The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old January 10th, 2010   chasm is offline   #1
chasm
Master Geoffan

Default Bring back the Scarlet Witch!!

Now that Thor and Steve Rogers/Captain America are back, how about a return of another Marvel longtime & powerful Avenger? It's been 5 years since she was made insane/returned. Even Phoenix is about to return (kinda-sorta).

Wanda doesn't even have to rejoin the Avengers. She can reconcile with Agatha Harkness and reopen New Salem, CO & the Salem Seven.

Old January 10th, 2010   jafabian is offline   #2
jafabian
Iím not dead.

I'm thinking she's either going to reappear in Siege or Doomwar. I'm sure Marvel has a plan for her and a good explanation as to why she's been MIA for so long.

Old January 10th, 2010   Peter Bardyn is offline   #3
Peter Bardyn
7 Star General

Given Cyclops' aggressive stance on all things mutant, I'm pretty sure the X-Men will want first crack at her whether the Avengers like it or not. She may hold the key to reversing the near genocide of M-Day.

Old January 10th, 2010   ADGood is offline   #4
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

I'm thinking she's either going to reappear in Siege or Doomwar. I'm sure Marvel has a plan for her and a good explanation as to why she's been MIA for so long.
ddf
jafabian View Post
Well, last we saw, she had essentially gone to ground in Eastern Europe or something. And Siege has Eastern Europe all set to blow like a powder keg. So I could easily see her getting her memories back somewhere during this shindig.
Given Cyclops' aggressive stance on all things mutant, I'm pretty sure the X-Men will want first crack at her whether the Avengers like it or not. She may hold the key to reversing the near genocide of M-Day.
ddf
Peter Bardyn View Post
Possibly. She did start it, after all. Although, is it technically genocide if most of the victims are actually still alive, and just missing their scales and chicken beaks and whatnot? Sure, it's a finicky technicality, but given that Marvel's mutants a) are usually born to baseline human parents, b) are thoroughly capable of interbreeding with regular humans, and c) actually call themselves "mutants", indicating that even they know damn well they're not a stable species...well, let's just say that I never totally bought into the notion of...uh..."mutanity" as a species completely distinct from humans.

Old January 11th, 2010   jafabian is offline   #5
jafabian
Iím not dead.

I've been wondering if she might be a prisoner of Doom as well. I'd think he'd have the ability to know she was living in Europe, powered or not.

Old January 11th, 2010   slevin is offline   #6
slevin
Half animal, part party m

I think she'll return after whatever is going to happen with the Sentry happens. Also she supposed to be in the new Young Avengers coming out sometime this year to.

the man with no name
Old January 11th, 2010   Capt America1941 is offline   #7
Capt America1941
Advanced Geoffan

Maybe they can bring back the REAL Vision too!

fight the power !!!!! don't register!!!
Old January 11th, 2010   Keith Dallas is offline   #8
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

Now that Thor and Steve Rogers/Captain America are back, how about a return of another Marvel longtime & powerful Avenger?
ddf
chasm View Post
Hear, hear! The Scarlet Witch was always one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Old January 11th, 2010   Peter Bardyn is offline   #9
Peter Bardyn
7 Star General

Possibly. She did start it, after all. Although, is it technically genocide if most of the victims are actually still alive, and just missing their scales and chicken beaks and whatnot?
ddf
ADGood View Post
She started it, but I believe she's also one of the mutants who was depowered as a result--meaning she could very well have nothing to do with restoring them.

And yeah, wasn't sure what else to call it if not genocide.It's true that pretty much everyone is still alive, but they are essentially a different species since they were altered at the genetic level. Considering Wanda's actions led to the near elimination of an evolutionary offshot of humanity I'm sticking with genocide (unless someone can think of a more appropriate term).

Old January 11th, 2010   virtuadept is offline   #10
virtuadept
bye.

Not Genocide. I'll give you the "Geno" but the "cide" part just doesn't fit.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old January 11th, 2010   chasm is offline   #11
chasm
Master Geoffan

ddf
Peter Bardyn View Post
Hopefully Cyclops won't issue another one of his "kill" orders.

Old January 11th, 2010   Greg Owens is offline   #12
Greg Owens
Up Top Horseman

I'm down with this. Bring Wanda back.

"Nick, and I've told you this for years now, Greg is absolutely right."

Evilscratch
Old January 12th, 2010   jafabian is offline   #13
jafabian
Iím not dead.

I'd like to see her return to her original mutant powers of using hex bolts. She went from a mutant who could affect probabilities to being trained in sorcery by Agatha Harkness, to using chaos magic to finally having the ability to manipulate reality. Time to tone her down to the levels Stan and Jack had her at when they originally created her.

Old January 12th, 2010   Keith Dallas is offline   #14
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

Time to tone her down to the levels Stan and Jack had her at when they originally created her.
ddf
jafabian View Post

Amen, brother!

Old January 12th, 2010   Tim Pilot 84 is offline   #15
Tim Pilot 84
Geoffan

The whole no-such-thing-as-Hex-Magic took the wind out of my sails as far as Scarlet Witch went.

That would have to be resolved a bit more for me to feel any kinship to the character. And given Bendis is the most likely writer to be writing the Scarlet Witch....

Dan Slott could do something with it. Fraction taking on SW in the pages of X-Men would work for me too I guess.

White Lantern wannabe.
Old January 12th, 2010   therealssjlink is offline   #16
therealssjlink
Master Geoffan

Maybe they can bring back the REAL Vision too!
ddf
Capt America1941 View Post
Also, bring back the REAL Hawkeye!

"I have no fear of failure."

May 2010