The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old September 8th, 2014   mego joe is offline   #33
mego joe
Geoffan

Yes they were, but it was an interesting tale - almost more of a "hidden piece of continuity" than "dark secret at the heart of a hero" kind of thing.
ddf
Amentep View Post
Well, maybe they're worth picking up.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old September 8th, 2014   jafabian is offline   #34
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Agreed. I would snatch up a new "All-Star Squadron" book in a second.

However, I feel "Invaders" is not sticking around, which is sad. We know Falcon is replacing Steve, so we're losing a huge component of the book right there. And I agree with others in that Robinson should have come out of the gate with guns blazing on this one. Throw in everything plus the kitchen sink. My favorite issues so far were the two with Golden Girl's successor, who I am assuming is intended for membership down the line. I hope I'm wrong and this book continues and hits its stride pretty soon .
ddf
imarriedsatanII View Post

I could see Marvel using Union Jack and Spitfire more while Cap is out. The Fin, Toro, Blazing Skull, Thin Man, Jack Frost and the original Vision are all somewhere in the Marvel U. I don't think the book is dependent on Cap, depending on how its written.

Old September 9th, 2014   mego joe is offline   #35
mego joe
Geoffan

I could see Marvel using Union Jack and Spitfire more while Cap is out. The Fin, Toro, Blazing Skull, Thin Man, Jack Frost and the original Vision are all somewhere in the Marvel U. I don't think the book is dependent on Cap, depending on how its written.
ddf
jafabian View Post
I would enjoy seeing those other characters too. Steve can still have a presence in the book.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old September 9th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #36
Amentep

Heh, can't imagine Steve would be too happy with Thin Man showing up given how the last Invaders title ended.

Old September 9th, 2014   jafabian is offline   #37
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Well, I haven't said this in a while: posts deleted.

Let's stay on topic please. Thank you.