The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old January 25th, 2016   Amentep is offline   #1
Amentep

Default Squadron Supreme

While the story is okay and Kirk's art warmly received, I admit that this seems to be an oddity.

Namor is killed in the first issue because of his role in destroying multiple worlds. Except that all the worlds were destroyed and the Namor that did it was actually killed in the events of Secret Wars. It seems strange to kill him again, here. I understand the desire to have the "orphaned team" and all, but it seems mostly done for plot expediency to put the team in a specific position for story rather than making sense from character.

Also every time ideas are introduced we seem whisked in another direction. Not sure on this title.

Bookmarks