The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old September 29th, 2008   Asahi is offline   #1
Asahi
persona non grata

Default Blade Runner ...sequel?!

http://latinoreview.com/news/blade-r...quel-news-5458

Continuing today's theme of stupid news pieces, a couple of sources have an article about a sequel that is being worked on to Blade Runner. Why anyone on the planet thinks a sequel to Blade Runner is a good idea is beyond me, but I gave up on this town years ago. Now it's more fun just reporting news on how stupid they make themselves look. But I remember reading about talk of a sequel ever since the original film came out in theaters when I was a kid, so the sequel rumors have been going on for over twenty years.

From Slashfilm, or /film or however they spell it:

“I recently attended a Q&A session with one of the writers of ‘Eagle Eye’ after a free screening organized by the magazine Creative Screenwriting. During the Q&A, the writer said that he and whomever it was that helped him co-write the ‘Eagle Eye’ screenplay were in the process of writing a sequel to Blade Runner, and had already contacted the producers of the original, etc., etc. This is probably a load of empty words/wishful thinking on his part, but I for one am appalled by just the notion of a Blade Runner sequel, and thought you’d be as well, so I thought perhaps you’d like to look into this yourself and perhaps use your soapbox to get some fanboys a little pissed, as well. If not, then at least you have a scoop.”

Okay first of all, lets make sure we know who exactly we’re talking about. The screenwriters in question are not Alex Kurtzman or Roberto Orci, but instead Eagle Eye co-writer Travis Wright (who was at the event) and his Eagle Eye co-writer John Glenn.

Click HERE to read the rest of the article.

More news from Judao:

It’s true, folks! Hot source on the project states that Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner sequel is in the works under the command of veteran producer Bud Yorkin. Top screenwriters John Glenn and Travis Wright (Eagle Eye)

Yorkin already mentioned that if the green light is given, he’ll bring back stars Harrison Ford, Hutger Hauer and Daryl Hannah.

sigh........

Old September 29th, 2008   Argent is offline   #2
Argent*
Puppet Headed Horseman

OK... part of me is crying no, but if this actually is going to involve Ridley Scott, Harrison Ford, and Rutger Hauer then another part of me is reeeealy intrigued by what they would do as a Sequel. What the logical extension would be 20+ years down the road.

It's not just a podcast, it's a GEEK TRAGEDY!
Old September 29th, 2008   toyguytn is offline   #3
toyguytn*
Freakazoid

OK... part of me is crying no, but if this actually is going to involve Ridley Scott, Harrison Ford, and Rutger Hauer then another part of me is reeeealy intrigued by what they would do as a Sequel. What the logical extension would be 20+ years down the road.
ddf
Argent View Post

Dont forget Olmos, too.

Old September 29th, 2008   Asahi is offline   #4
Asahi
persona non grata

ddf
Argent View Post
There's no mention of Ridley Scott's involvement at all. Likely won't be.

The involvement of Ford and Hannah is presumed, not confirmed.

Old September 29th, 2008   Argent is offline   #5
Argent*
Puppet Headed Horseman

Well, without Ridley Scott, what's the point? Especially since he said last year he'd be interested if he could find a good script.

It's not just a podcast, it's a GEEK TRAGEDY!
Old September 29th, 2008   Kiryu is offline   #6
Kiryu
persona non grata

No Ridley Scott means a big yawn for me. Final Cut was amazing enough, it's all I need.

Old September 30th, 2008   jafabian is offline   #7
jafabian
I’m not dead.

I would think all they really need is Ford.

Old September 30th, 2008   Asahi is offline   #8
Asahi
persona non grata

You mean like in Crystal Skull?

Old September 30th, 2008   Devlyn16 is offline   #9
Devlyn16
CODA

Let me put it this way

a Sequel to Blade runner = NO!

another movie, without the original cast memebers (with possible exception of Olmos) set in the "Bladerunner universe" = Yes.

Dekker's story is over and done.

Is it wrong to Quote the Devil if what he is saying is true?
Old September 30th, 2008   jafabian is offline   #10
jafabian
I’m not dead.

You mean like in Crystal Skull?
ddf
Asahi View Post
Crystal Skull still had Karen Allen, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas involved.

Old September 30th, 2008   Dan Loayza is offline   #11
Dan Loayza
Whiteside Pawn

Why do I have a feeling that if Ford is offered this, he'll say "What are you, stupid?"

#HEEL
Old September 30th, 2008   Hierarch555 is offline   #12
Hierarch555
Master Geoffan

Um, I thought all the replicants died so how can they be in a sequel? Why must hollywood keep effing with Philip K. Dick's material. He's like the Alan Moore of Sci-Fi, except he can't defend his work.

Superman: "You can't predict the outcome of every action. You can't stop every injustice simultaneously. But you have to try, don't you?"
Old September 30th, 2008   mpjedi2 is offline   #13
mpjedi2
Mark Pracht

Why do I have a feeling that if Ford is offered this, he'll say "What are you, stupid?"
ddf
Dan Loayza View Post

More likely he'd say "Do you know how much I hated making the first one?!"

Old September 30th, 2008   jafabian is offline   #14
jafabian
I’m not dead.

He'll say the same thing he told George Lucas when Lucas asked him about Indy 4: "How much will you pay me?"