The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old March 1st, 2007   NICKD is offline   #1
NICKD
Septagon Studios Inc

Default Septagon Studios Featured on About.Com

Septagon Studios gets a comic book publisher profile on About.Com.

Septagon Studios Inc has just recently been featured on About.Com. Writer Aaron Albert has spotlighted Septagon Studios Inc, with a great publisher profile.

Septagon Studios is a relatively new partnership that is springing out of Canada into mainland America. They describe themselves as an author centric publishing house, focusing more on the creators and allowing them to put forth quality content. Read more about Septagon Studios from president and founder Nick Defina.

About.com Today

According to Nielsen NetRatings, About.com is a top 10 Web property used by one out of every five people on the Internet. It holds a valued role in the lives of more than 29 million opinion leaders as a preferred source of original consumer information and advice. The success of About.com centers around our unique Guide System that features 24 content channels and promotes original content from more than 500 topical advisors or "Guides." The Guides are the heart and soul of the About.com experience, sharing their passions across 57,000+ topics and offering actionable information and advice that is always useful, practical and personally relevant. Our robust library, with over 1.2 million pieces of original content, represents one of the largest of its kind on the Web today.

About.com has unparalleled reach and an extensive viewership that connects to more women than iVillage.com, more men than ESPN.com and more teens than MTV.com. Together, the practical solutions offered on About.com generate millions of page views.

Visit our profile at:
http://comicbooks.about.com/od/comic...tagonprofile.h
tm

About Septagon Studios
www.septagonstudios.com

Septagon Studios Inc. is a publishing company founded in early 2003 by company President and C.E.O Nicola Defina with his two cousins, Philip Defina (Vice President and Art Director) and Domenic Defina (Art Consultant). Septagon Studios has carefully positioned itself to occupy a historic place in the industry, and combining comic book publishing with creator services is just the start.

Septagon Studios Inc.
•Imagination. Creativity. Unleashed.
•For readers. For creators. For everyone.

Nick Defina
President
Septagon Studios Inc
http://www.septagonstudios.com
Old March 1st, 2007   starks is offline   #2
starks
Geoffan

You seriously need to get a decent Web site.

Old March 1st, 2007   NICKD is offline   #3
NICKD
Septagon Studios Inc

Sorry the link is

http://comicbooks.about.com/od/comic...gonprofile.htm

Nick Defina
President
Septagon Studios Inc
Old March 1st, 2007   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #4
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

ddf
starks View Post
would you mind explaining why this is?

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

X-Box Live : Scion of Mogo
PSN : Scion_of_Mogo
Steam : Scion_of_Mogo
Old March 1st, 2007   Jeffrey Neary is offline   #5
Jeffrey Neary
I love it!!!

I think the current website works just fine.

Congrats on the About.com listing.

You ought to stop making assumptions and thinking the worst about people you don't know, and situations you aren't in a position to understand

-EVS
Old March 1st, 2007   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #6
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

I think the current website works just fine.

Congrats on the About.com listing.
ddf
Jeffrey Neary View Post
Yeah it's cool seeing that most definitely....like some kind of magical potato.......OF DOOM!!!

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

Old March 1st, 2007   cookavich is offline   #7
cookavich
404Error Horseman

ddf
starks View Post
I think that was seriously uncalled for.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old March 1st, 2007   starks is offline   #8
starks
Geoffan

would you mind explaining why this is?
ddf
Chris Hansbrough View Post
Sure, first there's too much white space on your home page for a Web site. And if you're a studio, for a comicbook company, you should have something more to entice a reader than what you got.

Second, four of the tabs on your front page have nothing. One of those four doesn't even work. If you click on a tab, and all you have is a "home" link for the page, then you shouldn't have that tab.

The first tab you come to, "About Us," is one of them. That was your first tab guys. Why would anyone even bother with the rest? Think about it.

Your site is incomplete and the overall design needs work.
Frankly, with all of the problems, you shouldn't even post about it. It's not a good reflection of your studio and whatever work you may do.

