The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics > Green Lantern

Old August 9th, 2008   Binker is offline   #1
Binker

Default The Sinestro Corps War collections

I wanted to ask this because....well, why not?

Okay, I'm planning to buy the two collections that collect Sinestro Corps War (I missed the event, yeah "HAHAHA" that's right), but there is an issue with the issues it collects that I have. Recently, in my LCS, I saw Green Lantern Corps #19 that I kenw was in the collection. Since I waiting to buy my stuff (it was Wednesday when the store opened) I took a look. And I wasn't so sure that this COULD BE in that collection because that "epilogue" ends with the set up for the "Mongul having a Sinestro Corps ring" storyline. And thus, I don't really think it should be there.

For anyone who has the collections, I ask this:

1. Is that issue REALLY in Sinestro Corps War Vol. 2?

2. What is the list of issues the collections collect?

&

3. I once heard Geoff say that you could just read Green Lantern, and not Green Lantern Corps, for the story and you would be 100% fine. Is that true?

Old August 9th, 2008   BlackLesbianJewishWoman is offline   #2
BlackLesbianJewishWoman
Neo Geoffan

I wanted to ask this because....well, why not?

Okay, I'm planning to buy the two collections that collect Sinestro Corps War (I missed the event, yeah "HAHAHA" that's right), but there is an issue with the issues it collects that I have. Recently, in my LCS, I saw Green Lantern Corps #19 that I kenw was in the collection. Since I waiting to buy my stuff (it was Wednesday when the store opened) I took a look. And I wasn't so sure that this COULD BE in that collection because that "epilogue" ends with the set up for the "Mongul having a Sinestro Corps ring" storyline. And thus, I don't really think it should be there.

For anyone who has the collections, I ask this:

1. Is that issue REALLY in Sinestro Corps War Vol. 2?

2. What is the list of issues the collections collect?

&

3. I once heard Geoff say that you could just read Green Lantern, and not Green Lantern Corps, for the story and you would be 100% fine. Is that true?
ddf
Binker View Post
1. Yes, that issue is really in vol 2 as the last chapter only it cuts out the Mongul part.

2. Vol 1 collects Green Lantern 21-23, GLC 14-15 and Green Lantern" Sinestro Corps special, the oversized one-shot that kicked off the event. Vol 2 collects Green Lantern 24-25, GLC 16-19 and has some interviews and extra skecthes in the back. Tales of the Sinestro Corps collects all the specials that focus on key members of the SC and also back-ups from GL 18-20 that also focus on SC members. Also, one of the specials apparently indexes every single meber of the GLC AND the SC.

3. Yes, you actually can just read Green Lantern and you'd get the thrust of the story. There are some parts where the war is fought on two fronts, so GLC will focus on one part while Green lantern focuses on the frontlines ie where Sinestro and the key players are on. Reading both would get you the big picture, but Green Lantern alone is enough to understand what happens, since events that happen in one issue of Green Lantern follows directly into the next issue and not GLC.

The Ultimate Minority.
Old August 10th, 2008   Binker is offline   #3
Binker

1. Yes, that issue is really in vol 2 as the last chapter only it cuts out the Mongul part.
ddf
BlackLesbianJewishWoman View Post
Oh really?

I still remember GLC #19, but where does the cut starts, the part where they are destroying that plane looking thing, or the first scene on the planet where Mongul is and gets the ring?

Old August 10th, 2008   BlackLesbianJewishWoman is offline   #4
BlackLesbianJewishWoman
Neo Geoffan

Oh really?

I still remember GLC #19, but where does the cut starts, the part where they are destroying that plane looking thing, or the first scene on the planet where Mongul is and gets the ring?
ddf
Binker View Post
I never read the full issue, but there's no appearance of Mongul period in the 19 in the hardcover. It just follows the different lanterns as they celebrate the end of the war and ends with the Kyle/Guy scene, I think.

The Ultimate Minority.