The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

View Poll Results: Which Green Lantern do you want to see on the CW shows?
Hal Jordan 6 60.00%
John Stewart 1 10.00%
Guy Gardner 0 0%
Alan Scott 2 20.00%
Kyle Rayner 2 20.00%
I don't want to see any Green Lanterns on the CW shows 1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 3rd, 2015   thbriboy is offline   #1
thbriboy

Default Green Lantern on CW shows (with poll)

Sorry, forgot to include the poll in the first thread; mods, please delete the old one...

So, I've been thinking... A lot of people have been clamoring for GL to appear on Arrow/Flash. And, frankly, enough Easter eggs have dropped that I think it's bound to happen. So the question becomes, which GL will it be?

The mention of a missing test pilot, plus all the Coast City and Ferris references, leads me to assume that it will be Hal (hooray!). BUT.... I understand that a number of people are holding out hope that Diggle turns out to be John Stewart (maybe Stewart is his middle name?). They certainly have similar personalities and backgrounds in the military.

My question: why can't we have both? If the Arrow flashbacks for this coming season are set in Coast City, then we all know who he'll meet. So why couldn't this be setting up the origin of Hal as GL in the flashbacks, while at the same time showing Hal induct John (Stewart) Diggle in the present day? It seems Diggle and Oliver aren't going to be seeing each other for a while, so this would be a good reason to develop a separate character arc.

And of course, over in Flash, if Hal HAS been active for a while, something as catastrophic as the end of the Flash season finale would certainly bear investigation by the local space cop.

If anyone needs me, I'll be hangin' out BEYOND PHOBOS!
Old June 3rd, 2015   TJLamb0518 is offline   #2
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I'm going to say Kyle ONLY because of 2 things:

Kyle (and alan) allow you to go with the "sole GL" thing without having to worry about doing the Corps on a TV budget

and really....Kyle fits the CW demographic with unrealistically de-aging him (c'mon...I love the Flash, but Barry looks 17).

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old June 3rd, 2015   WeirdoLegionnaire is offline   #3
WeirdoLegionnaire
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Hal. That way they can build on the mythos and introduce other GLs as the show goes on.

With regards to what the show is actually setting up - on The Flash, Ferris Air had been temporarily shut down during "Rogue Air" after a test pilot went missing. Sounds a heck of a lot like Hal *just* became a GL.

Old June 3rd, 2015   Jorge Galvan is offline   #4
Jorge Galvan
Supporters

None! After that Crappy GL movie, forget it!!

And something that ALWAY bothered me, why is it that the GL of space sector 2814

ALWAYS HAS TO BE A HUMAN??

Gee, are there not any ALIEN life forms BRAVE enough to weld the ring???

****!!

Old June 3rd, 2015   TJLamb0518 is offline   #5
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

None! After that Crappy GL movie, forget it!!

And something that ALWAY bothered me, why is it that the GL of space sector 2814

ALWAYS HAS TO BE A HUMAN??

Gee, are there not any ALIEN life forms BRAVE enough to weld the ring???

****!!
ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
Well....

a)The last non human GL the sector had died after crashing a spaceship he didn't even NEED. So, you know, pretty dumb.

b) The Guardians love a potty mouth and apparently, no one does it like humans.

Old June 4th, 2015   Mr. Wrong is offline   #6
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

I'm not currently watching any of the CW shows, because... well, CW.
Actually I hear good things about Flash, so maybe I'll check it out eventually.

So I don't feel right voting without having an informed opinion... hold on... I think my U.S. citizenship was revoked for making that statement... Anyway, it would be neat to see Alan Scott, an older gentleman, but not as old as he *should be* for someone active behind the scenes since World War II, appear on one of the shows, with the origin of the ring being a complete mystery even to him, and then, maybe following some epic-level adventure, sacrificing the power from the ring that has slowed his aging to save the day, and handing it off to a Hal or Kyle or John (Guy's a lot of fun as characters go, but I think he really works best when portrayed as a little more cartoony than a live action TV show would likely attempt to do). Then, the mystery of the ring's origins could give its inheritor an interesting premise for their own show; it's a little "Greatest American Hero," I admit, but it would make the eventual discovery of the Corps and the Guardians a big payoff and a serious status quo shift after a few seasons of Earth-centric GL adventures to establish the character, his powers, and his human supporting cast. Then go all out space opera for a season. JUST PLEASE DON'T HIT US WITH THE MIGHTY MORPHIN RAINBOW RING RANGERS.

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old June 4th, 2015   Jorge Galvan is offline   #7
Jorge Galvan
Supporters

I'm not currently watching any of the CW shows, because... well, CW.
Actually I hear good things about Flash, so maybe I'll check it out eventually.
ddf
Mr. Wrong View Post
I hear ya, the "CEEDUBYA"

Well, believe it or not and do take my word for it, the show is pretty damn good, but there are BUDGET restraints so, you would have to understand why Firestorm and the Atom LOOK they way they do! But there are good storylines and Geoff is a producer, so I trust in his judgement.

Now if they would only call ARROW; Green Arrow and give him an ARROW CAR!

Old June 4th, 2015   Whealer is offline   #8
Whealer
Multiverse refugee

I've enjoyed the Flash series way beyond my expectations. Considering that my favorite moment in the entire show was the winged helmet flying from the wormhole, i would love for an appearance by Alan Scott along with any JSA members they care to work in. My expectations are low but my hopes are high. What i really want to see is two Flashes rushing to the rescue of a construction worker. I can dream can't i?

Don't tase me, bro.
Old June 4th, 2015   TJLamb0518 is offline   #9
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I've enjoyed the Flash series way beyond my expectations. Considering that my favorite moment in the entire show was the winged helmet flying from the wormhole, i would love for an appearance by Alan Scott along with any JSA members they care to work in. My expectations are low but my hopes are high. What i really want to see is two Flashes rushing to the rescue of a construction worker. I can dream can't i?
ddf
Whealer View Post
You can dream, but I'd put some money down on it happening if I were you.

Old June 4th, 2015   Scott Mateo is offline   #10
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

I'm going to say Kyle ONLY because of 2 things:

Kyle (and alan) allow you to go with the "sole GL" thing without having to worry about doing the Corps on a TV budget

and really....Kyle fits the CW demographic with unrealistically de-aging him (c'mon...I love the Flash, but Barry looks 17).
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
Yep, you pretty much summed up my thoughts on why Kyle would work the best.
Considering that my favorite moment in the entire show was the winged helmet flying from the wormhole
ddf
Whealer
Mine too!

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old June 11th, 2015   John Casey is offline   #11
John Casey
Geoffan

I'm going to go with Diggle actually being John Stewart, and would like for Alan Scott to make an appearance from DCTVU E2.

Old September 15th, 2015   Gunsmoke is offline   #12
Gunsmoke
Neo Geoffan

There may a GL tease in the Season 4 premire episode of ARROW.

http://screenrant.com/arrow-season-4...green-lantern/

Old December 21st, 2015   Lundonj is offline   #13
Lundonj
Haggard Horseman

Since they've utilized Ferris Air and hinted at the Hal Jordan jacket, I wouldn't mind seeing....Hal.

I do love the Earth 2 stuff, Alan would be fun. In all, it would take a while to work through the GL rotation, but the way CW is rolling (although Legends may be the first miss), they can get it done.

Flash is my favorite superhero television program ever. Love how well that has been done, a fearless embrace of the genre and not hiding behind a lot of leather, dark shades and pretending to barely acknowledge the tough talking types are also superheroes.

-Don

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. -- George Carlin