Old March 1st, 2007   Disillusioned_Spirit is offline   #9
Disillusioned_Spirit
Loving Mighty Avengers

The site looks good to me I personally have no problems with it.

I need some cake
Old March 2nd, 2007   NICKD is offline   #10
NICKD
Septagon Studios Inc

We have had no problems with the site overall. The content is their you actually have to give it about a couple of seconds for the page to load.

Everyone has their opinions which is perfectly fine.

I do appreciate you at least looking at the site.

Nick Defina
President
Septagon Studios Inc
Old March 3rd, 2007   starks is offline   #11
starks
Geoffan

You should go look and test your site again. Really. If you're actually happy with that, man, I don't know what that says about the future of your studio/company.

Old March 3rd, 2007   Leonard Kirk is offline   #12
Leonard Kirk
RESIDENT OFFICE BIMBO!!

Sure, first there's too much white space on your home page for a Web site. And if you're a studio, for a comicbook company, you should have something more to entice a reader than what you got.
ddf
starks View Post
I agree that the white space makes some of the pages look a little incomplete. However, this could be a formatting problem, rather than design. You will notice that the "news" page fills that white space on the right side with links.

As for the "enticement" factor, that's a matter of personal preference. What is enticing for one person will not be so for another. Frankly, I like the fact that the pages are designed in a fairly simple fashion with little flourish. Some websites are just overloaded with eye candy.

Second, four of the tabs on your front page have nothing. One of those four doesn't even work. If you click on a tab, and all you have is a "home" link for the page, then you shouldn't have that tab.

The first tab you come to, "About Us," is one of them. That was your first tab guys. Why would anyone even bother with the rest? Think about it.
ddf
starks View Post
Six of the seven tabs worked just fine for me. The only one that did not bring up anything new was the "shop" tab. I presume that this is either an improperly linked page or, perhaps, Septagon's online store isn't quite ready for business. If the latter is true, I would suggest a simple linked page with the words "UNDER CONSTRUCTION". Not very imaginative but at least the tab will look like less of an oversight.

Your site is incomplete and the overall design needs work.
Frankly, with all of the problems, you shouldn't even post about it. It's not a good reflection of your studio and whatever work you may do.
ddf
starks View Post
Incomplete, possibly. Of course, that depends on your definition of "incomplete". Are you referring to the amount of actual content or would you simply prefer to see the backgrounds extended to fill the white space?

Again, the design is a matter of personal preference. I don't see a problem with it. And, as the design is a matter of personal preference, so is the assessment as to its worth as a representation and reflection of the studio.

You should go look and test your site again.
ddf
starks View Post
I would suggest checking your browser. I'm still using Safari 1.2.1 with no updates since 2004 and a dial-up internet connection. However, as I stated, the tabs and links worked just fine for me.

Really. If you're actually happy with that, man, I don't know what that says about the future of your studio/company.
ddf
starks View Post
There is no need to be snippy and abrasive. If they are happy with their website then that's that. If it doesn't work for you, so be it.

Rather than question their personal tastes and bemoan the future of their studio, you could just say, "I don't like it."

REMEMBER!! SCIENTOLOGISTS EAT KITTENS!!

For additional revelations, read my stupendous blog---> http://leonardkirk.comicbloc.com/

DO IT NOW!!
Old March 3rd, 2007   Jim Beard is offline   #13
Jim Beard
Batman '66 Lives!

Congrats, Nick. Onward and upward!

Jim

Old March 3rd, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #14
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Congrats, Nick!

Where is everybody?
Old March 3rd, 2007   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #15
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

Congrats, Nick. Onward and upward!

Jim
ddf
Jim Beard View Post
that's the goal my bearded friend.

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

Old March 3rd, 2007   Sharis the Bunny is offline   #16
Sharis the Bunny
Hare today...

Excellent news, Nick! Hearty congrats!

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.