Default Ion at newarama

well sounds pretty interesting to me
oh hi everyone first post

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...threadid=55814

Old January 16th, 2006   Jeffrey Neary is offline   #2
Jeffrey Neary
I love it!!!

Some interesting quotes from the article:

"A distraught Kyle Rayner has emerged one year later, transformed with abilities that may surpass those of any Green Lantern ever. So beware his power, because his might may not be on the side of right."
ddf
Eddie's editing Infinite Crisis, so I think it's fair to say he's pretty used to coordinating between offices. I should also point out that Peter was the editor on my last Green Lantern arc, so we've worked together as well. It's not going to be a problem to coordinate between Ion and the other two Green Lantern books.
ddf
As far as I'm concerned, he's still an official Green Lantern. When everything's sorted out, he might even be considered more than an official Green Lantern.
ddf

You ought to stop making assumptions and thinking the worst about people you don't know, and situations you aren't in a position to understand

-EVS
Old January 16th, 2006   ConnorFan is offline   #3
ConnorFan
aka Alex Violette

First post bringing news of Ion... I have a feeling you will do very well here, welcome aboard! cheers

Old January 16th, 2006   toetap is offline   #4
toetap
Neo Geoffan

cheers buddy , just came on checked newsarama and bang, there it was!!
I think Ion's gotta be worth a look
the issue blurb alone makes me wanna take a peek
"A distraught Kyle Rayner has emerged one year later, transformed with abilities that may surpass those of any Green Lantern ever. So beware his power, because his might may not be on the side of right."
ddf
but can't help but wonder if there's gonna be any Peter David's Captain Marvel comparissons, dunno why just get that feeling

Old January 16th, 2006   Hol is offline   #5
Hol
persona non grata

Cool interview. Really looking foward to this series. Man, between this series and the other two GL ones this truly is the best time ever to be a GL fan. Great stuff. Can't wait to see what Ron has in store for us.

Heres hoping some of the OYL titles will suck because my wallet can't deal with much more of this. lol.

Old January 16th, 2006   handsomish is offline   #6
handsomish
I like hubcaps!

SPECULATION:
SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Who dies and grants their power to Kyle? All clues point to Captain Comet, but would they be so audacious to kill Alan Scott? That would truly be a stunner! And come one, it's been a while since a GL has died. What's a crisis without a few dead GLs?

Old January 16th, 2006   Ion_flux is offline   #7
Ion_flux
Joey Lombardi

Think Kyle may end up getting the powers of Gaurdian?

Joey Lombardi
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ~ Hunter S. Thompson
Old January 16th, 2006   krhorneman is offline   #8
krhorneman
Advanced Geoffan

Actually, the solicit about a distraught Kyle got me to thinking, too. I don't think Captain Comet dying would make Kyle distraught, even though he'd be upset. Plus I don't think DC has dusted him off just to die, and further, how would his death help power up Kyle? As far as Alan, I think it's pretty clear from the March solicits that he's not going to kick it. However, there's one other person on the space mission whose death would really tear Kyle up and whose powers are tied closely enough to the GL legacy that they might power him up. In addition, there is a noticeable absence from the silhouettes on the Outsiders solicit.

Old January 16th, 2006   Voltage is offline   #9
Voltage
Geoffan

awsome interveiw, And the picture has a lot better clarity.. and am I the only person who thinks that it would be very cool if Kyle were just a little evil???

Old January 16th, 2006   krhorneman is offline   #10
krhorneman
Advanced Geoffan

Oh yeah, I forgot my comments on the cover. The better clarity makes it a lot better looking. Did you notice that John is in the lower left, and Guy is in the lower right? I thought that one star in the lower right looked like a ring all along, but could only tell it was Guy's with the better copy.

Old January 16th, 2006   Justice dp is offline   #11
Justice dp

First of all, this version of the ION cover looks so much better than the one released yesterday. The colours match up better and you can make out much more details.

And the interview itself is quite a nice tease, but it looks like Kyle won't be ION before OYL and evolving into ION during the first storyarc? And the teases certainly lead to the conclusion that somehow the powers he posses will be within him and not from an external source and that Kyle spends 52 on Earth?

Old January 16th, 2006   toetap is offline   #12
toetap
Neo Geoffan

mind there is one guy i expected to see on the cover and he's missing
Kilowog- i mean the rest of em are there but no Kilowog

Old January 16th, 2006   ConnorFan is offline   #13
ConnorFan
aka Alex Violette

My guess is that Kyle is given Captain Comet's telepathy and he struggles to use it in that he keeps making judgements off the thoughts he hears of others. I think it would kinda be like giving Kyle the sparknotes to every situation, sure they might get you though a quiz but a serious test will be alot of trouble. It would be just enough power to make it questionable whether or not he is more powerful then a regular GL and just enough to get him into serious trouble but not enough to make him too god like, and it would harken back to Ion 1 and how he learned how to read minds.

Old January 16th, 2006   Lundonj is offline   #14
Lundonj
Haggard Horseman

Cool interview. Really looking foward to this series. Man, between this series and the other two GL ones this truly is the best time ever to be a GL fan. Great stuff. Can't wait to see what Ron has in store for us.
ddf
Keith Tarnowski

Agreed!

I'm still iffy on the mask or energy covering up the face there, but it doesn't deter any of my interest in the story.

-Don

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. -- George Carlin
Old January 16th, 2006   StarmanVII is offline   #15
StarmanVII
Advanced Geoffan

Isn't this overkill on Green Lantern titles?

"The Life which is unexamined, is not worth living." - Plato(427BC-347BC)
Old January 16th, 2006   toetap is offline   #16
toetap
Neo Geoffan

that's what i was getting at mentioning the Captain Mar-vel thing, when he fully used his cosmic awareness it drove him off the deep end, knowing outcomes before they happened etc