The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old December 19th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Default Uncanny X-Force issue #19 Preview & Discussion

NEWSARAMA PREVIEW

UNCANNY X-FORCE #19
Written by Rick Remender
Penciled by Robbi Rodriguez
Cover by RAFAEL GRAMPA
Variant Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

The aftermath of The Dark Angel Saga! A member lost! New members gained! An Avenger discovers the secret of X-Force! Fantomex and Ultimaton must allow the world’s most powerful weapon to leave their care. Elizabeth Braddock must say goodbye to the man she loves. New friends must stand and make a suicide march. Next generation superstar artist Robbi Rodriguez joins Rick Remender to break your heart.

32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
ddf

Old December 21st, 2011   Sentinel119 is offline   #2
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

This was a great issue. I loved it all.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right
Old December 21st, 2011   chasm is offline   #3
chasm
Master Geoffan

This was a great issue. I loved it all.
ddf
Sentinel119 View Post
Me too. This is what the X-Men books used to be all about. Sweeping stories of epic scale, character growth and change, interaction of friends and teammates building something for the future. My favorite Marvel book right now. Bring on the Captain Britain Corps.

Old December 21st, 2011   Sentinel119 is offline   #4
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

I don't know if Rick Remender is a fan of the X-Men but he is doing a great job and is approaching the book with respect and detailed knowledge of the X-verse. The more and more I read this title, the more I think he needs to be writing one of the main titles.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right
Old December 22nd, 2011   Scott Mateo is offline   #5
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

It was a great epilogue, though I was expecting more out of Hank as far as Warren was concerned. But man, that last part with the Captain Britain Corps. blew me away!

Rick's run on VENOM is good stuff too! It almost reminds me of Beau Smith's GUY GARDNER: WARRIOR in some respects.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old January 15th, 2012   Matches is offline   #6
Matches
stepping aside

I am a longtime X-Men agnostic but recently started reading this series and am completely loving it. I'm only through #2 so far so it'll be a long while before I catch up, but man this is a good-looking book.

I agree about Venom too. Remender's Frankencastle was also a ton of fun. I think he's my favorite Marvel writer at the moment; has really come into his own over the last couple of years.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old January 15th, 2012   superfriend is offline   #7
superfriend
laughs at comics

just here to heap more praise on Remender and his books. along with Black Panther, Uncanny X-Force has been one of the most enjoyable books for me that Marvel has put out in the last coupla years.

the Dark Angel Saga derailed the book for me and the .1 issue was all kinds of "who cares" (not really following this Age of Apocalypse revival) but looking forward to the next arc.

some of the best artists in Marvel's stable are rotating thru this book as well. really quality stuff.

his Venom was pretty good up until the Spider-Island hoo-hah. i'm looking forward to that one recovering though--conceptually, i haven't really enjoyed reading about the Venom symbiote for a very long time so, net plus there.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old January 18th, 2013   manwithnoname is offline   #8
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

didn't like Robbi Rodriquez's art.

Remender fills the issue with great character moments throughout. very interested in kid apocalypse & amnesiac-warren.