The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old August 21st, 2010   Cloud101 is offline   #1
Cloud101

Default DC's Next Cosmic Event?

Bedard mentioned that REBELS will probably be in DC's Next cosmic event. Any idea what it is?

Old August 21st, 2010   Astro is offline   #2
Astro
Geoffan

It's a Legion centric event, probably launched by (or tied into by) the upcoming Legion annual by Giffen/Levitz.

I suspect it'll be co-plotted by Giffen and Levitz and drawn principally by Giffen with tie ins by various others.

I have nothing to back this up, but various little bits of information out there make it an easy bet.

Old August 21st, 2010   oddballuk is offline   #3
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

A Legion event would be cool.

I also wonder what the Anti-Monitor is up to and with the Weaponer of Qward creating a weapon from White Lantern matter over in Bedard's Green Lantern Corps, I wonder whether an Anti-Matter Universe invasion of the DCU might not soon come to pass?

All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me. Whole and complete and free at last.
- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old August 22nd, 2010   Astro is offline   #4
Astro
Geoffan

A Legion event would be cool.

I also wonder what the Anti-Monitor is up to and with the Weaponer of Qward creating a weapon from White Lantern matter over in Bedard's Green Lantern Corps, I wonder whether an Anti-Matter Universe invasion of the DCU might not soon come to pass?
ddf
oddballuk View Post
I'm thinking the next big GL centric event (which the Anti Matter invasion of the DCU would necessarily be, IMHO) is going to be a little ways down the line, at least two years post Blackest Night.

Things like Giffen saying that he is booked up with penciling gigs for the rest of the year (despite being extremely fast by his own admission), DC obviously having a good bit of confidence in Levitz's Legion (giving him two books right off the bat to play with), REBELS being the title that ties into it, the already known Giffen/Levitz team up, etc.

Again, it's just a bunch of small things, but I'd bet pretty thoroughly that a small, very contained Legion event is the next 'cosmic thing'.

I would love love love to see an Annihilation-style Anti Matter Invasion somewhere down the line, though I don't think that Johns is really the man to handle it. Busiek would KILL it though, and I would be gutted of the mythology that he created with the Void Hound and the Thunderer that JLA arc centered on weren't included.

Old August 22nd, 2010   JRM is offline   #5
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

It's a Legion centric event, probably launched by (or tied into by) the upcoming Legion annual by Giffen/Levitz.

I suspect it'll be co-plotted by Giffen and Levitz and drawn principally by Giffen with tie ins by various others.

I have nothing to back this up, but various little bits of information out there make it an easy bet.
ddf
Astro View Post
Gawd I hope not - the worst way to F-up the Legion is to again lock tie it into the 20th Century.

Good way to finally kill the Legion once and for all - in the end all that is special and unique will be ripped away.

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old August 23rd, 2010   BrianT is offline   #6
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

My guess is something involving the tie-up of "Brightest Day". REBELS is almost a 4th GL title, so I can see it being involved. Considering the 3 GL titles and REBELS are the only cosmic books DC has right now, something along those lines makes sense to me.

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old August 24th, 2010   GRL is offline   #7
GRL

Gawd I hope not - the worst way to F-up the Legion is to again lock tie it into the 20th Century.

Good way to finally kill the Legion once and for all - in the end all that is special and unique will be ripped away.

Jim
ddf
JRM View Post
I'm not sure this was heavy-handed enough, but then that'd mess up the gimmick.

Old August 24th, 2010   virtuadept is offline   #8
virtuadept
bye.

If its anything other than GL I'll pass.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.