The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old January 9th, 2009   Zal-Ta is offline   #1
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

Default Post IC/FC continuity Wonder Woman - just how long is she able to live for?

We were told by Morrison Pre-IC DCU continuity wise that Diana/Wonder Woman ends up residing with in the actual DC 1 Million era time line itself only in the form of one Amazonian Venus sentient marble woman that in habits her "spirit of truth" but do you think this has all now changed come Post-IC/FC DCU continuity "New Earth" era wise? Can Diana actually retain her immortality and still not age visually even till "New Earth"s sun ends up going Supernova on the DCU where there is no longer that Earth for her to reside in?

Personally I think Diana SHOULDN'T age at all visual wise and rightfully retain her ever youthful 'beautiful as Aphrodite' divine gift bestowed upon her as well as living out her life to the end of time itself all the while still doing her Super-heroing job and trying to bring universal peace to all beings great and small.

What say rest of y'all? Exactly what will be Wondy's life span come Post-IC/FC "New Earth" DCU continuity henceforth ya think? :/

Lover of all things Supergirl!
Old January 10th, 2009   4PointOh is offline   #2
4PointOh
The Lower Frequencies

We were told by Morrison Pre-IC DCU continuity wise that Diana/Wonder Woman ends up residing with in the actual DC 1 Million era time line itself only in the form of one Amazonian Venus sentient marble woman that in habits her "spirit of truth" but do you think this has all now changed come Post-IC/FC DCU continuity "New Earth" era wise? Can Diana actually retain her immortality and still not age visually even till "New Earth"s sun ends up going Supernova on the DCU where there is no longer that Earth for her to reside in?

Personally I think Diana SHOULDN'T age at all visual wise and rightfully retain her ever youthful 'beautiful as Aphrodite' divine gift bestowed upon her as well as living out her life to the end of time itself all the while still doing her Super-heroing job and trying to bring universal peace to all beings great and small.

What say rest of y'all? Exactly what will be Wondy's life span come Post-IC/FC "New Earth" DCU continuity henceforth ya think? :/
ddf
Zal-Ta View Post
The story in Brad Meltzer's JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #0 indicated that she was indeed still immortal and could only lose that immortality of she married a man.

Old January 11th, 2009   Zal-Ta is offline   #3
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

Y'know I totally forgot about that! Hmm, wasn't it also sated the Pre-COIE eras E-1 Princess Diana/"Diana Prince"/Wonder Woman would loose her immortality upon her first stepping foot off of Paradise Island itself as well? :/

Old January 11th, 2009   Primal Slayer is offline   #4
Primal Slayer
Geoffan

I think she has standard immortatility. She has grown to the point where she doesnt age anymore and will keep the same look and everything until someone kills her.

Ive never been a fan of teh whole "she loses her immortality if she has sex/gets married"

She was born with it, it shouldnt go away.

Thats why I always wanted her to show up in LOSH since she would probably still be alive since she outlives Supes and Bats.

Old January 12th, 2009   Zal-Ta is offline   #5
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

HEAR, HEAR, Primal Slayer!

Old January 16th, 2009   Kyle Sing is offline   #6
Kyle Sing
Geoffan

I think she has standard immortatility. She has grown to the point where she doesnt age anymore and will keep the same look and everything until someone kills her.

Ive never been a fan of teh whole "she loses her immortality if she has sex/gets married"

She was born with it, it shouldnt go away.

Thats why I always wanted her to show up in LOSH since she would probably still be alive since she outlives Supes and Bats.
ddf
Primal Slayer View Post
I second that! Again, so many opportunities to elevate Diana and so few of them ever taken advatage of.

One thing I'd love to see Gail write is a 'Wonder Woman through the Ages' storyline.

Since it has been established that Themyscira exists outside of time I think it would be cool to restablish Diana as someone who lived and had adventures in various ancient times. She would not have to have lived through the entirety of each era but have spent some time in each to give her a good grounding in each. Ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt, and Arabia, The Middle Ages, the Enlightenment. Granted, Hippolyta will still get WWII, but I like the idea that Diana had been around for a very long time. They could end that particular storyline with Diana still being around with her extended family in the far future, maybe even beyond the time of LOSH.

Both the TV series and JLU wrote Diana as someone who had first had knowledge of the Roman Empire and other classical periods. Again, why they felt the need to get rid of that makes her a less nuanced character IMO.

Thoughts?

Kyle

"Sweety, we beat Hitler." -Jay Garrick to Dream Girl in The Lightning Saga
Old January 17th, 2009   Zal-Ta is offline   #7
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

I love the idea, Kyle Sing!

Old January 17th, 2009   Human Bong is offline   #8
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

My playdoh dries out if left out for a few hours, and since Wonder Woman is made out of super god playdoh, I'd give her about 80 years of life before she dies, although, if she gets put away periodically in an airtight container, she would probably lost longer.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old January 18th, 2009   Kyle Sing is offline   #9
Kyle Sing
Geoffan

I love the idea, Kyle Sing!
ddf
Zal-Ta View Post
Thanks Zal-Ta!

"Sweety, we beat Hitler." -Jay Garrick to Dream Girl in The Lightning Saga
Old January 18th, 2009   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #10
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

My playdoh dries out if left out for a few hours, and since Wonder Woman is made out of super god playdoh, I'd give her about 80 years of life before she dies, although, if she gets put away periodically in an airtight container, she would probably last longer.
ddf
Human Bong View Post
That was the most brilliant thing I have ever read......are you The Doctor?

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

X-Box Live : Scion of Mogo
PSN : Scion_of_Mogo
Steam : Scion_of_Mogo
Old January 18th, 2009   Human Bong is offline   #11
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

I'm Doctor Prudent. I used to have another nickname, but I got better.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!