The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old February 8th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #433
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

It's funny, no-one here ever really mentions Walking Dead when talking about comics, even though its one of the very best out there. Because its one of the few I buy regularly but behind I can never talk about it as a best of the week or something. It's really gut wrenching when you read through six or so at a time.
ddf
Alan View Post
Agreed.

Old February 11th, 2014   Matches is offline   #434
Matches
stepping aside

Dynamite is running a HUGE sale to celebrate it's 10th anniversary. 1500+ titles on sale for 50% off (so basically $1 per issue). The sale is web only but you can, of course, view the comics on your tablet once they're purchased. Use promo code "DYNAMITE" at checkout.

Also: for those of you who have been following The Bunker digitally, Oni is releasing the first issue of the print series this week. It's the five digital chapters remastered and collected together. If you've been getting the digital-first version, comiXology will give you the new #1 for free. Check your email for a redemption code. (Related: The Bunker is good and worth a look.)

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old February 11th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #435
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Dynamite is running a HUGE sale to celebrate it's 10th anniversary. 1500+ titles on sale for 50% off (so basically $1 per issue). The sale is web only but you can, of course, view the comics on your tablet once they're purchased. Use promo code "DYNAMITE" at checkout.

Also: for those of you who have been following The Bunker digitally, Oni is releasing the first issue of the print series this week. It's the five digital chapters remastered and collected together. If you've been getting the digital-first version, comiXology will give you the new #1 for free. Check your email for a redemption code. (Related: The Bunker is good and worth a look.)
ddf
Matches View Post
I caught up on some titles and bought some that I wouldn't have if full price. I bought quite a few. It's a great sale.

Old February 25th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #436
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Comixology having an IDW 15th anniversary sale from Feb 25-27th.

Old February 25th, 2014   Alan is offline   #437
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

And a Justice League sale too. Vols 1, 2 and 3 early issues. I would get the early ones but there is an Omnibus out in a month or so and I want that.

Some interesting stuff in the IDW sake, considering the THUNDER agents volume.

Old February 25th, 2014   Alan is offline   #438
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

Got the THUNDER Agents, as well as a Brian Wood book called Supermarket, JLA Confidential 1-3 and a JLA Secret Files that seems to be uncollected.

Some Thor titles on sale too. Worth a look.

Old March 4th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #439
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

American Vampire sale on Comixology.

I read first six issues when it first came out on floppies and didn't continue. Going to give it another try since I enjoy Synder's Wake and Severed.

Old March 10th, 2014   Alan is offline   #440
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

Marvel Unlimited has just upgraded substantially. If you haven't noticed the. It is well worth a look. We now have audio. Yes, comics with a soundtrack.

Currently it's limited to the Winter Soldier run of the Brubaker/Epting Captain America, and actually it's not bad. It works on a guided view principle, one panel at a time, and adds music and special effects - yes, the sound of punches and a shield being thrown, machine guns etc.

I thought it was a really bad idea, but actually it works. Yes it's a bit gimmicky, but as a reading experience it was something new. I just read one issue and I will probably go back and experience the rest as well, even though I know those stories well.

They are also making the AR stuff from the comics (which I have never bothered with) accessible from MU too, so they have the current Avengers books (1-6 I think) all running with that. Not SO interested in that as the features I saw on the first couple of issues weren't sufficiently interesting to grab me, but I imagine this is just the start of what is possible.

The reading formats seem to be improved (well, changed, I assume its an improvement, not sure yet!) too.

And I gather there is a special offer of 99c a month to join, which sounds well worth it. How can you say no?

Old March 10th, 2014   Alan is offline   #441
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

American Vampire sale on Comixology.

I read first six issues when it first came out on floppies and didn't continue. Going to give it another try since I enjoy Synder's Wake and Severed.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
Its all excellent, and improves hugely when Stephen King goes (and I am a HUGE king fan!). Superb series.

Old March 12th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #442
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

missed out on American Vampire sale due to some personal issues.

I am catching up on Mark Waid's Green Hornet with current Comixology sale.

Old March 12th, 2014   LastSun is offline   #443
LastSun
Master Geoffan

Amazon has kindle edition of some of the new 52 trades up for $2.99

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...d_i=1000677541

It looks great! The fat one balances the two skinny ones.

Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?
Old March 12th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #444
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Amazon has kindle edition of some of the new 52 trades up for $2.99

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...d_i=1000677541
ddf
LastSun View Post
Today's quarter bin find. Great steal!

Old March 13th, 2014   Matches is offline   #445
Matches
stepping aside

Just wanted to drop a pointer - Dark Horse is offering a bundle of Captain Midnight # 0-8 for $2.99. That's total, not apiece - you get 9 issues for $3.

I've no idea if those comics are any good, but at that price why not give them a try?

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old March 13th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #446
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Just wanted to drop a pointer - Dark Horse is offering a bundle of Captain Midnight # 0-8 for $2.99. That's total, not apiece - you get 9 issues for $3.

I've no idea if those comics are any good, but at that price why not give them a try?
ddf
Matches View Post
I've read #1-6 before this sale. Joshua Williamson writes. This is a really strong series which surprised me. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I tried issues when they had a sale; I don't regret it.

This is a part of Dark Horse's Project Sky crossover coming up later. They want people on board. Great price!

Searching through other titles I found #0 issues of Brain Boy, Captain Midnight, Ghost, the Occultist, & X bundle of issues for FREE; search: project sky bundle.
Last edited by manwithnoname; March 13th, 2014 at 11:42 AM.

Old March 14th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #447
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

HUGE Image sale on Comixology today only.

Old March 14th, 2014   Alan is offline   #448
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

HUGE Image sale on Comixology today only.
ddf
manwithnoname View Post
Loads of great stuff there. Just bought and read Warren Ellis and Chris Weston's Ministry of Space, short but fantastic. Only £1.99 though, so well worth it.