The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old August 21st, 2011   curiouswanderer is offline   #17
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

Didn't Brett get his start long before Turner? While I'm not totally against Brett's work and think he should be pretty good on the title, I do prefer Nicola's art (but hopefully she's getting a good gig out of this too.)

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old August 22nd, 2011   michealdark is offline   #18
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

I have nothing against Brett. I actually don't mind his art. I'm just pointing out his style is very similar to another artist's style. I thought pre-return from injury Churchill had a very Turner-esque style too, and I thought Turn had a very "Silvestri if Silvestri drew happy shiny books" style.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old August 22nd, 2011   Timekeeper is offline   #19
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

The art for the covers of #2 and #3 are, in my opinion, far more impressive than the cover for #1.

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old August 22nd, 2011   heffison is offline   #20
heffison
Lapsed Reader

I think that, unfortunately, a preview image Booth drew for the reblaunched Teen Titans came out, and that gave a poor and less-than-accurate impression of what he would be doing with the redesigns. What we've seen since has been a lot more encouraging.

While Scott has been my favorite TT artist so far, I don't see Booth as a step down at all, just a step in a different direction. I'll likely not end up not getting the nU book, but it certainly won't be because of the artwork.

Old August 22nd, 2011   michealdark is offline   #21
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Perez is still the kind of Titans artists to me, BUT Booth's style seems like it will work good for the current direction, in much the same way McKone and Daniel did when they did their parts of Geoff's run.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old August 22nd, 2011   Timekeeper is offline   #22
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

I think that, unfortunately, a preview image Booth drew for the reblaunched Teen Titans came out, and that gave a poor and less-than-accurate impression of what he would be doing with the redesigns. What we've seen since has been a lot more encouraging.
ddf
heffison View Post
Both the preview image and the very similar cover for #1 left a bad taste in my mouth. Everything about the covers for #2 and #3 looks polished, neater, and just more indicative of the interior art (judging by the preview pages).

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old August 23rd, 2011   soyblitz is offline   #23
soyblitz

Both the preview image and the very similar cover for #1 left a bad taste in my mouth. Everything about the covers for #2 and #3 looks polished, neater, and just more indicative of the interior art (judging by the preview pages).
ddf
Timekeeper View Post
I think the No. 1 cover was a little bit rushed to have something to show once the reboot was anounced. My guess is that the artist and creative team weren't even sure what costumes to give to the Titans (Young Justice) so they'll start to polish the artwork as they move on.

"Fear makes the wolf seem bigger" Val Armorr

Did SBP move Earth Prime out of orbit? Who else?