The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old June 26th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #33
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Could Mark Strong Be The New Lex Luthor?

Old June 27th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #34
jafabian
I’m not dead.

From CBR: Smallville’s Michael Rosenbaum Wants to be Man of Steel’s Luthor

Absolutely. And I would want to see the President Luthor storyline.

Old June 27th, 2013   Elias is offline   #35
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

Screen Rant:
Zack Snyder Talks ‘Man of Steel 2′; Hints at Lex Luthor and Kryptonite in the Future

Source: Moviehole: Zack Snyder
What are the questions you’re going to have answer next time out?

‘We almost destroyed the world last time, now what!?’
ddf
Mandy Griffiths

Old July 7th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #36
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Russell Crowe Would be Open to a Man of Steel Prequel

Well, that would be interesting.

Old July 20th, 2013   Elias is offline   #37
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

Default Superman & Batman

Comic-Con 2013: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.
ddf
Nicole Sperling

Old July 20th, 2013   Elias is offline   #38
Elias
Supreme Geoffan

Bleeding Cool:
It’s Official: Warner Bros. Announce Batman-Superman Movie
I want you to remember, Clark… in all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you…
ddf
Brendon Connelly
Warner Bros. Announce Zack Snyder And David Goyer Writing Batman-Superman For 2014 Shoot
AICN:
Warner Bros Throws Up The Bat Signal For MAN OF STEEL 2!

Old July 20th, 2013   Mackaybear is offline   #40
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

This could be either really cool or a major fiasco. If done properly it could set the stage for the long rumored JLA movie.

I just don't want to see a rehash of the Batman/Superman fight in DKR, as it could not be improved on and most likely will be trashed.

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.
Old July 20th, 2013   Eric Q is offline   #41
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

This could be either really cool or a major fiasco. If done properly it could set the stage for the long rumored JLA movie.

I just don't want to see a rehash of the Batman/Superman fight in DKR, as it could not be improved on and most likely will be trashed.
ddf
Mackaybear View Post
My major fear is that they will just make Batman look so much better than Superman visually, physically, and verbally.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old July 20th, 2013   Simon DelMonte is offline   #42
Simon DelMonte
Diehard DCU & Mets Fan

About as conservative a move as possible. And given my lack of enthusiasm about Man of Steel, not one likely to spur me to excitement.

Never mind that it will be only three years since Bale stepped out of the batsuit. Any actor in the part will have a hard job to do.

Simon DelMonte
Old July 21st, 2013   Terry Sloane is offline   #43
Terry Sloane
Master Geoffan

I don't want to see a Frank Miller rehash either. I think the Nolan Batman would not be a good fit here. I think this Batman has to be a bit younger and enjoy crime-fighting more and have a few more gadgets (at least a plane).

I am interested in seeing whether this will become a Superman movie co-starring Bats, or a 50-50 balance. Bats just strikes a deeper note in the modern psyche and can steal the show from just about anyone.

I am more excited than trepidacious (sp). It will all depend on the script. It will need more subtlety and complexity than 'Man of Steel' (which I loved on its own merits).

Old July 21st, 2013   BART ALLEN is offline   #44
BART ALLEN
pre 52 and proud of it

I say bring in the one true batman in the movie Sir Adam West

Looking for the light in a land of forever night
Old July 21st, 2013   TJLamb0518 is offline   #45
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I say bring in the one true batman in the movie Sir Adam West
ddf
BART ALLEN View Post
When was Adam West knighted?

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old July 22nd, 2013   Amentep is offline   #46
Amentep

Great. I hope they don't take much from TDKR; I don't see how following Man of Steel up with the comic story that turned Superman into an idiot tool of the government is an improvement....

Old July 22nd, 2013   Mr. Wrong is offline   #47
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

I think, absent a totally new idea, drawing to some degree from the animated "Worlds Finest" 3-parter from the Bruce Timm Superman cartoons could work well. Make their conflict less straight-ahead battle and more a match of one-upmanships.

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old July 22nd, 2013   komikboy is offline   #48
komikboy

hmmmm... 1st time i read the news i was like mixed feeling about superman/batman for the official sequel of MOS. I like everyone else who like MOS 2, thinking that the portion of time and scenes to explore Clark/Kal-El character will be split and shared with Bruce Wayne/Batman, and that not include if there will be Lex Luthor or other superman/batman villain. If WB choose this route, meaning the story will be focus on Superman, Batman, and unknown villain... There should be another villain, right? i am not gonna see superman vs batman alone. if i want that i rather play injustice then see the movie. This route will eventually cut big portion for Clark relationship with Lois, Perry, Lombard, etc.

but then... i read some articles about how WB should not take the same route with Marvel. i am not entirely agree with that. but the article have something to say. Its true that WB should not take the same route wth Marvel... bcoz there will be not anough time and it will also bring repetitive feeling. I meant back then in 2006 when Batman Begins, Superman return, Spiderman, Iron Man announce... the excitement is really unbelieveable. but now... i kind of get used to see that kind of movie. I meant its just like Ohhh... its another superhero movie. Thats what i felt when i saw captain america and thor. the avengers is another surprise bcoz ... well actually its the 1st superhero team up movie i ever saw on theater, except x-men off course.

So it made me thinking... how about if the route WB take is kind of "dynamic duo style"? i meant they will show superman-batman, superman wonder woman, batman-green arrow, probably flash-green lantern or perhaps superman-green lantern. i know we won't get anough origin story for each character. But it may serve well for "complicated" character with "complicated origin", i.e wonder woman. I am not purposing that WB should take this route to all DC character. Flash can have stand alone story, i guessed. Green Lantern already have, eventhough its not really well received or considered to be a flop. But the idea of this "dynamic duo style", starting with Superman Batman, is probably lie down the foundation for "more focused on team-up superhero movie". The contrast and the flow betwean superman and batman will be shown in full power, if it done right. (they should done it right!!!! bcoz i myself can,t believe right now that i sound to defending their idea).
This route will define how DC character explored. and this route will mark how DC superhero being told. Team Up. not solo. i hope you got what i meant. And this is what made it different with Marvel superhero movie.

well that my thought... i don,t know about you all, guys