The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old July 10th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Question LXG to return -- to the small screen?

From Newsarama: LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN Comes Back to the Screen - the Small Screen?

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the comic book series where Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill team literary characters from both the public domain and current literature, putting them in heroic - and often not-so-much heroic - situations, has hit a screen before. It was the big screen, and overall, not a very well-received movie from 20th Century Fox.

Well, FOX is ready to try again, but this time in a TV pilot. Michael Green, known for comic book adaptations like Green Lantern's live-action movie, Smallville, and the superheroic Heroes is writing and executive producing the pilot, with a second EP from Green's series Kings, Erwinn Stoff. Moore and O'Neill will not serve on the show in any official capacity, and initial reports don't indicate any response from the creators.

Moore has historically been opposed to adaptations of his works, having no official say on the original LoEG adaptation, and more recently turning down all money for the Watchmen film.
ddf

Old July 10th, 2013   5andman is offline   #2
5andman
Master Geoffan

Ugggh ... this sounds like a recipe for disaster

Old July 10th, 2013   Mackaybear is offline   #3
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

Ugggh ... this sounds like a recipe for disaster
ddf
5andman View Post
I'd have to agree here. Sadly. We'll probably get an end product that is nothing like the comic or even the movie after it goes through the usual FOX executive approval route.

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.
Old July 11th, 2013   Amentep is offline   #4
Amentep

Frankly, since the comic series has devolved into "look how much cooler older books and characters are and how pitiful and shallow new ones are" wrapped up in an attempts to be obscure instead of interesting, I kind of hope whatever TV show they come up with IS nothing like the comic.

Mind you it'll probably be terrible, but adapting some huge mess like CENTURY isn't the way to go either.

Old July 11th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #5
jafabian
I’m not dead.

I'm thinking it'll be done either like Supernatural or they'll target a younger audience and take a Vampire Diaries approach. There's potential for an awesome production here. I'm wondering if they'll bring in Dorian Grey and/or Tom Sawyer from the movie? Better yet, let's finally see Campion Bond. If there was going to be a sequel to the movie Roger Moore was set to play him. That would have been cool. Not sure if the Fleming estate would allow that though.

Old June 24th, 2015   Elias is offline   #6
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

{TB EXCLUSIVE} FOX ENTERS DEVELOPMENT ON “THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN” REBOOT