The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old November 16th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #1
Amentep

Default The Ultimates (the new Marvel U one)

I liked this issue. I think the mix of characters may work better to Ewing's big ideas and Rocafort's art works well.

I liked the subversion of expectations at the end as well.

Old December 2nd, 2015   PyroTwilight is offline   #2
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

Yep. Defintely a lot of fun in this opening issue.

I'm interested in seeing how America relates to the rest of the team. She's pretty powerful in her own right but she's also the only teen on the team.

I'm especially interested since the Avengers #0 issue implied she joined the team to watch it in case they did anything crazy.

I am interested in seeing how the team "deals" with Galactus in any long lasting way.

I was surprised by Spectrum's line about America saying she moves at lightspeed too. Makes me wonder how that works.

Old January 7th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #3
Amentep

I thought the second issue was fun. For certain I don't think we've just seen a new status quo for Galactus, but I still liked it.

Old January 25th, 2016   PyroTwilight is offline   #4
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

3 issues in and nearing the 4th.

I have to admit I can't ever say I don't love Ewing's writing. He's great.

And I was amused at the return of Blue Marvel's enemy. Part of me hopes Ewing figures out a way to bring his wife back too as I always thought killing her off in the introduction mini felt unncessary.

Also loved Gladiator and the Imperial Guard's part here.

Old January 25th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #5
Amentep

Yeah I just read the third issue and agree, it's been interesting. Hadn't read the Blue Marvel mini- but with some other Blue Marvel appearances was able to work things out.

And agreed on Gladiator/Imperial Guard - it was nice that there was SOME reaction to what the team did in issue 1 & 2.