The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old December 10th, 2012   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #1
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

Default An interesting review of Hawkworld by Tim Truman

I just so happened to re-read this mini series this weekend. It is a favorite of mine and the reason I love Hawkman so much. I love Geoffs take and the stuff before Hawkworld was fun...but THIS series...this is Hawkman to me. In fact after finishing it again this weekend I thought DC should be embarassed to put out the current Hawkman book with this masterpiece out there.

Anyway...for fans of this series I thought you might enjoy this review that Tim Truman himself pointed out to me.

Enjoy!

http://sequart.org/magazine/13210/th...alcatena-1989/

Looking to trade my single issues for the trade paperbacks. Inbox me if interested. Green Lantern, JSA, Avengers and many DC & Marvel books.
Old January 1st, 2013   Navydeepsea is offline   #2
Navydeepsea*
Carter Hall Wannabe

Hawkworld the mini-series is my favorite take on "the Space-Cop" Hawkman. Super strong stuff. Still prefer the Golden Age version (reincarnation, lost love, ancient warrior stuff) but Tim Truman did an amazing job with that one......

Read Ultramarathon Man by Dean Karnazes. Then go Run ya lazy ass.
Old January 1st, 2013   Mark MacMillan is offline   #3
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

I just so happened to re-read this mini series this weekend. It is a favorite of mine and the reason I love Hawkman so much. I love Geoffs take and the stuff before Hawkworld was fun...but THIS series...this is Hawkman to me. In fact after finishing it again this weekend I thought DC should be embarassed to put out the current Hawkman book with this masterpiece out there.

Anyway...for fans of this series I thought you might enjoy this review that Tim Truman himself pointed out to me.

Enjoy!

http://sequart.org/magazine/13210/th...alcatena-1989/
ddf
Bagged & Boarded View Post
Agreed. I felt the same way about Emerald Dawn as a kid when both of these came out at the same time.

Yeah, I can admit that they might have their flaws for others out there, but those are the stories that made me a long time fan of both those characters.

I still think both stories would translate well to film (with some minor alterations of course)

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube
Old January 1st, 2013   ronaldj is offline   #4
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

i'm going to dig it out aright now...

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old January 1st, 2013   Frankenstein is offline   #5
Frankenstein
Keyboard Warrior

I wish DC would give this the hardcover treatment. It may be out of continuity, but it's still a damn good read, and far superior to their current Hawkman series.

The best comics-related reviews on YouTube!

http://http://www.youtube.com/user/KapowComicBookShow
Old January 1st, 2013   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #6
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

Agreed. I felt the same way about Emerald Dawn as a kid when both of these came out at the same time.

Yeah, I can admit that they might have their flaws for others out there, but those are the stories that made me a long time fan of both those characters.

I still think both stories would translate well to film (with some minor alterations of course)
ddf
Mark MacMillan View Post
Agreed. This should be the Hawkman movie.

Looking to trade my single issues for the trade paperbacks. Inbox me if interested. Green Lantern, JSA, Avengers and many DC & Marvel books.
Old January 1st, 2013   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #7
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

I wish DC would give this the hardcover treatment. It may be out of continuity, but it's still a damn good read, and far superior to their current Hawkman series.
ddf
Frankenstein View Post
I would buy that in a second! That and the Return of Barry Allen by Waid need to be in hardcover.

Old January 2nd, 2013   Frankenstein is offline   #8
Frankenstein
Keyboard Warrior

I would buy that in a second! That and the Return of Barry Allen by Waid need to be in hardcover.
ddf
Bagged & Boarded View Post
I think ALL of Waid's run should be collected in multiple omnibus volumes, the same way Geoff's run was (except maybe without the page errors...).

The best comics-related reviews on YouTube!

http://http://www.youtube.com/user/KapowComicBookShow
Old November 30th, 2013   bgztl is offline   #9
bgztl
Supreme Geoffan

Thank you for pointing out the review. It was well-thought out.

It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Mouse Guard