The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old October 3rd, 2007   Jay West is offline   #1
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

Default House Season 4 Spoilers

Anyone watching this season? Last nights episode was funny. The plot was out there even for House, but it was still entertaining. Kumar joined the cast last night. His return to being a candidate after House fired him was hilarious.

Chase and Cameron return was the stuff of so so TV drama. I hope they just get over the returns of the former assistants and get to telling stories. I actually would have preferred the new assistants, Foreman, Cuddy and Wilson as the supporting cast. Chase and Cameron could have staid gone.

Old October 3rd, 2007   red lantern is offline   #2
red lantern*
Now with less rage!

If I only watch one show on tv this season it's gotta be house.

The bits with Kal Penn were great. I don't know the inside track of the show, but I would hope he stays on the show for quite awhile. It'd probably be even funnier if it turned out to actually be kumar from the movies.

I could do without cameron and foreman on the show, but the scene with chase during the "surgery" was a lot of fun to watch. Also the bits where house thinks he's hallucinating were fun as well.

I wonder if the format of the show is that every plotline does a full circle and eventually we end up at the same spot as before. (as in all 3 come back and perform the same roles and dynamic as before... yawn)

Red Lantern: Occasional poster to comicbloc and a frequent menace to the raging bullets podcast and forums.
Old October 3rd, 2007   Jay West is offline   #3
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

If I only watch one show on tv this season it's gotta be house.

The bits with Kal Penn were great. I don't know the inside track of the show, but I would hope he stays on the show for quite awhile. It'd probably be even funnier if it turned out to actually be kumar from the movies.

I could do without cameron and foreman on the show, but the scene with chase during the "surgery" was a lot of fun to watch. Also the bits where house thinks he's hallucinating were fun as well.

I wonder if the format of the show is that every plotline does a full circle and eventually we end up at the same spot as before. (as in all 3 come back and perform the same roles and dynamic as before... yawn)
ddf
red lantern View Post
Kal Penn has joined the show. I don't know who makes the cut, but there is a publicity photo somewhere of the dude with the mini 'fro, the Blonde who was scammed the others into quitting at the car wash and Kal. That would make sense from the show last night. I hope House gets to keep his assistant, too. I also hope he continues to call him "Scooter."

Old October 3rd, 2007   Jay West is offline   #4
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

You know for as crazy as House is everyone on the show basically likes him. I hope that Foreman or Chase essentially become his enemy. He needs more conflict and I think a character like House would have those in the work place that despise him.

Old October 4th, 2007   Greg Waite is offline   #5
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

All I know is that House will have 6 workers with him.

Chase, Cameron, Foreman

The new 3 are: ??????????

Plus Cuddy and Wilson

If House was a real doctor, everyone at my house would go to him for the medical problems.

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old May 20th, 2008   Amentep is offline   #6
Amentep

Anyone else thing that the two-part finale for HOUSE season 4 to be some of the most sad and depressing television ever?

Man the last half hour was relentless in its depressive qualities...

Old May 20th, 2008   red lantern is offline   #7
red lantern*
Now with less rage!

I thought the last episode was really well played by the actors and that the emotions that came across were excellent.

I also like that there was real character development and that the series moved forward as a whole.

And finally, I like how fat fred durst looked.

Red Lantern: Occasional poster to comicbloc and a frequent menace to the raging bullets podcast and forums.
Old May 20th, 2008   Jay West is offline   #8
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

I thought the last episode was really well played by the actors and that the emotions that came across were excellent.

I also like that there was real character development and that the series moved forward as a whole.

ddf
red lantern View Post
Great episode. I really like Kumar and the older male assistant. I am so so on 13. I enjoy the roles Foreman and Chase have grown into. Still not sure about Cameron's role. I was never a huge Chase fan, but I love that he is this guy that is basically a jerk to House that shows up every now and again.

Wilson is my favorite character on this show and one of my tops in TV (Jack Bauer, Seely Booth, and House himself are a few of the others). THe actor who plays him just knocked it out of the park tonight. Are there emmy's for single episode? If there are he should get one for the this.

Old May 20th, 2008   Jay West is offline   #9
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

ddf
red lantern View Post
I think fat Fred Durst should be a regular guest star on Fox TV's shows. He could work the diner on Bones, be a random CTU analyst on 24, an inmate on Prison Break. Then they could cap it off by letting him set in the crowd on American Idol. The camera could zoom in on him and Seacrest could say "Look, everyone it's Fat Fred Durst." They could have a whole fat Fred Durst week!

Old May 20th, 2008   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #10
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

Anyone else thing that the two-part finale for HOUSE season 4 to be some of the most sad and depressing television ever?

Man the last half hour was relentless in its depressive qualities...
ddf
Amentep View Post
it was pretty amazing. seems like it's setting up another string of House is a little less of a douche time. they've done it a couple times and it was kind of interesting how he's shifted in and out of a wallowing depression. Some interesting set-ups at the end there. either this is going to lead to a less depressive house for half a season or Wilson will hate him for a while which will make him even crazier. and yeah. I love halucinating crazy house episodes like this and the finale of season 2

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

X-Box Live : Scion of Mogo
PSN : Scion_of_Mogo
Steam : Scion_of_Mogo
Old May 20th, 2008   Amentep is offline   #11
Amentep

ddf
red lantern View Post
Oh yeah it was well acted and well scripted and just totally heart wrinching.

Kinda like I'm really glad I wasn't depressed when I watched the episode, ya know?

Wilson is my favorite character on this show and one of my tops in TV (Jack Bauer, Seely Booth, and House himself are a few of the others). THe actor who plays him just knocked it out of the park tonight. Are there emmy's for single episode? If there are he should get one for the this.
ddf
Jay West View Post
IIRC, the production sends in an episode for a particular consideration, so if I understand it correctly they could send this in for consideration for the award for the actor who plays Wilson.