The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Town Hall > ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People

ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People Everyone gets a blog, subscribe to others' blogs, get feeds, and more!

Old August 13th, 2008   Infernorhythm is offline   #1
Infernorhythm
Aspiring Writer

Default Angry at Haircutters

This is going to sound kind of lame, but the situation really bummed me out and made me angry.

Today I went in for a haircut. If you seen photos of me you know I've had long hair for a while. I must admit I'm also very vain about my hair. I was feeling in a rut for a bit and I decided a haircut to a different style would be a nice change of pace.

I had a style picked out, taken from a picture I brought along. It's shorter, but not that short. I even asked the hairdresser to "please air on the side of long, just in case." Instead, I my head was nearly shaven. It wasn't even the style I wanted. Basically I got stuck with a really bad haircut that I cannot do anything with. Now, it's not like I could have said "please stop cutting so short" because I had my glasses off, and I have such terrible nearsightedness I'm basically blind without them. So I couldn't see a thing.

Ok, I realize, it's just a haircut, why should I whine and complain? I've got a lot of self-esteem problems, I have to admit. I'm very self-conscious. So, being stuck with a nerdy, ugly haircut that I can't undo or even alter to look better really bummed me out. Especially since it was going to be a start of me getting out of a major rut I've been in, redefining myself as a more self-confident, social person. So basically it was a sign saying "tough luck, loser."

Superman Returns was a great film. DO NOT REBOOT!
Old August 13th, 2008   darthlucifuge is offline   #2
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

Dude I wouldnt worry about it, I use to have long hair too. Like down to my back. Right now you may regret this but trust me having short hair is actually better and females tend to think so too. Just try somethin new with your short hair man. Make it work, and youll be fine.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old August 13th, 2008   Infernorhythm is offline   #3
Infernorhythm
Aspiring Writer

Dude I wouldnt worry about it, I use to have long hair too. Like down to my back. Right now you may regret this but trust me having short hair is actually better and females tend to think so too. Just try somethin new with your short hair man. Make it work, and youll be fine.
ddf
darthlucifuge View Post
It's not so much that it's short hair, I was going for short, but it's so incredibly short, and there's not much I can do with it. It's more of a "how did they mess it up so bad?" kind of anger really. I went all optimistic, you know "new me!" and came out a mess of self-conciousness and low self-esteem.

Superman Returns was a great film. DO NOT REBOOT!
Old August 13th, 2008   darthlucifuge is offline   #4
darthlucifuge
I Walk In Eternity

It's not so much that it's short hair, I was going for short, but it's so incredibly short, and there's not much I can do with it. It's more of a "how did they mess it up so bad?" kind of anger really. I went all optimistic, you know "new me!" and came out a mess of self-conciousness and low self-esteem.
ddf
Infernorhythm View Post
Just waear a baseball cap or somethin till it grows to the right length. Then when you need it fixed go to a Barber Shop. Not a unisex place where tehy do women haircuts. 3 Months ago I switched to an old fashioned barbershop, the ones with moose heads on the walls and where you have real conversations with old dudes. Best decision I ever made. Since then my hair has never been cut better. I found out that Barbers are trained in cutting only male hair while stylists are trained with female hiar and styles.

So no worries man, itll be back before you know it.

"Intelligence without imagination is useless. Creating is harder than knowing." - Franklin Richards
Old August 13th, 2008   Mackaybear is offline   #5
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

We've all suffered from bad haircuts....the nice thing is hair grows back quickly. Til a few years ago I always kept my hair at least shoulder length(being a child of the Sixties and all). I've suffered my share of bad trims and haircuts. In fact once when I told someone to cut it to my shoulder level from mid back level I ended up with cropped hair so I can relate. And in 2005 when I had my stroke the dye used for a scan made it all fall out....and it's never grown back right since.

Just try to maintain until it does grow back. Caps could work...

It's not such an omen, sometimes it's just the bad luck of the draw. You got a stylist who didn't have a clue and probably just cut it in whatever sort of style he/she knew.

I may be old and crippled, but I ain't dead yet.
Old August 13th, 2008   Steve Danger is offline   #6
Steve Danger
Advanced Geoffan

The haircut does not make the man. The man makes the haircut. Rock that short hair.

Myself, I'm completely the opposite. I could care less what my hair looks like. I tend to cut it down real short once every six months or so, that's about when it starts to poke me in the eyes again.

