The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old April 29th, 2011   FlashEarthOne is offline   #1
FlashEarthOne
Geoffan

Default Geoff Johns on Flashpoint and Green Lantern

http://comics.ign.com/articles/116/1163018p1.html

IGN: You know, I put out a call for questions yesterday on Twitter, and a lot of fans have been asking about where Wally West is. Are we going to be seeing Wally in Flashpoint at all?

Johns: It's more focused on Barry and the DC Universe.

Old April 29th, 2011   Stephen Henel is offline   #2
Stephen Henel
Lord Magistrate of Mayhem

Default Geoff Johns Flashpoint interview on IGN

It also answers a burning question I myself had about Flashpoint:

IGN: You know, I put out a call for questions yesterday on Twitter, and a lot of fans have been asking about where Wally West is. Are we going to be seeing Wally in Flashpoint at all?

Johns: It's more focused on Barry and the DC Universe.
ddf
Probably going to be skipping this thing entirely. I'm sure it'll be great, but I know there's absolutely no pay off for me or any other Wally fan that stuck with the book so far in the hopes that Wally would get his due. I can't get mad at Johns, really. I was the person who assumed good things for the Flash book meant good things for Wally. It was just an unwise investment on my part.

As promised, tapping out.
Old April 29th, 2011   Stephen Henel is offline   #3
Stephen Henel

Scooped by a few minutes. Combine?

Yeah, Geoff Johns has used up all of my goodwill as a Wally West fan. He'll need to do a heck of a lot to earn it back. A lot more than simply not killing him. A lot more than writing him telling me to like Barry.
Last edited by Stephen Henel; April 29th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.

Old April 29th, 2011   BrandonFordDodds is offline   #4
BrandonFordDodds
Geoffan

This shouldn't be much of a surprise, Johns came back to write the Flash because of Barry Allen.

This is good news!

Old April 29th, 2011   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #5
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

It also answers a burning question I myself had about Flashpoint:

Probably going to be skipping this thing entirely. I'm sure it'll be great, but I know there's absolutely no pay off for me or any other Wally fan that stuck with the book so far in the hopes that Wally would get his due. I can't get mad at Johns, really. I was the person who assumed good things for the Flash book meant good things for Wally. It was just an unwise investment on my part.
ddf
Stephen Henel View Post
Wow. I really didn't expect this at all. (which is probably my own fault) I mean a FLASHCENTRIC event and little to no Wally West. So where exactly is Wally supposed to be "kicking ass" as Geoff said a year and a half ago? In back issues? A five issue mini series, 16 minis and one shots and they couldn't throw us a bone??? Ugh. Ya know I was really trying to stay positive about the Flash universe but ...well whatever. I'm just gonna leave it at that and try and keep my mouth shut.

Looking to trade my single issues for the trade paperbacks. Inbox me if interested. Green Lantern, JSA, Avengers and many DC & Marvel books.
Old April 29th, 2011   jafabian is offline   #6
jafabian
I’m not dead.

ddf
Stephen Henel View Post

Done!

Old April 29th, 2011   Stephen Henel is offline   #7
Stephen Henel

This shouldn't be much of a surprise, Johns came back to write the Flash because of Barry Allen.

This is good news!
ddf
BrandonFordDodds View Post
It is for Barry Allen fans, and I certainly wish you all the best.

Old April 29th, 2011   FlashEarthOne is offline   #8
FlashEarthOne
Geoffan

ddf
Stephen Henel View Post
Haha...

Old April 29th, 2011   GeraldKeefer is offline   #9
GeraldKeefer
Gabba Gabba Hey!

Great news! Really looking forward to Flashpoint even more so now. I really don't think anyone can be surprised by this. Combined that it's going to be a Flash and Batman as the main 2 characters has me pumped.

Check out my band if you get a chance

Loud, fast, aggressive Rock N Roll

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedeadenders
Old April 29th, 2011   BrandonFordDodds is offline   #10
BrandonFordDodds
Geoffan

It is for Barry Allen fans, and I certainly wish you all the best.
ddf
Stephen Henel View Post
Hey what can I say other than I like Barry Allen as the Flash, but that didn't stop me from reading 200 plus issues of Wally West as the Flash.

