The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old July 6th, 2006   HushedRuin is offline   #1
HushedRuin
of Positive Island.

Default Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

sOURCE: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...06/story.jhtml

Now that Superman has returned, what menace will he battle next? That's the big question in Hollywood this week, and since Brandon Routh was discovered in casting sessions for a once-planned "Batman vs. Superman" flick, rumors of the blockbuster smackdown have been resurrected. "I was at a party recently; Hugh Jackman had a benefit at his house," "Superman Returns" director Bryan Singer said. "I went there, and Christian Bale was there, and I suddenly felt like Brandon should be there too. I had all these superheroes around me." Routh added that while he enjoyed sparring verbally with "Batman" star Bale recently at the MTV Movie Awards, he'd prefer to see the two heroes work together. "I don't think we should go toe-to-toe, unless one of us is deranged somehow by some mind-altering drug," he laughed. "We shouldn't be fighting each other; we should be combining forces." Singer said he'd consider directing a "Batman vs. Superman" flick, but only after the Man of Steel establishes his identity a bit more thoroughly. "I've thought about it for a long time — even a longer time ago, actually," the director revealed. "But I don't know who would be the villain. I guess Batman would be the villain, but then he can't be too bad, because he is Batman. So not quite yet. ... I think Superman needs to have his own movies for a little while before that happens." Either way, Singer insisted that "everybody's excited to do more ... and I'm sure we'll do another one." And Routh had this word of warning for Bale: "I don't think Batman really, really wants to go and mess with Superman." ...
ddf

half of The Infosiders with Arcademan...

oWt 4 LIFE.
Old July 6th, 2006   Mighty ISIS is offline   #2
Mighty ISIS
Advanced Geoffan

I think it would be great if the two characters could be in the same flick. As long as they are not against one another. There should be a villian behind it.

Lets put the FUN back into dysFUNction! :)
Old July 6th, 2006   WARRIOR is offline   #3
WARRIOR
Deactivated

Nice.

They should both finish their respective trilogies and then top 'em off with this flick.

Old July 6th, 2006   holo2 is offline   #4
holo2
Advanced Geoffan

I agrre completely!

"You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"
Old July 6th, 2006   JRCarter is offline   #5
JRCarter
Advanced Geoffan

You wanna know how to do a Batman/Superman movie?

Only live-action.

Old July 6th, 2006   CapeandCowl is offline   #6
CapeandCowl
Gad Fly

I say let them go toe to toe like Hush or DKR, and enough of this hands across the DCU stuff!

Old July 6th, 2006   Ben Hastie is offline   #7
Ben Hastie
Mild mannered reporter.

Default I wish it would happen but.......

This would be really cool.But....

Before Batman begins; begun.A superman Vs batman movie was proposed.

It was supposed to be about an aging Batman Vs Supes

It was rumored to be a screen version of Dark night returns. I heard that they wanted clint Eastwood as Superman or batman

This was going to be a stylized version of the DC characters.
The spiderman movie showed that punters were keen to go to the movies to see a mainstream representation of Comic characters.
So DC scrapped the Art-house batman vs superman idea in exchange for movies about Batman and Superman individually; that would appeal more to joe public.

I personally would love to see a JLA or AVENGERS movie but it probably won't happen unless lawyers get less agressive and special effects become cheaper.

we can only hope to see true comic team-up action on the big screen someday.

Old July 7th, 2006   Dokhou is offline   #8
Dokhou
Advanced Geoffan

Get it done now before both actors are too expensive after the success of their sequals!

But hey, thats just my opinion..

Hawkeye is back!
Old July 7th, 2006   DarqueGuy is offline   #9
DarqueGuy
Advanced Geoffan

Forget Superman--I wanna see Bale vs. Spacey!

Vote for my comic "Mr. Trildok Sings the Blues' all through April! www.zudacomics.com
Old July 7th, 2006   TheTen-EyedMan is offline   #10
TheTen-EyedMan

Forget Superman--I wanna see Bale vs. Spacey!
ddf
DarqueGuy

Patrick Bateman Vs Keyer Soze.

Wacky idea.

Visit the Cave for all manner of pop culture related shopping.

www.cavecc.com
Old July 7th, 2006   Red_Hood is offline   #11
Red_Hood
Geoffan

Id rather a Superman/Batman flick than a Superman vs Batman. But definately not with Bale and Routh. I always had in mind that Clark was a bit older than Bruce.

Old July 7th, 2006   Plastic Afro is offline   #12
Plastic Afro

Should be World's Finest

Old July 8th, 2006   mego joe is offline   #13
mego joe
Geoffan

I think an adaptation of Superman/Batman: Absolute Power would be awsome. The guest appearance by the Legion at the end would be too cool, and just imagine the montage shot with the Death of Supergirl from COIE. The story is very strong and so much fun and gives a real depth to the characters and their friendship. It also allows for brief origin recaps so it will be able to stand completely on its own.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old July 8th, 2006   Lord malvolio is offline   #14
Lord malvolio
Jordan Fan Extreme

I say this will work for a III sequel for each. Let them make one more Bats and one more Supes film and wrap up both movies with a Worlds Finest.

Visit emerald dawn dot com for all your GL needs!

"Geoff has taken the lemon and made lemonade." in reference to Emerald Twilight and Rebirth
Old July 8th, 2006   Superman Prime is offline   #15
Superman Prime
Sexual Chocolate

Screw all this Batman vs Superman crap. These Hollywood fanboys need to get off this Frank Miller trash.

“Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear…until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share— I’ll never stop fighting. Ever.”[br]-- Superman, Action Comics #775
Old July 8th, 2006   John Hays is offline   #16
John Hays
Lovin life!

Screw all this Batman vs Superman crap. These Hollywood fanboys need to get off this Frank Miller trash.
ddf
Superman Prime
Since when would Superman/Batman have to be done by Frank Miller?

"What we've got here is ... failure to communicate." - Cool Hand Luke

3 time consecutive Comicbloc College Basketball Tournament Champion!