The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old October 14th, 2010   Arcademan/PixieP is offline   #577
Arcademan/PixieP
Zettai daijōbu da yo

Anyone catch last week's episode with the Doom Patrol? I enjoyed it big time along with the opening Batgirl sequence recapping her first appearance from the comic book. I'm kind of noticing a darker trend with the newer B&B eps than the first ones and while I personally like it, they're kind of pushing that Y-7 rating now that 2 of the past 3 episodes ended up with deaths.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread- Results and news!
Old October 14th, 2010   Mackaybear is offline   #578
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

I haven't seen it yet. I'm planning on getting it off of iTunes later.

But it sounds interesting.

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.
Old October 14th, 2010   fallentaco is offline   #579
fallentaco
The Lone Gunman

I loved the use of every era of the patrol, the Carnival poster when they introduced Negative man had Beast Boy, Flex Mentallo and some others, this is why I love this show.

It was Stamford all over again only this time Nitro was the edge of Cap’s shield.-Joe Q
Old October 14th, 2010   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #580
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Anyone catch last week's episode with the Doom Patrol? I enjoyed it big time along with the opening Batgirl sequence recapping her first appearance from the comic book. I'm kind of noticing a darker trend with the newer B&B eps than the first ones and while I personally like it, they're kind of pushing that Y-7 rating now that 2 of the past 3 episodes ended up with deaths.
ddf
Arcademan/PixieP View Post
Don't forgot when the Spectre turned Prof. Milo into solid cheese and set the rats loose to eat him! That's pushed the rating too- I mean, I loved it...but I was surprised they got away with that!

And everyone needs to watch the awesome Birds of Prey episode on Friday Oct. 15 by Gail Simone!

Old October 15th, 2010   Truxillogical is offline   #581
Truxillogical
Neo Geoffan

Is this show still on? I tried watching an episode with Plastic Man and Gorilla Grodd a couple years ago and it was so bad I ended up turning it off. Like "The Batman" first season bad. Has it gotten any better?
ddf
rpi View Post
I find the best answer to that question is this scene. Well, that or any scene with Aquaman. Outrageous!

Anyone catch tonight's episode? Booster, Beetle, Madmen, Haunted Tank, man-hugs, and awesomeness?

This show makes me feel like a kid waking up for Saturday morning cartoons every time. Love it.

Old October 15th, 2010   rpi is offline   #582
rpi
Geoffan

Yeah, I'm watching the Beetle/Booster episode right now. It's kinda painful, and someone else in the room who doesn't watch many cartoons just started laughing at the character designs. I think this series just ain't for me. I do agree that Batman, as a character, is strong enough to survive almost anything. However, I've also always been a believer that just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.

Every artist is a cannibal
Every poet is a thief
All kill their inspiration
And sing about the grief
Old October 15th, 2010   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #583
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

I was expecting the Birds of Prey episode tonight, but this one was a nice surprise.

I think the best part of this cartoon is the amount of little details they work in- like the posters at the circus in the Doom Patrol episode- and the amount of characters this series has animated for the first time. This series is introducing kids to so much from the DCU.

Hopefully BoP will be on next week?

Old October 17th, 2010   Simon DelMonte is offline   #584
Simon DelMonte
Diehard DCU & Mets Fan

I was expecting the Birds of Prey episode tonight, but this one was a nice surprise.

I think the best part of this cartoon is the amount of little details they work in- like the posters at the circus in the Doom Patrol episode- and the amount of characters this series has animated for the first time. This series is introducing kids to so much from the DCU.

Hopefully BoP will be on next week?
ddf
Jeff Nowicki View Post
I think someone at CN finally watched the BoP episode and saw the very raunchy song that's been making the rounds on YouTube. I hate to say it, but this one might be in for some very big retuning before it airs.

Simon DelMonte
Old October 17th, 2010   Capt America1941 is offline   #585
Capt America1941
Advanced Geoffan

I enjoyed the last two episodes a lot. Loved the Doom Patrol and the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle episode made me miss Ted again. I also just watched the BoP song on YouTube, damn funny!! Hope it doesn't get cut, but if it does, I hope they keep it in the dvd release.

fight the power !!!!! don't register!!!
Old October 17th, 2010   WeirdoLegionnaire is offline   #586
WeirdoLegionnaire
Yeah, that's the ticket!

ddf
Arcademan/PixieP View Post
That whole episode was amazing. I'm a huge Doom Patrol fan, so some of the callbacks put a huge grin on my face. From the already mentioned carnival pictures to the use of The Arsenal and those 3 mutants as major bad guys, that was really good stuff.

The only way it could have been better is if they included the Brotherhood of Dada!

Old October 17th, 2010   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #587
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Wikipedia lists next week episode as the Emporer Joker one so that should be sweet.

But the BoP episode (official name: "The Mask of Matches Malone!") lists as being aired in other countries, but not here. I really want to see it because it also lists SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Two-Face as the villain and Black Orchid as the hero appearing in the opening short! Black Orchid!! That's beyond cool. And she's fighting Poison Ivy!

Hopefully the episode will air unaltered. All my friends are huge fans of Gail and BoP so they all want to see this particular episode...

Old October 17th, 2010   Truxillogical is offline   #588
Truxillogical
Neo Geoffan

I enjoyed the last two episodes a lot. Loved the Doom Patrol and the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle episode made me miss Ted again. I also just watched the BoP song on YouTube, damn funny!! Hope it doesn't get cut, but if it does, I hope they keep it in the dvd release.
ddf
Capt America1941 View Post
Aw man, I hope not. That song is epic. Nevermind that it isn't any more raunchy than the average episode of Animaniacs (standard rule being anything eyebrow-raising is also way over the heads of anyone too young for it). Heck, if the penis-bed from the totally-not-the-Playboy-Mansion in that episode of Justice League got a pass, this should too.

Old October 17th, 2010   michealdark is offline   #589
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

I hope they don't edit it too. That song is awesome/hilarious!

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old October 17th, 2010   Mackaybear is offline   #590
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_sho...nbb/index.html

Next week Emperor Joker.

Week after Cris Cross Crisis

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.
Old October 17th, 2010   michealdark is offline   #591
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

I wonder if they just pulled the BOP episode completely? That would suck if say the Canadians got to see it and we never will. Dang puritanical attitudes. *pout*

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old October 18th, 2010   datalore is offline   #592
datalore
Advanced Geoffan

WHAT was so objectionable in the BoP ep? (or should we not even discuss that in a forum?)

And, I'll REALLY be mad if it don't make it (Black Orchid vs. Poison Ivy??? HOW cool is that????)

Blasted CArtoon Network.

http://www.saac-mcr.com/main/myford/ "Anyone who has said words can't hurt you...has never been hit by a dictionary!"