The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old March 18th, 2011   Craig M.D. is offline   #49
Craig M.D.
Geoffan

It would look better if the boots were red and the pants were black instead of them being shiny blue.

Old March 18th, 2011   Scott Mateo is offline   #50
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

I guess it's a step in the right direction, but man, that mole in between her eyes still sticks out to me.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old March 18th, 2011   curiouswanderer is offline   #51
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

I had never noticed the mole before. Probably wasn't looking her in the eyes...my bad.
I think it's alright, could have been much worse.
The not so great:
The blue boots
the "W" on the boots...why?
The belt...I actually like the nu-diana belt, but this one is just kind of tacky. I'm hoping that along with the breast plate, when the show actually airs, it's more metallic.
what's with the stars on the eagle and the belt? I can deal with the star on the belt, but the one on the eagle needs to go.

the good:
the top over-all, much better than I had expected.
the lasso...actually has weight to it.
the over all design to the breast plate.
The pants have stars. I'm sorry, but in my opinion Wonder Woman needs stars.
The bracelets. I actually really like them.
I'm basically ok with the over all design, just needs some tweaks.

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old March 18th, 2011   ADGood is offline   #52
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

I guess it's a step in the right direction, but man, that mole in between her eyes still sticks out to me.
ddf
Scott Mateo View Post
I didn't notice the mole either, having been momentarily blinded by the shiny plastic Amazon battle armor. It's not that she doesn't look good; she does. It's just...just...well, let me put it this way: You know how they have those advertisements for Halloween costumes, and there's a section somewhere between the, "slutty nurse," costume and the, "slutty vampire," costume, that features reasonably attractive young women wearing shiny, plasticized knockoff versions of various superheroine outfits? ...This looks like it came out of one of those.

Is it really that difficult to make the parts that are supposed to be metallic look like actual metal, instead of plastic? ...No, that wasn't rhetorical; I was actually asking. Does anyone know? Because for all I know, maybe it is. And while I am perfectly happy to spend my time looking at the one general region that, thankfully, doesn't look like it's made of plastic, it requires that I ignore the "costume" part of that photo entirely.

Old March 19th, 2011   thunderdude is offline   #53
thunderdude
Prince of Pizza!

The only good thing about this costume is that they lost NuDiana's Kelly Bundy style jacket. WW should not have bright blue boots. You know, I was really hoping there was some way Serinda Swan could have gotten this role but now I'm glad she won't have to wear this ugly costume.

I love it when a plan comes together in the Multiverse!
Old March 19th, 2011   DaVeO is offline   #54
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

It's a good start. I highly doubt this is the final version though. Make the boots red, cut off the heels, change the fabric of the pants to reduce the shine (though lighting will help) and make the pants a darker blue.

My 2 cents.

Where ever you go, there you are.
Old March 19th, 2011   Capt America1941 is offline   #55
Capt America1941
Advanced Geoffan

It could have been worse!

fight the power !!!!! don't register!!!
Old March 19th, 2011   SageShinigami is offline   #56
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

I didn't notice the mole either, having been momentarily blinded by the shiny plastic Amazon battle armor. It's not that she doesn't look good; she does. It's just...just...well, let me put it this way: You know how they have those advertisements for Halloween costumes, and there's a section somewhere between the, "slutty nurse," costume and the, "slutty vampire," costume, that features reasonably attractive young women wearing shiny, plasticized knockoff versions of various superheroine outfits? ...This looks like it came out of one of those.
ddf
ADGood View Post
So it's NOT just me! I knew it. Still, methinks a far bigger problem is that I've been to less comic-y forums...and people like it. Which is fine...if the suit just becomes less shiny.

Sidenote: ...The MOLE is what you're looking at? Really?

Old March 19th, 2011   Jake1823 is offline   #57
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Man, I was really hoping for a costume change. Just don't think this costume could translate well to live action...and it doesn't. YMMV, though.

Where is everybody?
Old March 20th, 2011   Simon DelMonte is offline   #58
Simon DelMonte
Diehard DCU & Mets Fan

It's Adrienne Palicki in a WW costume. It looks very nice, but it doesn't look like something that would make me say "this is Wonder Woman."

Simon DelMonte
Old March 20th, 2011   carmine007 is offline   #59
carmine007
Advanced Geoffan

not a bad costume but ya, the blue plants are too shiny and BLUE boots too?!?! what the!!!

Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions
Old March 20th, 2011   Voxmaster is offline   #60
Voxmaster

oh my...that is the UGLIEST costume I have seen and it actually scares me away! She looks like she is a campy prostitute like from Dark Knight Returns book by Frank Miller! Frank Miller must have love her! EWWWWWWWW

Look at Xena! She is far better than that! Director/Producer, take a look at her! and they have been a success for more than 7 years!

Old March 20th, 2011   5andman is offline   #61
5andman
Master Geoffan

I don't think NBC or Dave Kelley cares ...

I can't see the show aimed at 18-45 Male demo. It's aimed at a Desperate Housewives/Sex in the City/DWTS/Bachelor audience.

Old March 20th, 2011   manwithnoname is offline   #62
manwithnoname
Doom reigns supreme!

I don't think NBC or Dave Kelley cares ...

I can't see the show aimed at 18-45 Male demo. It's aimed at a Desperate Housewives/Sex in the City/DWTS/Bachelor audience.
ddf
5andman View Post
I don't watch any of those shows.

Oh, well...guess I'll wait and see when the show actually comes out. I'm open to the WW tv show, though. I hope it does extraordinarily well and surpasses everyone's (including me) expectations.

Old March 21st, 2011   datalore is offline   #63
datalore
Advanced Geoffan

I like it....other than the boots should be red.

Funny thing is, I saw other pictures of her (not in this uniform) and thought she's cute, but no Wonder Woman.

And now, I DO think she pulls off (a) Wonder Woman....but wouldn't recognize her....AS her.

With all things, the promo pictures won't exactly match what it will look like on camera.

http://www.saac-mcr.com/main/myford/ "Anyone who has said words can't hurt you...has never been hit by a dictionary!"
Old March 21st, 2011   datalore is offline   #64
datalore
Advanced Geoffan

The only good thing about this costume is that they lost NuDiana's Kelly Bundy style jacket. WW should not have bright blue boots. You know, I was really hoping there was some way Serinda Swan could have gotten this role but now I'm glad she won't have to wear this ugly costume.
ddf
thunderdude View Post

But she's Zatanna...(and, wouldn't mind Serinda in SOME Wonder Woman outfit...as she'll be a civilian in Suicide Sq...err, Breakout Kings.)

http://www.saac-mcr.com/main/myford/ "Anyone who has said words can't hurt you...has never been hit by a dictionary!"