Old February 3rd, 2006   steven_eks is offline   #3
steven_eks
Comic Book Writer

alright, i'll bite first.

1. you are using an intellectual property that Marvel is already having "real success" with: why fix something that isn't broken yet?

2. your plot bible doesn't have any depth: yes you've got a HUGE body of characters BUT can that many characters successfully be portrayed in a group book without marginalization?

3. your format for a script is totally incorrect. GO BUY A BOOK ON HOW TO SCRIPT. Learn the format.

if you don't give these people an industry standard they aren't going to even take you seriously. you have to known how to drive the car before you take your dad's ferrari for a spin on sunday, you dig?

i'm not trying to be an @$$hole but good constructive criticism is the only thing that is going to save you right now.

Steve Ekstrom
Writer/ Creator/ Freelance Journalist

About Me

Check out some of my comics on Top Shelf 2.0!

Follow Me on Twitter
Old February 4th, 2006   magicspoon is offline   #4
magicspoon
Eye See You

I'm sorry, we don't allow the posting of fiction, or other fan-writing for legal purposes.
I encourage you to keep writing, aside from that.

"Habagase, Get in the Room!"
http://www.harmoniousgrid.com/