The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old May 24th, 2014   magicspoon is offline   #1
magicspoon
Eye See You

Post Where is the Bloc

What happened? I miss the Bloc! Life, love, consequences. I for one am tired of looking at the same other......

Click on this, and give your eyes and brain a feast!

"Habagase, Get in the Room!"
http://www.harmoniousgrid.com/
Old May 28th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #2
Amentep

Interesting. Particularly since I got the message to load earlier and now...nothing. Perhaps I killed it?

Based on the stickies, I think Roger Stern might have some stuff he wants to promote.

There seem to be some re-occuring threads that, perhaps could start off as bloc posts each week (I'm thinking Matches Book of the Week and Comic's Shipping thread)?

Old May 29th, 2014   TJLamb0518 is offline   #3
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Before it crahed on me, I believe I saw Josh's name attached tot he article. Spoon, not to be my usual snarky self, but look at the last time HE posted here. For that matter, before this, look at the last time YOU posted here.

You can't really be wondering what's happened to the bloc when you guys don't even participate yourselves.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old May 29th, 2014   manwithnoname is offline   #4
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

Boing!

Old May 29th, 2014   MattDiCarlo is offline   #5
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

We didn't leave! DC left us!

Sniff.

Old May 29th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #6
Amentep

We need Dan Didio to post here again, then?

Old May 30th, 2014   married guy is offline   #7
married guy
The 3 Legged Horseman

I gotta say I left the forums here a couple of years ago when it started getting REALLY narky on the Flash page.

I dropped in here a week ago to see what was going on & was shocked at how quiet it was. It appears I wasn't the only one who took a leave of absence.

It's a shame as this was my favourite place to hang out. Great people, great mods and a fantastic vibe. It would be great to get that back again.

'My name is Wally West. I'm the Flash!'
I'm in a very abusive relationship with DC, and I just keep coming back for more. - Fastest
Old May 30th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #8
Amentep

Well glad you came back mg (you are back, yes?)

Sadly I think the increase in negativity + a couple of board outages really shook a lot of people out of forums.

Old May 30th, 2014   Mr. Wrong is offline   #9
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

Well, the New 52 fractured the DC fans here and spawned a lot of negativity and/or frustration from both those who loved it and those who didn't. I'm certainly guilty as charged of being a part of that. Most folks that are still here seem to have calmed down about it. I'd love to see the community rebuild.

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old May 30th, 2014   MattDiCarlo is offline   #10
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

Frankly, I think that we'd have to find a new central focus for the board, because there just aren't enough of the people that this place catered to even reading DC anymore. There are places on the internet mainly focused on nostalgia and remembrance and old stories and what not, be it old Star Trek or kayfabememories or what. I guess that'd be an idea.

Otherwise, we could go broad and talk about more things. Personally, I don't even really like to talk nostalgically about DC anymore. Going on about "Wasn't New Teen Titans great!" sort of leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Yes, the old stories are still there, but they've been so marginalized not just from a "Continuity" standpoint but from a thematic one. I love Justice League International and Waid and Geoff's Wally stories and all of Keith Giffens' goofy little projects like Vext and the Starlin issues of DC Comics Presents and everything Ostrander did. I don't really feel like talking about any of that stuff anymore.

This was a DC board, though, and one with very traditional leanings and with Geoff Johns' name behind it in a lot of ways. That's in part why we had a slightly older, more mature user base, and one that brought up the level of some of the younger posters to meet them.

When the core product that these posters talked about is no longer catering to them, and really, instead doing quite the opposite, obviously there's going to be an issue.

It was always a great place to talk about things, but right now the established (even if not official) purpose no longer matches the clientele.

Old May 30th, 2014   chrisbenes is offline   #11
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

We didn't leave! DC left us!

Sniff.
ddf
MattDiCarlo View Post
while I fully understand this used to be more of a DC friendly place due to the fact that this used to be GeoffJohns.com and he wrote for DC, that has changed. Yet the feel is that this place is more DC centric in it's looks.

I find for some it's difficult to discuss other comics since they are all blended together.

That's just 1 of the things I see as being an issue.

Another issue for me personally is now that I get my books through DCBS the discussion is over by the time I read certain issues.

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old May 30th, 2014   jasonleo is offline   #12
jasonleo
Genius Honky Horseman

I say just open the Political Forum again

caught a ride with a trickster and a javelin man
to a town down by the sea
Old May 30th, 2014   chrisbenes is offline   #13
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

while I fully understand this used to be more of a DC friendly place due to the fact that this used to be GeoffJohns.com and he wrote for DC, that has changed. Yet the feel is that this place is more DC centric in it's looks.

I find for some it's difficult to discuss other comics since they are all blended together.

That's just 1 of the things I see as being an issue.

Another issue for me personally is now that I get my books through DCBS the discussion is over by the time I read certain issues.
ddf
chrisbenes View Post
I also think we need to remove the Geoff, Greg and Ron sections. Those should become Marvel, DC, Indy sections (my thoughts anyway)

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old May 30th, 2014   jasonleo is offline   #14
jasonleo
Genius Honky Horseman

We need a Rex Manning day. Anything can happen on Rex Manning Day.

Old May 30th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #15
Amentep

ddf
chrisbenes View Post
I have a similar position in that I don't get to the local shop weekly (or even monthly).

One of the things I try to do to fight this is create threads not about a single issue but about the comic itself. That way anyone can discuss any part of the run they happen to be reading.

Old May 30th, 2014   jasonleo is offline   #16
jasonleo
Genius Honky Horseman

The fat man walks alone.