The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old January 18th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Question Young Avengers issue #1 Preview & Discussion

CBR PREVIEW

Legacy isn't a dirty word... but it's an irrelevant one. It's not important what our parents did. It matters what WE do. Someone has to save the world. You're someone. Do the math. The critically acclaimed team of Gillen/McKelvie/Wilson (with added Norton Sauce) decide to reinvent the teen superhero comic for the 21st century, uniting Wiccan, Hulkling and Hawkeye with Loki, Marvel Boy and Ms. America. No pressure. Young Avengers is as NOW! as the air in your lungs, and twice as vital. It's the book that knows Hyperbole is the BEST! THING! EVER!

Story by
Kieron Gillen
Art by
Jamie McKelvie, Mike Norton
Colors by
Matthew Wilson
Cover by
Jamie McKelvie, Skottie Young, Bryan Lee O'Malley
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Cover Price:
$2.99
Release Date
Wed, January 23rd, 2013
ddf

Old January 18th, 2013   DSumner is offline   #2
DSumner
Neo Geoffan

I'll give it a few issues, as I like the Young Avengers.

Old January 18th, 2013   chasm is offline   #3
chasm
Master Geoffan

So is this setting Noh-varr up as having been kidnapped by the Skrulls too? The whole Protector thing didn't happen to him? Interesting. I think I read where Gillen was going to retroactively tweak Marvel Boy's continuity.

Old January 18th, 2013   Bill_Nailer is offline   #4
Bill_Nailer

Marvel Now has been very unimpressive to me so far, but this looks good, at least from the preview. I will pick up the first issue.

Bill recommends: Fans of Tellos should buy Skyward from Action Lab. You won't regret it.
Old January 23rd, 2013   chasm is offline   #5
chasm
Master Geoffan

This was a good read. Kieron Gillen has done a great job picking up where Allen Heinberg left off. I'm definitely intrigued by the new additions of Noh-varr and Miss America. Not sold on young Loki, but we'll see.

Old February 2nd, 2013   jafabian is offline   #6
jafabian
Iím not dead.

COMMENTARY TRACK: Gillen & McKelvie Discuss "Young Avengers" #1