The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

View Poll Results: Where should the Flash section be located?
Put it back in the Geoff Johns section 1 3.45%
Make it a subtopic in the Justice League section 5 17.24%
Keep it buried here as the Bloc's "dirty little secret." 10 34.48%
I have a better idea. See BELOW... 1 3.45%
It's where it's supposed to be, because the mods here are dicks. 13 44.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 23rd, 2011   Heatwave the Rogue is offline   #1
Heatwave the Rogue
Barry Allen's #1 fan!

Default Newsflash: Flash section "goes deep" at the Comic Bloc

I can understand the Flash topic being removed from the Geoff Johns portion of the front page. However, having it relocated to the sub-basement cellar of the Comic Bloc (The Comic Bloc / General Talk / Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors / DC / Flash... whew!!) has resulted in a quiet, yet public, unintended "assassination" of the forum. Where there certainly other factors at the moment causing some of the slow traffic here, the moving of the forum was not a good idea in my opinion.

My proposal for moderator consideration: Make the Flash section a sub-topic of the Justice League section of Geoff Johns. Although Mr. Johns is not currently a writer on the Flash book itself, he WAS the writer of Flashpoint and IS currently the writer of Justice League, a book that the Flash is a lead character. The comic bloc has been THE Flash message board for years and it would be unfortunate to let that title go to another message board.

If you support this idea, or have an even better one. Please post it here for people to see.
Last edited by Heatwave the Rogue; November 23rd, 2011 at 04:34 AM.

There's a Flash section here? Where is it? ;-)
Old November 23rd, 2011   leonmallett is offline   #2
leonmallett
comics fan

Why should Flash be different to any other DC book that Geoff Johns isn't involved in?

It seems reasonable to have it where it is, just as former Johns books/sections are such as JSA.

The new 52 - probably not for me...
Old November 23rd, 2011   E2Brutus is offline   #3
E2Brutus
The Obsidian Horseman

I agree with Leon. The Flash forum is no more "buried" than the Superman, Batman, Titans, etc. fora.

Site traffic is down across the board. Add to that the recent crackdown and it's no surprise that there isn't a lot of activity in here.

If you want to see more threads in the Flash forum, start them.

Old November 23rd, 2011   Simon DelMonte is offline   #4
Simon DelMonte
Diehard DCU & Mets Fan

I have no trouble finding it. And if today's issue is like the first two, I will have no trouble praising it.

Simon DelMonte
Old November 23rd, 2011   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #5
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

Yeah I agree with the other guys. No reason to move it. This is where it belongs now. Geoff isn't writing the book.

I know traffic has been down and I think there have been lots of reasons for that. Geoffs not writing the book, the crack down on the posters and the fact that DC hasn't said or done anything to piss anyone off in a while. lol.

Personally speaking since I am not reading the book anymore I post less and less because I have nothing to say about new content. I do still read the boards here and there. Mostly when a new issue comes out to see what people think and to hear if anything is mentioned about Wally.

Old November 23rd, 2011   LastSun is offline   #6
LastSun
Master Geoffan

I would almost say create a DC and Marvel section on the main page with all the subsections there ( like with the creators).

With the overall drop in traffic to the site though it would almost make sense to drop the sub folders all together and just have general Marvel and DC talks

It looks great! The fat one balances the two skinny ones.

Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?
Old November 23rd, 2011   Amentep is offline   #7
Amentep

Frankly I think the Comic Bloc has too many divisions and its sometimes difficult to remember where books are at now (a fact that is made worse when they shift creators), at least moving Flash here where its at is consistent with how they've done the other subtopics that aren't being written or drawn by a Comic Bloc pro.

Old November 23rd, 2011   Outside_85 is offline   #8
Outside_85
persona non grata

Universally, I think current titles should only be listed under any given writer when he as actually writing it.
Meaning the GJ section should only have Aquaman, Green Lantern and Justice League, while you could have a Sub-section where you put links or copies of the forums from titles he used to write, like GJ: Archives.

All those titles that end up under his name, despite him never writing them, like JLD and New Guardians, should be moved to the DC section unless the writers have their own corners here.

Old November 23rd, 2011   SmilingKnight is offline   #9
SmilingKnight
Advanced Geoffan

There's no "It's exactly where it should be" option

"Things won by force must always be maintained and defended by force" Commander Hawkins, Voltron
Old November 23rd, 2011   HushedRuin is offline   #10
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

What? No. It's a DC Comics title not written by Geoff Johns. It's in the DC section, where it should be.

Should Superman still be under Geoff or Rucka? No, because they're not writing it anymore.

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old November 23rd, 2011   JRM is offline   #11
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Why should Flash be different to any other DC book that Geoff Johns isn't involved in?

It seems reasonable to have it where it is, just as former Johns books/sections are such as JSA.
ddf
leonmallett View Post
Exactly what I was thinking, place it either in the JLA folder or place it as a folder of its own within the DC forms. No reason to treat it differently. If a title is not done by Ron (oh wait DC took him from that one ), or by Greg (oh wait he isn't part of this shingbang ) or Geoff himself --- these three have their own forms - then it should be with the rest of the DC titles. I don't mind if Geoff lets it be lumped under the JLA banner, as a sub-form of that ... but wouldn't that just make it harder to find, especially for any new readers who has just joined the fun???

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old November 24th, 2011   Eric Q is offline   #12
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

"Where should the Flash section be located?"

"I have a better idea. See BELOW..."
ddf
Maybe it's me but this sounds racy. I like it!

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old November 24th, 2011   ADGood is offline   #13
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

An interesting thought exercise. Okay, how about this. I'm going to pretend that I'm new to the forums, and see whether a logical progression of thought could get me to the Flash threads.

<Whistling a jaunty tune> Here I am, new to the forums. I would like to visit the Flash section. Where, oh where, could it be?

Hmm. What's this, in the very first box at the top of the forum list? Comics? And inside the box, there's a link that says "DC"? Why, Flash is a DC comic! Perhaps I'll find it there. Let's try it and see.

Oh, my. There appears to be a whole list of sub-forums here. It could take ever so long to go down through all of them until I found...

No, wait. It's the third one, right there after Superman and Batman. Hm. Well...I guess I can understand those two being first, even if I was looking for the Flash.

...Nope. Doesn't seem terribly difficult. Perhaps I missed a step or two? There must be some hidden convolution that I'm not seeing.

Old November 24th, 2011   ADGood is offline   #14
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

Incidentally, perhaps it would be better to phrase that third option on the poll slightly differently. For example, it could read, "I think we should leave it where it is, and also I totally enjoy kicking puppies for no reason." You know, just to get the full effect across.

Or, to put it non-sarcastically... There's no way to vote for keeping things the way they are without tacitly agreeing with the OP's spin on the situation. Which is plum disingenuous no matter which way y'all cut it.

Old November 24th, 2011   Heatwave the Rogue is offline   #15
Heatwave the Rogue
Barry Allen's #1 fan!

Maybe it's me but this sounds racy. I like it!
ddf
Eric Q View Post
Post of the week!!

Old November 24th, 2011   Heatwave the Rogue is offline   #16
Heatwave the Rogue
Barry Allen's #1 fan!

Or, to put it non-sarcastically... There's no way to vote for keeping things the way they are without tacitly agreeing with the OP's spin on the situation. Which is plum disingenuous no matter which way y'all cut it.
ddf
ADGood View Post
That's me, Heatwave the Rogue aka Captain Disingenuous. Or... the dude that worded his poll in a more fun way (or at least tried to).