The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Greg Rucka > Greg's Comic Book Café

Greg's Comic Book Café Grab a latte and come in and chat!

Old May 16th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #1
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Default Veil

Veil.

Three issues out thus far from Dark Horse. Art is gorgeous, and by Tony Fejzula. Never heard of this artist before.

Old May 19th, 2014   Danny Perkins is offline   #2
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

Veil.

Three issues out thus far from Dark Horse. Art is gorgeous, and by Tony Fejzula. Never heard of this artist before.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
I wasn't familiar with the name either.

This book has surprised me so far. Not because I didn't think it would be good, but more since it is much more occult than I excpected from Greg. He is generally so grounded in reality that this "magic" type of thing is just not at all what I expected going in. That being said I have enjoyed it and look forward to it each month. Its still #2 on my list, but I just find Lazarus to be and amazing book so...

If you weren't expecting this to be good, then you need to go and read a bunch of Greg Rucka comics. - MattDiCarlo
Old June 2nd, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #3
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

I wasn't familiar with the name either.

This book has surprised me so far. Not because I didn't think it would be good, but more since it is much more occult than I excpected from Greg. He is generally so grounded in reality that this "magic" type of thing is just not at all what I expected going in. That being said I have enjoyed it and look forward to it each month. Its still #2 on my list, but I just find Lazarus to be and amazing book so...
ddf
Danny Perkins View Post
Yes, I like Lazarus more too.

Old June 16th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #4
Amentep

I love the art.

I'm not liking the story so 3 will be my last issue. Still enjoying Lazarus though, so no problems there; just for whatever reason this isn't for me.

Old July 23rd, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #5
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Read #3 other day. This issue different in that it took a big leap into supernatural. I felt there were too many panels of a character chanting a spell that we couldn't read. The artwork is still incredible.

This story is not typical Rucka stuff.