The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old February 2nd, 2010   MattDiCarlo is offline   #1
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

Default Young Justice Cartoon Officially Announced

Here comes the slings and arrows since this comes from Rich, but it's linked from somewhere else. http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/s...Justice-League

Here's the Source: http://stephanielemelin.net/wordpress/?p=282

I find it absolutely hilarious if this is a Young Justice show after Didio has gone at length about how little he liked that book and how they've worked pretty hard to totally stomp it out of the DCU.

But we'll see. Having Arrowette (who on face value is a pretty goofy character) and not Speedy or anyone else would be a good indication though.

Scouring the net, I found a few more things:
http://titanstowermonitor.blogspot.c...velopment.html
http://forums.comicbookresources.com...6#post10463756 (which claim there's a Timm Green Lantern show in development too. If they did the rainbow lanterns in an ALL AGES setting that'd just be amazing. Doubt they'd go that direction though).
Last edited by MattDiCarlo; February 2nd, 2010 at 09:01 AM.

Old February 2nd, 2010   Elsewhere is offline   #2
Elsewhere

Woah. This sounds...actually cool. I know I make the joke that the WB studio has forgotten about any characters that aren't batman or Scooby-Doo...and I'm probably right, but I could work with this.

Old February 2nd, 2010   PyroTwilight is offline   #3
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

Seems they gave Arrowette an outfit more like Green Arrow (Connor). Hmm.

I await Secret and Harm! And of course Mighty Endowed.

Old February 2nd, 2010   SethKane is offline   #4
SethKane
Geoffan

This all could be cool. So hope that GL toon gets done!

All will be... MINE!
Old February 2nd, 2010   MattDiCarlo is offline   #5
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

From what I traced back, it seems like one person with some industry ties mentioned the YJ series, the GL series, and that new Scooby Doo series, and then edited out the mention of the others. That's where this started. (There was a follow up mentioning that the YJ series will see a big roll-out at Comic-Con that was not edited away).

That we've seen some confirmation about YJ makes me think that GL might be happening too. It's a bit early to say though.

Old February 2nd, 2010   Jake1823 is offline   #6
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Rich has an update in the column...

UPDATE: I've been passed the following snippet purporting to be from someone who has seen a poster image for the show

It's Sorta THE Young Justice. They will be going out with this BIG TIME at Comic Con. From what I saw, it's Martian Girl, Aqualad, Nightwing, Impulse, Arrowette, and Connor Kent. The poster gives me the tone that it's a cross between JLU and TT. I liked the look a lot. It's not quite Timm-style, but it's not All Murikami'd out like Teen Titans.

The kids were the focus of the poster, in the center, but The JL was behind them.
ddf

Where is everybody?
Old February 2nd, 2010   MattDiCarlo is offline   #7
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

The biggest question I have right now is who is showrunning/working on it.

Old February 2nd, 2010   Timekeeper is offline   #8
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

It's safe to assume Martian Girl will be called Miss Martian and that Conner will be called Superboy, right?

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old February 2nd, 2010   MattDiCarlo is offline   #9
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

Yes to Miss Martian. No to Superboy. That is anything but safe at this point.

Old February 2nd, 2010   Matches is offline   #10
Matches
stepping aside

Hmm... putting on my conspiracy theorist hat - assuming this rumor is true and they're using Impulse, could that be the reason the Kid Flash ongoing was shelved?

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old February 2nd, 2010   TJLamb0518 is offline   #11
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Hmm... putting on my conspiracy theorist hat - assuming this rumor is true and they're using Impulse, could that be the reason the Kid Flash ongoing was shelved?
ddf
Matches View Post
Sure, why not?

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old February 2nd, 2010   MattDiCarlo is offline   #12
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

I think that's a real stretch. Though it's hard to say in the "new" DC (that looks just like the old DC so far). There's never been that level of synergy.

Old February 2nd, 2010   Human Bong is offline   #13
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

Has Didio really stated on record that he hated Young Justice, or is just editorially the way he handled YJ's end with Graduation Day and everything? I figured he didn't hate Young Justice, he just wanted to move the marquee name characters from that group into the new Titans teams, which after that, there wouldn't be anymore need for Young Justice. Keep in mind I was a huge YJ fan, but I never took it to mean he didn't like the book. I see it being possible though.

Oh and this show sounds like a lot of fun. My only beef is that they're using Nightwing, I'd prefer Robin, specifically Tim, since it's Young Justice inspired. And I'm a little curious if I can enjoy a straightforward superhero cartoon anymore because Batman BatB has been so much fun.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old February 2nd, 2010   MattDiCarlo is offline   #14
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

It's hardly a definitive thing as best as I remember but I tend to believe it from various things I've heard him say and do over the years. There are certain signs here or there if you look for them.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2006/07/24...-vs-dan-didio/

Old February 2nd, 2010   Timekeeper is offline   #15
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

Yes to Miss Martian. No to Superboy. That is anything but safe at this point.
ddf
MattDiCarlo View Post
Why wouldn't he be? DC owns the trademark to the name, the name itself was never in legal dispute. It was the concept of Clark Kent as a boy being Superboy (hence why Smallville never once even mentioned the name in passing). However those legal issues appear to have been cleared up (see Adventure Comics and Superman: Secret Origin).

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old February 2nd, 2010   Human Bong is offline   #16
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

It's hardly a definitive thing as best as I remember but I tend to believe it from various things I've heard him say and do over the years. There are certain signs here or there if you look for them.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2006/07/24...-vs-dan-didio/
ddf
MattDiCarlo View Post
Oh, I forgot about the PAD vs Didio thing. Nice little he said and then he said in reply article. I literally agree with each of them, at least it comes to Slobo, they each make valid points.
If anything, maybe Didio's opinion has changed, we do have books like Metal Men and Tiny Titans out there.
And if anything else, I could see Didio's problem being more with PAD than the actual characters or book. I love PAD and all his comics, but he does seem to grate some editors and writers the wrong way sometimes.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!