Old August 14th, 2008   DarkNight1939 is offline   #7
DarkNight1939
give 'em hell, kid.

ddf
darthlucifuge View Post
i completely agree here. i used to have hair up to my shoulders back in my little metalhead days, then i started shaving it. honestly, it HELPS. your head remains cooler on a hot day, you get more attention from girls, it makes you look A LOT more cleaned up and neat, you don't have to worry about maintaining it, and it i've heard i look older with it
just give it a few weeks and you won't regret this whole situation so much anymore. promise, dude.

It's better to live one day as a lion than a thousand as a lamb.
Old August 14th, 2008   add1 is offline   #8
add1
Supporters

dont go back there.
tell your friends not to go there.

otherwise, like others said, it is just hair, and it does grow back... quicker in the summer in fact...

so make the best of it if you can. you said you were looking for a bit of a change... more drastic than you planned, but life doesnt always follow OUR plans...

if you find you cant embrace the new look, get a cap you like. ball cap, fedora, 10 gallon... you choose...

bottom line, youre young and hair grows... and experiencing what you dont like helps define what you do like.

aint nobody gonna hold me... i'm gonna be all that i can be... i take my problems to the dance floor... let the music make my spirit soar...
Old August 14th, 2008   Brian LaBelle is offline   #9
Brian LaBelle
I teleported.

I haven't paid for a haircut since Bill Clinton's first term.

Old August 17th, 2008   Saturn Girl is offline   #10
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

I haven't seen your original hair cut, but I will say that I think guys in general are a little deluded when they think they look more attractive with long hair than short hair. When it comes to unflattering hair cuts I've seen on men, I'd say 90% of them are long haired styles. There are of course exceptions, but usually only on guys who look like they should be stuck on the cover of a romance novel, and most guys just don't look like that.

So don't fret the short do. You may not think so now, but you may actually look better with shorn locks.

I am the one who knocks.
Old August 17th, 2008   Greg Owens is offline   #11
Greg Owens
Up Top Horseman

Shave your head. Look like a younger caucasian Sam Jackson.

Old August 17th, 2008   Mackaybear is offline   #12
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

Shave your head. Look like a younger caucasian Sam Jackson.
ddf
Greg Owens View Post
Only if you grow some facial hair to counterbalance it.

Only Black guys can get away with the shaved head no facial hair look.

White guys look like walking *****s trying to carry off that look.....

Old August 17th, 2008   Brian LaBelle is offline   #13
Brian LaBelle
I teleported.

White guys look like walking *****s trying to carry off that look.....
ddf
Mackaybear View Post
That's why I have a soul patch.

And eyebrows.

Old August 17th, 2008   Leonard Kirk is offline   #14
Leonard Kirk
RESIDENT OFFICE BIMBO!!

And that tattoo on the back of your skull that reads, "This End Up."

REMEMBER!! SCIENTOLOGISTS EAT KITTENS!!

For additional revelations, read my stupendous blog---> http://leonardkirk.comicbloc.com/

DO IT NOW!!
Old August 17th, 2008   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #15
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

This is going to sound kind of lame, but the situation really bummed me out and made me angry.

Today I went in for a haircut. If you seen photos of me you know I've had long hair for a while. I must admit I'm also very vain about my hair. I was feeling in a rut for a bit and I decided a haircut to a different style would be a nice change of pace.

I had a style picked out, taken from a picture I brought along. It's shorter, but not that short. I even asked the hairdresser to "please air on the side of long, just in case." Instead, I my head was nearly shaven. It wasn't even the style I wanted. Basically I got stuck with a really bad haircut that I cannot do anything with. Now, it's not like I could have said "please stop cutting so short" because I had my glasses off, and I have such terrible nearsightedness I'm basically blind without them. So I couldn't see a thing.

Ok, I realize, it's just a haircut, why should I whine and complain? I've got a lot of self-esteem problems, I have to admit. I'm very self-conscious. So, being stuck with a nerdy, ugly haircut that I can't undo or even alter to look better really bummed me out. Especially since it was going to be a start of me getting out of a major rut I've been in, redefining myself as a more self-confident, social person. So basically it was a sign saying "tough luck, loser."

ddf
Infernorhythm View Post
did you go to a barber or an actual stylist.....because a good stylist will give you exactly what you want every time while cheaper barbershops and chain cuttereys are very hit and miss....

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

X-Box Live : Scion of Mogo
PSN : Scion_of_Mogo
Steam : Scion_of_Mogo
Old August 17th, 2008   Mackaybear is offline   #16
Mackaybear
Polar Bear Horseman

did you go to a barber or an actual stylist.....because a good stylist will give you exactly what you want every time while cheaper barbershops and chain cuttereys are very hit and miss....
ddf
Chris Hansbrough View Post
And be grateful you didn't ask for any extras....like a bikini waxing......heh