The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > The Comic Shop: Creators

The Comic Shop: Creators but wait, there's more!

Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #17
JT Krul

How soon before people start asking about Lilith?

I kid, I kid.

I guess I'll nudge my content thoughts over here. Do you think that there's more of a responsibility for Teen Titans to be the sort of book that a librarian feels comfortable recommending to a young teen as a gateway book into the DCU than something like Outsiders or even "Titans."
ddf
MattDiCarlo View Post
I don't really think that way when coming up with stories. If it's a good story, it's a good story. I think you can have slightly mature content in a book without it being inappropriate for kids. But that comes with anything. I mean for example look the intensity of the last Harry Potter book compared to the first one. Obviously the Arsenal story is definitely not a kid's story, but again where is that line? I wouldn't give it to a 10 year-old, but a sixteen year-old yes. Well, then what about 15 or 14?

Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #18
JT Krul

Do you think Damage and Terra II are now together in the afterlife?

How about Gnark and Lilith?
ddf
michealdark View Post
Possibly, and hopefully a few villains slipped through so they have some ass to kick.

Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #19
JT Krul

Awesome, I love these threads.

Since we have no info on your run and we know you can't answer anything specifically related to it yet, I've got two generic questions for you concerning Teen Titans:

1: Who is your favorite character (doesn't have to be on the current team)?

2: What character are you most interested in writing about that IS on the current team?
ddf
therealssjlink View Post
1. I do I answer that...Hmmm. Well, Roy has always been one of my favorites. But Tim Drake to me is one of the best in the entire DCU.

2. One of the current members that i would like to write (not that they are or are not part of the team for my run) is Miss Martian. She's a great character with tons of potential.

Old June 4th, 2010   JT Krul is offline   #20
JT Krul

Would Grace and Raven get along?
ddf
michealdark View Post
Absolutely. I think they could really relate to one another.

Old June 4th, 2010   HushedRuin is offline   #21
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

Any update on when "late 2010" is?

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old June 4th, 2010   Saturn Girl is offline   #22
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

Roy Harper is typically written as a man who has one night stands and casual sex, with a few busted relationships here and there. My question: Does Roy respect women, or does he use them?

Personally, I don't think Roy is a misogynist, but I do think he uses sex to avoid dealing with his problems and to achieve the forbidden thrill he once got from drugs. Cheshire might as well change her name to Opium.

I am the one who knocks.
Old June 4th, 2010   Dr. Jekyl is offline   #23
Dr. Jekyl
Cynical Fangirl

What appeals to you most about comics as a medium?

You mentioned at The Source that you're "eager to get the chance to tell brighter stories that build the team up stronger than ever". What do you tend to think of when you say 'brighter'? And is that mandate to write those stories and stabilize the roster partially a recognition, on behalf of editorial, that the characters from Titans franchises have been, well, put through the wringer a bit too often since One Year Later?

Old June 4th, 2010   Blacula is offline   #24
Blacula
Geoffan

Hi JT! Welcome to the Titans' world!

One question and one request -

Question - Who is your favourite non-Fab Five pre-Wolfman/Perez Titan?

Request - Please don't let DC kill any more Titans. I think I speak for all fans when I saw we're over it.

Old June 4th, 2010   MattDiCarlo is offline   #25
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

I think the book has something of a stigma attached to it right now, for various reasons, none of which anyone's fault necessarily. Do you think that a new #1 would help make you run feel like a new start or do you think it's unnecessary and would just muddy the water? Likewise going back to some sort of cumulative numbering like Wonder Woman, I suppose.

Old June 4th, 2010   White Lighting is offline   #26
White Lighting
CAN RUN SUPER DUPER FAST!

Do you think Damage and Terra II are now together in the afterlife?

How about Gnark and Lilith?
ddf
michealdark View Post
dont forget lilith was with don hall too. maybe thats why don couldnt be raised in blackest night. he didn't want to leave lilith

Been walking around the "neighborhood" a bit, and I like what I see. I think I am going to make a home here on the bloc.
Old June 4th, 2010   DeTroyes is offline   #27
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

Mr. Krul:
How does it feel to be the center of attention for one of the most rabid fandoms in comics?
Last edited by DeTroyes; June 4th, 2010 at 08:35 AM.

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old June 4th, 2010   heffison is offline   #28
heffison
Lapsed Reader

I want to ask "is there any chance we'll see a Teen Titan rip that stupid cowl off of Tim's head?" but instead I'll go with:

Are we likely to see the Teen Titans crowd have any interaction or crossover with the evil Titans before Brightest Day wraps up?

Old June 4th, 2010   hoyatables is offline   #29
hoyatables
Mild-Mannered Attorney

JT - non-Titans related question. I was watching Seinfeld yesterday and noticed a "JT Krul" on the credits for the episode (it was the season finale for Season 7 - "The Invitations"). One of your pre-comics jobs?

Anyway, welcome. I've enjoyed all of your work to date and looking forward to great things in 2010 and beyond!

"Superhero comics aren't about rules. They're about flying." - Mark Waid
Old June 4th, 2010   Double Down is offline   #30
Double Down
Neo Geoffan

Ok, here we go...

Due to the rapid change in writers that the Teen Titans had been going through for a while, there are several major plot points that haven't been touched on lately. I can think of a few off the top of my head, like Miss Martian's evil head-roommate, Wonder Girl's lasso, Brother Blood absorbing Kid Devil's powers, etc.

What's your strategy going in to a book that already has so much baggage built up around it? Will we be seeing many of these touched up on, or will you be trying to clear a path for new stories to be told?

"Yes, Maximilian! VIVE LA REVOLUTION!."
Old June 4th, 2010   White Lighting is offline   #31
White Lighting
CAN RUN SUPER DUPER FAST!

If you could bring one titans character back from the dead who would that be?

Been walking around the "neighborhood" a bit, and I like what I see. I think I am going to make a home here on the bloc.
Old June 4th, 2010   K-DoG7p7 is offline   #32
K-DoG7p7
Neo Geoffan

Three Questions directly related to both Green Arrow and Teen Titans.

Let us all Gather to save out fallen heroes..
Save Green Arrow and Black Canary Updated: 05-25-09