The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old August 17th, 2005   KWilson is offline   #1
KWilson

Default Crisis Wishlist

What is everyones Post-Crisis wishlist? What are some of the things you'd like to see DC do with this?

Personally, one thing I hope happens out of all this is a answer to the reveloving door that is the DCU Justice System. We need a real Supervillian prision, run by Superheroes. Not saying that it should be like in "The Kingdom" but more along the lines of a United Nations funded prision that uses Metahuman guards. I mean whats folks like the Power Company, ect. doing these days? They could be guards for the prison. If I was the Joker I'd be concerned about trying to break out of jail if Bane was my guard.

Or just drop them all into Statis Pod's and leave them to rot...

in space...

near OA.

Old August 17th, 2005   tamper is offline   #2
tamper

I want several things

The continuation of the current continuity with all the heroes on one world.

A formal acknowlegement that there is a multiverse out there where there's a world where JSA fought in WW2. And one where the Justice League formed in the 1960s and teamed up regularly with their counterparts on other worlds.

Old August 17th, 2005   thatrealfastdude is offline   #3
thatrealfastdude
Geoffan

I like this one from tamper: The continuation of the current continuity with all the heroes on one world.

A good death for whoever dies.

no needless resurrections

A new Justice League

more second string focus

Old August 17th, 2005   Feltonbass is offline   #4
Feltonbass
Yep....

Quote from Tamper: The continuation of the current continuity with all the heroes on one world.

Ditto on this one, but w/o the hinderance of continuity if it gets in the way of telling a good story.

I like the idea of Hypertime for example because it allows for multiple different stories to be told about acharacter w/o having the hinderance of continuity, but Hypertime was also used as a cop-out all too often.

I love continuity, it makes me feel a part of somthing larger, and it's the advantage of being a long time comic reader. Who doesn't love when character X appears on the last panel of a book after being done for 17 years, or when a story told in Superman in 1988 is refferenced and has reprocutions in a Batman story told in 2005?

At the same time, we may never have another great Booster/Beetle team up story because Beetle is dead in continuity.

This is just a very, VERY, broad example. Obviously I don't want DC to just ignore Beetle's death (OK I do, but it would just be stupid to at this point), but I really wouldn't mind seeing an old team up of the characters, but it may not be done right because it will have to fit into past continuity.

Oh, heck, I don't know what I want........... Everytime I talk myself into a loose continuity, the more I think about it I want the continuity to be tighter.

On a superficial level:

*Supermans origin solidified (Birthright/MOS-last kryptonian)
*Lex back to being a public figure
*Wally - Flash
*Batman - Dick Grayson
*A JLA w/ Ollie and Hal
*Not neccesarily the return of the Multiverse, but the hero's at least remebering the Multiverse if just for a short period of time.
*That pocket universe that Alexandor Luthor created in COIE #12 w/Kal-L, Lois, and Superboy revisited and it's appearance in the Kingdom explained/mentioned
*Money to feed my family with once the Crisis is over

Old August 17th, 2005   KWilson is offline   #5
KWilson

I think most comic people agree. Continuity is a good thing as long as it doesn't stop good stories from being told. Monthlies need to be in continuity. Thats why their monthlies. But if DC gets a good story that doesn't fit, toss it into a mini-series.

My rule of thumb tends to be that Montlies are always in continuity. Mini's are not in continuity unless refferenced. (This doesn't include maxi-series)

Old August 17th, 2005   Feltonbass is offline   #6
Feltonbass
Yep....

I think most comic people agree. Continuity is a good thing as long as it doesn't stop good stories from being told. Monthlies need to be in continuity. Thats why their monthlies. But if DC gets a good story that doesn't fit, toss it into a mini-series.

My rule of thumb tends to be that Montlies are always in continuity. Mini's are not in continuity unless refferenced. (This doesn't include maxi-series)
ddf
KWilson

That's a great way to look at it, and I look at it the same way for the most part.

That said, and this has been bugging me for a couple of months, how would you fit ICBINTJL in continuity?

