The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old June 3rd, 2014   TJLamb0518 is offline   #49
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Well there's not much you can do about company machinizations; FWIW though I haven't really been grabbed by Robinson's book as much as I thought I'd be. It's not bad, but it hasn't really broken out and distinguished itself.

It probably doesn't help that "team breaks up" is one of my least favorite stories, just behind "superhero loses his superpowers".
ddf
Amentep View Post
THANK you! This book has been a loaded toilet in my book. The new uniforms stink on ice, the "Johnny is a rock star" thing is stupid (remember when they did the Marvel Knights title and Johnny was actually a responsible person who wanted to join the fire department as his powers were so well suited? THAT was growth. This is....silliness) and the whole lawsuit/team strife thing is stale.

So disappointing. I now see why people complained about Robinson on Justice League.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old June 3rd, 2014   Amentep is offline   #50
Amentep

I've thought his Invaders has been much better.

I'm about ready to call it a day on his Fantastic Four (probably already would have but I really enjoy Leonard Kirk's art).

Old June 3rd, 2014   darthlucifuge is offline   #51
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

Ugh, don't buy into any of this.

Tom Brevoort addressed this on his Formspring.

Is Marvel really cancelling Fantastic Four and not putting them in their 75th anniversary?

Plenty of questions about this, many belligerent ones mostly from anonymous posters.

So let me reiterate: Im going to give priority to answering questions that come from an account with a name. And the belligerent questions just get trashed either way.

Anyway, theres a lot of fear and crazy going on out in the world as people jump to conclusions and work themselves up into a lather. It was a good weekend for those that profit from such things, I expect.

We are publishing FANTASTIC FOUR. Next month, we will be publishing FANTASTIC FOUR. A year from now, assuming that its still selling well, we will be publishing FANTASTIC FOUR. Given enough time, anything can happenwe went a couple of years, for example, without a THOR series, as well as a year and a half with FF, AVENGERS, CAP and IRON MAN not being a part of the Marvel Universe. So anything can happen. But it probably wont.

And for the couple of folks who punctuated their complaints by saying that they were dropping all of their Marvel books, and switching over to DCwell, first off, you must think that Im a very simple man. But you can, as always, do with your time and money as you will. I will point out that if the purpose of your endeavor is to insure the continuation of FANTASTIC FOUR, then perhaps buying MORE FANTASTIC FOUR would be in better service to that goal than buying less. Just a thought.

Oh, and James Robinson sent me notes for the 75th Anniversary Special story that he is doing this morning. And as youd expect, the Fantastic Four are at the core of it.
ddf
There's also this. Hey look Fox characters.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old June 3rd, 2014   Amentep is offline   #52
Amentep

Ugh, don't buy into any of this.
ddf
darthlucifuge View Post
I'm not (although Bleeding Cool has tried to dissect Brevoort's statements and show how they give wiggle room).

Old June 3rd, 2014   darthlucifuge is offline   #53
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

I'm not (although Bleeding Cool has tried to dissect Brevoort's statements and show how they give wiggle room).
ddf
Amentep View Post
Rich is a real piece of work.
I was talking to him on CBR and every time I would counter one of his "arguments" he'd shoot back with WAIT AND SEE TOMORROW!

which was pretty much just more op-ed and speculation based on toy and trading card merch rights.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old June 3rd, 2014   Amentep is offline   #54
Amentep

The toy merchandise for the X-franchise has been shrinking...at least since First Class from what I can tell. Not sure it says much other than big movies selling toys isn't a science.

So far the circumstantial evidence is thin and there is no other kind in the story. Could it be true? Sure. More than likely going by the evidence so far its not, from what I can tell.

Old June 3rd, 2014   darthlucifuge is offline   #55
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

The toy merchandise for the X-franchise has been shrinking...at least since First Class from what I can tell. Not sure it says much other than big movies selling toys isn't a science.

So far the circumstantial evidence is thin and there is no other kind in the story. Could it be true? Sure. More than likely going by the evidence so far its not, from what I can tell.
ddf
Amentep View Post
Basically THIS and the whole thing smells of Rich just trying to stir the pot and get page views.

Old June 3rd, 2014   TJLamb0518 is offline   #56
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Rich is a real piece of work.
ddf
darthlucifuge View Post
Huh...look at that, I learned a new foreign word. Who know in darth's native tongue, they called "excrement" "work"?

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old June 3rd, 2014   darthlucifuge is offline   #57
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

Huh...look at that, I learned a new foreign word. Who know in darth's native tongue, they called "excrement" "work"?
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
Well now you know what I mean when I say have to work.
EH hehehehe.

Old June 5th, 2014   RichJohnston is offline   #58
RichJohnston

ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
Charming.

Old June 5th, 2014   RichJohnston is offline   #59
RichJohnston

Basically THIS and the whole thing smells of Rich just trying to stir the pot and get page views.
ddf
darthlucifuge View Post
No, this is Marvel sources coming to me with the original story and having subsequent pieces of evidence that seem to support it.

Old June 5th, 2014   Scott Mateo is offline   #60
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

No, this is Marvel sources coming to me with the original story and having subsequent pieces of evidence that seem to support it.
ddf
RichJohnston View Post
I've seen this floating around the internet so yeah, I believe it.

Letter to Marvel artists

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old June 5th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #61
Amentep

I'm going to assume that is the letter to artists on the cards that Bleeding Cool posted. Its interesting evidence, to some degree; however not knowing how the merchandising contract between Fox / Marvel is, it could also be a case of Fox exercising their rights to exclusing FF merchandise for their film.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence, yeah. I'm not sure it all adds up (again, like the toy thing - the toys on the X-Men films have been slowing down since at least First Class). And it would be a strange move for certain (although not necessarily one out of the realm of possiblity).

Old June 6th, 2014   WeirdoLegionnaire is offline   #62
WeirdoLegionnaire
Yeah, that's the ticket!

It's a ton of evidence, but none of it's an official smoking gun. It still is definitely in the realm of possibility - now that Marvel's owned by Disney, they could afford to spite a competitor and are possibly even being encouraged to do so.

I'm gonna be watching this story closely since it sets a scary precedent.

Old June 6th, 2014   darthlucifuge is offline   #63
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

ddf
RichJohnston View Post
Yes Rich, I know. You said the same thing to me on CBR.
Alvarez in case you're wondering.

Old June 6th, 2014   jafabian is offline   #64
jafabian
Im not dead.

ddf
RichJohnston View Post
Yes Rich, I know. You said the same thing to me on CBR.
Alvarez in case you're wondering.
ddf
darthlucifuge View Post

Let's move on from here gentlemen.