The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Justice League

Old July 26th, 2005   squirrelly bob is offline   #1
squirrelly bob

Location: Decatur, IL....home of Millikin University and Capital Comics and Games

Default The fate of the Justice League as I can see it months from now...

After this Sacrifice storyline in Superman and Wonder Woman and the Crisis of Conscience storyline in JLA I predict that the splintered Justice League will not survive the coming Infinite Crisis. I find the timing to be impeccable as this team-deterioration begins that Dan Didio announces a new BRAVE and the BOLD monthly written by Mark Waid in 2006. Wait a sec? Wasn't the Brave and the Bold stories about various team-ups of all sorts of Justice League members and non-justice league members in the DCU. It sounds too good to be true. Let's face it the Justice League has become the aristocratic society of the DCU superhero community. They're more well known and powerful than any of the other super groups (at least in their minds). There's been too many egos in one place for too long. Identity Crisis was the beginning of the end for the Justice League. Sacrifice and Crisis of Conscience is continuing the death blows and Infinite Crisis will be the destruction of the league as we know it.

Here's my prediction for 2006. There will be no more Justice League in monthly form. Instead it will be replaced by the Brave and the Bold. In this title you will be able to see your favorite DCU heroes team up with one another without the obligations of the superhero fraternity of the past JLA. I like the idea of this change of pace. Does anyone else see this is as a possibility?

Old July 27th, 2005   Power Guy is offline   #2
Power Guy
persona non grata

No offense but I hope you're wrong. The JLA is essential to the DCU and the comic market.

Old July 27th, 2005   Matches is offline   #3
Matches
stepping aside

I can't imagine DC would just cancel one of its best-selling, and best-known, titles, especially with a cartoon presently on the air. I think JLA is headed for a relaunch and a new direction, but there will be a Justice League comic of some sort.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old July 27th, 2005   sixstringguild is offline   #4
sixstringguild
Neo Geoffan

There is no way that JLA will be non-existent after the Crisis. If anything, it will closely resemble Justice League Unlimited where there is a core team and a cast of revolving characters

Old July 27th, 2005   allanf is offline   #5
allanf
Geoffan

Yeah, JLA is as important anymore as Batman or Superman. It's not going anywhere. My worry is that the big three WILL be gone, which, coupled with the Batman rumours, makes me worried we're back to the post-Zero Hour versions of my favorite books, my least favorite era of all time. If this pans out, I can't fathom why they would steer these books to these played out ideas.

Old July 30th, 2005   starks is offline   #6
starks
Geoffan

If anything, I think they'll just call it Justice League. That book sells in the 50,000-60,000 regardless and I can't see DC dropping a title that does that.

Old July 30th, 2005   mmk123 is offline   #7
mmk123
Geoffan

I would not mind seeing the cast csat get larger, but I would not want it to resemble the cartoon size. Around members woudl be nice
The core seven-Superman, Batman, WOnder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern

The remaining Satellite members-Black Canary, Green Arrow, Red Tornado, Hawkman/woman/girl (one of the three), The Atom, Elongated Man, Zatanna, Firestorm

and for the remaining members-Vixen, Captain Atom, Black Lightning and Metamorpho (if they are not going to be in the OUtsiders they should be here)Fire and Booster Gold.

Old July 30th, 2005   DarqueGuy is offline   #8
DarqueGuy
Advanced Geoffan

I would not mind seeing the cast csat get larger, but I would not want it to resemble the cartoon size. Around members woudl be nice
The core seven-Superman, Batman, WOnder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern

The remaining Satellite members-Black Canary, Green Arrow, Red Tornado, Hawkman/woman/girl (one of the three), The Atom, Elongated Man, Zatanna, Firestorm

and for the remaining members-Vixen, Captain Atom, Black Lightning and Metamorpho (if they are not going to be in the OUtsiders they should be here)Fire and Booster Gold.
ddf
mmk123
I'm not a big "we NEED the Big 7" guy at all, but this line-up is one I'd be more than okay with. Maybe toss in the Question, lurking on the sidelines, for the cartoon fans.

Old July 30th, 2005   Michael Bise is offline   #9
Michael Bise
persona non grata

Ugh. Starks.

Old July 31st, 2005   Can1 is offline   #10
Can1
Supporters

How about this .. no JLA intially .. but after a few B&B stories we see the seeds of the JLA reformong and it eventually reforms in the paes of B&B .. history repeats itself sort of

Buy what you like and you will never be disappointed!!
Old July 31st, 2005   Matches is offline   #11
Matches
stepping aside

How about this .. no JLA intially .. but after a few B&B stories we see the seeds of the JLA reformong and it eventually reforms in the paes of B&B .. history repeats itself sort of
ddf
Can1
I could see something like that taking place, but only if it all happened within 2-3 months. I don't think DC would want to skip publication of JLA any longer than that.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old July 31st, 2005   jbodin is offline   #12
jbodin
persona non grata

ddf
Can1
Ever notice how after the "Sacrifice" storyline, the Superman and Wonder Woman characters are starting to all in-line with the characters as portrayed in Darwyn Cooke's "DC: The New Frontier"?

Just an observation.

Old July 31st, 2005   jnicoson is offline   #13
jnicoson

Green Arrow and Black Canary will reform a Justice League.

So will Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

Just like Marvel does with the X-books!!!!

HOORAYY

jason

Old July 31st, 2005   the thunderstrike04 is offline   #14
the thunderstrike04
Shazam Rules!

man, thing get worse. Batman will never forgive JLA, will he?

Old July 31st, 2005   Sentinel is offline   #15
Sentinel
Neo Geoffan

Default JLA Disassembled

The League will be reformed by Aquaman, Green Arrow and Black Canary.

We'll see Black Lightning, Firestorm, Firehawk, Triumph and..Wolverine (it'll really be J'onn, but still...)

Fox "News" : Where the Truth Lies
Old August 1st, 2005   married guy is offline   #16
married guy
The 3 Legged Horseman

It won't be Triumph.
He's still an iceblock in the Watchtower.

'My name is Wally West. I'm the Flash!'
I'm in a very abusive relationship with DC, and I just keep coming back for more. - Fastest