The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old October 7th, 2014   Scott Mateo is offline   #1
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Default New Warriors cancelled :(

While it didn't set the MU on fire, it had a good premise and I will miss it. The dark subplots behind Speedball and Hummingbird were interesting as well as the possible Namorita return as Watersnake, it just wasn't enough. Some of it felt a tad dragged out and written for the trade. I just wish Fabian Nicieza was able to take a crack at it before they axed the book.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old October 7th, 2014   darthlucifuge is offline   #2
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

It's a shame, I loved the hell outta this book.
It was also a way to build up Sam's relationships outside of his book.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old October 8th, 2014   chrisbenes is offline   #3
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

sigh

SPOON!!!!

Independent George
Old October 8th, 2014   TJLamb0518 is offline   #4
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I kind of expected it. Sadly, when your one "name character" is the new Nova (who I gather is also not setting the world ablaze) and a bunch of characters who either cannot support a book or have had theirs cancelled, it's a recipe for disaster. And also, it's too far into the run to have not really addressed the "big hook", of this book (or what it should have been)......you have a team of heroes taking on name last used by a group (well, not last used...there was another relaunch after Civil War, I think) who had their name dragged through the mud by destroying a town and getting a bunch of kids killed. I mean, imagine how the normally non-plussed citizens of the MU should be reacting to THAT. They'd be so hated that the X-Men would find it extreme. But this book took the team and hid them on a mountain. So when they pass into the history books, no one will notice.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old October 8th, 2014   Amentep is offline   #5
Amentep

I wanted to like the book but was really turned off by the first issue (or did I read the first two)?

Still I'd seen it had been getting better reactions online so I hoped it'd find its audience before the axe fell.

Old December 27th, 2014   Scott Mateo is offline   #6
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

I thought the final page was interesting...

and Chris Yost explains the Watersnake/Namorita thing here

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis