The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old May 17th, 2005   J.D.Lombardi is offline   #1
J.D.Lombardi
Devil's Advocate

Default OMAC hits 3rd printing!

OMAC PROJECT #1 RETURNS TO PRESS FOR NEW THIRD PRINTING

A full three weeks before its instore-date of May 18, the Second Printing of the red-hot THE OMAC PROJECT #1 has sold out at DC Comics. Now, DC offers a new, third printing of this sold-out issue. THE OMAC PROJECT #1 Third Printing will feature a new, variant version of the original cover by Ladrönn, which pictures one of the Omacs in the center of the image.

THE OMAC PROJECT #1 Third Printing (MAR058202) is available for order now and is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 1.

In addition, THE OMAC PROJECT #2 (MAR050415) is now sold out at DC Comics. The issue is being prepped for a new printing, which will be announced soon.

“This is outstanding! I’m delighted and thrilled,” says Rucka. “I think it’s a testament to how much fans are connecting to the events of COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS. Love it or hate it, this shows how well COUNTDOWN has primed the DCU for what’s coming next.”

“Orders on the second printing of THE OMAC PROJECT exceeded our available copies, so we’re happy to go back to press for a third printing,” says Bob Wayne, DC’s VP — Sales. “Retailers should place their orders as soon as possible, as orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.”

THE OMAC PROJECT #1 Third Printing (FEB058394) is available for order now and is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 1 with a cover price of $2.50 U.S. Quantities are limited, so retailers are advised to place their orders as soon as possible. Retailers may order the issue by contacting their Diamond Customer Service Representative or DC Sales Representative, or by email at [email protected].

Upcoming issues are available as follows:
· THE OMAC PROJECT #3 (APR050349) is solicited in the April Previews (Volume XV #4) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 29.

· THE OMAC PROJECT #4 (MAY050243) is solicited in the May Previews (Volume XV #5) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 27.

Also, COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS Second Printing (FEB058329) remains available for reorder.

Founder, Senior Features Editor at www.pop-topia.com
Old May 17th, 2005   InverseVideo is offline   #2
InverseVideo
Random acts of fun!

Wow. Any of you comic shop professionals care to speculate on what that means?

Are you finding that demand for OMAC, and the other Countdown spinoffs, are vastly exceeding supply?

Just how many copies of OMAC have been printed to date?

Has Countdown fever generated any additional sales or foot traffic in your store?

Has there been this much interest in a crossover event before? Or has DC really created a monster hit?

I am glad that DC seems to be doing well with the Countdown spinoffs.

Though the people in the distribution food chain, I'd like to see reap some benefit, are the LCS owners.

"... It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the timid."
-Q
Old May 17th, 2005   Bobby X is offline   #3
Bobby X
Geoffan

This is so insanely cool. Third printing, I too hope that it is benefitting the LCS.

X

Old May 17th, 2005   Brendon Carlson is offline   #4
Brendon Carlson
He will return!!!!

I was a bit surprised that will the 3 printings they are only changing the eye. I will probably get all the covers, but it would be interesting to see the #s behind the sellouts.

Live every day as if it were your last, because one day it will be.
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Old May 17th, 2005   clarkent1982 is offline   #5
clarkent1982*
Citizen

ID came out with what...? a 7th printings.

Newsarama journalists ask these questions to Joe Q and Dan Buckley: Why place a $3.99 price tag for only 22 page of materiel?
Old May 17th, 2005   PMH is offline   #6
PMH
Freedom Fighter

I like that cover with the OMAC, I may have to get that one.

"I don't imagine there will be any X-Men similarities. Except when Damage starts smoking cigars and calling everyone "Bub."

SNIKT!" -Matt Sturges