The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old September 8th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #1
Amentep

Default Multiversity #1

I liked it. Not sure where its going to go, but its a nice different feeling book from DC (and so many fun cameos too).

Will be interested in how the series is going to take shape as it moves forward.

Old September 8th, 2014   Astro@work is offline   #2
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

I liked it. Not sure where its going to go, but its a nice different feeling book from DC (and so many fun cameos too).

Will be interested in how the series is going to take shape as it moves forward.
ddf
Amentep View Post
I liked it a lot as well. Ive re-read it twice now, which is more than I can say for most of the books I get lately. I also found it interesting that most of the internet posts I've seen about Multiversity didn't pick up on Lord Havok's earth not being new and predating the nu52. The Marvel-analogue Earth dates back to the 90's although Morrison expanded upon the ideas and characters. Can't wait to see what he does with the other Earths!

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old September 8th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #3
Amentep

I'm actually not too up on which earths are cannon in the New 52. Did note that the one world seemed to be an updating of the "Avengers-like" JLA characters.

And noticed that Lord Volt and Lady Quark were on the ship with all of the other heroes when Captain Carrot shows Superpresidentman around.

Old September 9th, 2014   Matches is offline   #4
Matches
stepping aside

Yea Gypsy's there too. I didn't finish up the Vibe series so I dunno if that's the version from that series or a variant.

In any event, I think it's clear that Multiversity, like Action #9, is meant to transcend any of DC's continuity reboots or alterations. Morrison's conception of the multiverse has always been that it's bigger than any one continuity, even going back to Animal Man.

I skipped a lot of the Countdown stuff, so minds more knowledgeable than mine? - I know there was a Lord Havok series around then - was it intended to be the same dude who was in Justice League Europe? And is that the same guy in Multiversity #1?

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old September 9th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #5
Amentep

I think it was the same Lord Havok in the Countdown thing as in JLE; not sure about Multiversity.

Old September 9th, 2014   Mr. Wrong is offline   #6
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

My impression was that it was a different version of Lord Havok & the Extremists. They didn't acknowledge having ever encountered the heroes of New Earth or whatever it was called then. I think it was a new parallel world created at the end of 52.

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old September 18th, 2014   jafabian is offline   #7
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Just picked this up. It's good but I'm going to have to re-read it again to better digest it. Love the Sprouse artwork.

Old September 18th, 2014   imarriedsatanII is offline   #8
imarriedsatanII
Horseman of the Calypso

Loved issue #2 (S.O.S), the next book in the series, or whatever it is.

Loved the characters included. Was surprised by a couple. Nice to see familiar faces, even if they were altered somewhat. My single favorite scene was with the Blackhawks in the swamp (not spoiling anything). The next book should be fun, too.

"Something profound" - Me