Old August 17th, 2005   KWilson is offline   #7
KWilson

God, how I hate seeing ICBINTJL. Its such as jumbled mess... we need a better way of talkig about "I Can't Believe Its Not The Justice League".

It doesn't. Its a nice story, but it doesn't fit in. Don't try and make it fit, enjoy it but just remember, that it never happened.

Just like the Defenders at Marvel will never fit.

Old August 17th, 2005   Rion1986 is offline   #8
Rion1986
persona non grata

My wishlist?

-The JLA gone and replaced by a UN-backed Global Guardians. The JLA could still exist in some new form, but due to government regulations, should be restricted to the United States.

-The deaths of minor C- and D-list heroes and villains. They're just taking up valuable space on the DC Earth.

-ONLY ONE EARTH, ONE UNIVERSE, etc....No multi-anything!

-Kyle Rayner back on earth with the powers of a Green Lantern

Old August 17th, 2005   Mr Prince is offline   #9
Mr Prince
Advanced Geoffan

A few things...

I want to see the villains get highlighted more in terms or profile and characterization. One thing VILLAINS UNITED has proved is that readers are interested in the various villain's personalities and spectrum of morality and motivation.

So, I'd hope a SOCIETY or SSOSV title with villains as the protagonists gets published as a monthly.

I want to see Donna Troy back on earth and on a team.

I don't want to see the strain on the Superman-Wonder Woman-Batman friendship and modus operandi resolved quickly. I love the place the heroes are in right now, some of the emotions reflect real life and I want to see the storytelling possibilities played out over time.

I want to see and hear the Mindwipers dealing with their peers and how they are vindicated or fall from grace from the hero community and DC at large.

All the best...

Scott

Gargantua... Stop... *We're friends! - Lynda Carter
Old August 17th, 2005   Bizarro #98 is offline   #10
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

Bizarro World needs to come back in a big way.

Old August 17th, 2005   jafabian is offline   #11
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Kathy Kane. The Bat-Universe could use her back.

Old August 17th, 2005   daxam is offline   #12
daxam
Yes, this is my real pic.

ddf
KWilson
Excelent thought , if it does not fit continuity make it into a mini , instead of just ignore it.

ˇcHAT sEMNAL dE COMIKS tO2 loZ jUEVEZ, zALA 100CIA fICZION d yAHOO!uNETE, T iNVITAMOz!
Old August 17th, 2005   Heatwave the Rogue is offline   #13
Heatwave the Rogue
Barry Allen's #1 fan!

Here's my Crisis Wishlist:
1. The return of the greatest Flash of all time... BARRY ALLEN!
2. A Metal Men modern appearance.
3. The Multiverse remembered once and forever.
4. The Question in a key role.
5. And most importantly: An epic story worth the wait!

There's a Flash section here? Where is it? ;-)
Old August 17th, 2005   Power Guy is offline   #14
Power Guy
persona non grata

My wish-list:

Power Girl and Supergirl are sisters making them both Superman's cousin.

Wonder Woman's history revamped so that debuted in time to be a member of the satellite JLA. I would also like to see Steve Trevor's history be re-written so he can be young enough(and single) to have a relationship with Diana.

The JLA is reformed with the entire satellite membership plus the additions of Black Lightning, Vixen, Dr. Light II, and Steel.

Donna Troy and Tempest starting up a Titans East team.

The Huntress is revealed to be Wildcat and the Golden Age Huntress' daughter.

Old August 17th, 2005   Velocity9 is offline   #15
Velocity9
Power Cosmic Horseman

Here's my Crisis Wishlist:
1. The return of the greatest Flash of all time... MAX MERCURY!
ddf
Heatwave the Rogue

I'd knew you'd see it my way eventually.

Will fight The Amish for money.
Old August 17th, 2005   clarkent1982 is offline   #16
clarkent1982*
Citizen

Characters that have more meaning in the DCU kill away.

Newsarama journalists ask these questions to Joe Q and Dan Buckley: Why place a $3.99 price tag for only 22 page of materiel?