Old April 29th, 2011   Stephen Henel is offline   #11
Stephen Henel

Hey what can I say other than I like Barry Allen as the Flash, but that didn't stop me from reading 200 plus issues of Wally West as the Flash.
ddf
BrandonFordDodds View Post
Well, who knows. When Geoff finally gets to killing off Wally West so that Barry Allen will be the only Flash available, perhaps I'll feel differently.

Old April 29th, 2011   BESTBUY is offline   #12
BESTBUY
Supporters

The story really is about Barry and Bruce which is awesome. Shoehorning Wally into the story just to give him page time when it isn't his story wouldn't make sense. But you are getting a 2nd Flash book after Flashpoint. Who do you think is going to be in it?

Ray Palmer, Ronnie Raymond, Ralph Dibney, Dinah Lance in the JLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 29th, 2011   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #13
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

The story really is about Barry and Bruce which is awesome. Shoehorning Wally into the story just to give him page time when it isn't his story wouldn't make sense. But you are getting a 2nd Flash book after Flashpoint. Who do you think is going to be in it?
ddf
BESTBUY View Post
There's a 5 issue mini, 16 crossover minis and specials...I don't think it would be shoehorning to give him a part somewhere in all of that. But hey...that's what Geoff and DC wanna do. It is what it is.

And who do I think is starring in the new Flash book? At this point probably Cyborg and Aquaman.

Looking to trade my single issues for the trade paperbacks. Inbox me if interested. Green Lantern, JSA, Avengers and many DC & Marvel books.
Old April 29th, 2011   Stephen Henel is offline   #14
Stephen Henel

ddf
BESTBUY View Post
No confirmation on that second book. At all. And here's the thing about fiction: you can tell whatever kind of story you want. If you want to tell the kind of story where Bart Allen has his own adventures in a separate miniseries, you can tell that story. I know you can tell that story because that story's actually being told. You can tell a story about the Flying Graysons and Deadman and the Canterbury Cricket and Emperor Aquaman and Cyborg and John Constantine, because apparently, those stories are being told as well. Be honest, between all of the preceding characters and Wally West, who would be more likely to appear in a story called "Flashpoint?" Which character has stronger ties to the mythology being used? Which character is a more natural and logical fit for the story? Wally West wasn't removed to fit the demands of the story. I'm sure we'll find that the story was written to require the removal of Wally West.

Old April 29th, 2011   Kyer is offline   #15
Kyer
Sorry MkBear

Well, who knows. When Geoff finally gets to killing off Wally West so that Barry Allen will be the only Flash available, perhaps I'll feel differently.
ddf
Stephen Henel View Post
Oh don't be silly.

Why should Mr. Johns waste time and ink killing off Wally when all he has to do is continue what he has been doing and quietly refuse to acknowledge he existed?

Of course, he COULD let another writer make a book with Wally...but why should he? Ticking off half the fan base never seemed to trouble him so far.

(DC Universe. Really? REALLY? Like Wally West has nothing to do with the DC Universe or the Flash universe, Mr. Jones?)

Is there a way to write Marvel and plead for them to buy the rights to the Wally West character? Or maybe one of the Indies? I'm only half kidding. Never mind Barry's character, it's (I don't care about the fans) attitudes like this that make me want to leave totally.

People had been working for so many years to make the world a safe organized place. Nobody realized how boring it would become. ~Palahniuk
Old April 29th, 2011   Stephen Henel is offline   #16
Stephen Henel

Oh don't be silly.

Why should Mr. Johns waste time and ink killing off Wally when all he has to do is continue what he has been doing and quietly refuse to acknowledge he existed?

Of course, he COULD let another writer make a book with Wally...but why should he? Ticking off half the fan base never seemed to trouble him so far.

(DC Universe. Really? REALLY? Like Wally West has nothing to do with the DC Universe or the Flash universe, Mr. Jones?)

Is there a way to write Marvel and plead for them to buy the rights to the Wally West character? Or maybe one of the Indies? I'm only half kidding. Never mind Barry's character, it's (I don't care about the fans) attitudes like this that make me want to leave totally.
ddf
Kyer View Post
Like Geoff's or mine? I was being facetious about Wally's death. There's no way I'd buy a Flash book for a good long time after that.