The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old April 5th, 2006   Ohoni is offline   #129
Ohoni
persona non grata

I'm sorry, I can't stick around. I've been reading about these characters for almost a decade now, except that they aren't in the book anymore. Teen Titans 34 featured nothing that kept me buying the book month after month since A World Without Grown-Ups. Maybe it'll get better over this year, but why should I bother paying to find out when there's nothing there for me now? The first OYL books should hook you, they should give you a reason to keep reading the book, like Birds of Prey did. They shouldn't jump the shark like this.

Old April 5th, 2006   DefenderOfTerra is offline   #130
DefenderOfTerra
Can't I be Titans Flash?

Yea Tony, I'm in love with your new style. Amazing. And I loved everything about this issue.

Especially Raven's new costume. Great!

Defender for the origin all incarnations of Terra

Remember remember the fifth of November...

V for Vendetta
Old April 5th, 2006   Bill Walko is offline   #131
Bill Walko
Comrade

OK, its official. They really are trying to echo the animated series in the look of the characters. Raven's costume looks reminsicent (but not completely) of the animated, Gar's Doom Patrol outfit is basically a modified version of the cartoon's, and now Bumblebee looks almost exactly like her animated counterpart.

Don't know if I like this or not.
ddf
DeTroyes
1. The costumes work better on the 'young' toon characters.. I think Beast Boy and Bumblebee look silly...

2. The animated series is done, so I dont understand the desire to link up the comic at this point...

3. I'd rather see brand-new ground-up designs for OYL

Cassie looks better than I thought tho!

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.
Old April 5th, 2006   Roy Harper is offline   #132
Roy Harper
Tar Aquino

1. The costumes work better on the 'young' toon characters.. I think Beast Boy and Bumblebee look silly...

2. The animated series is done, so I dont understand the desire to link up the comic at this point...

ddf
Bill Walko
I agree 100%.

Old April 5th, 2006   Primal Slayer is offline   #133
Primal Slayer
Geoffan

I'm sorry, I can't stick around. I've been reading about these characters for almost a decade now, except that they aren't in the book anymore. Teen Titans 34 featured nothing that kept me buying the book month after month since A World Without Grown-Ups. Maybe it'll get better over this year, but why should I bother paying to find out when there's nothing there for me now? The first OYL books should hook you, they should give you a reason to keep reading the book, like Birds of Prey did. They shouldn't jump the shark like this.
ddf
Ohoni
Well seeing as though they all are teenagers, you cant expect everything to go over smoothly for them all the time.

You cant expect every book to be the same. Outsiders saw the entrance of a new member and personality changes. Dick and Babs arent together anymore. Batman is more friendlier then when we last saw him, Tim is wanted for murder, BOP showed the entrance of Jade Canary and feelings between Oracle and BC are different it seems since when we last saw them a year ago. Aquamans title introduced a brand new charecter and Orin is missing, Superman has become powerless and relies on help of others. A lot of things changed OYL and TeenTitans isnt any different.

Old April 5th, 2006   madscientist is offline   #134
madscientist

I didnt really care for Raven's new outfit, what little we've seen of it. Hopefully later issues it will be more front and center and we get a better look at it. There are clear ties to her animated costume in terms of the gems and the belt while losing her icon (the stylized geometric Raven).

Old April 5th, 2006   Nightwing826 is offline   #135
Nightwing826
The New Champion

Raven could be on Titans East or Shadowpact at some point.

The biggest Freddy Freeman fan.
Old April 5th, 2006   Saturn Girl is offline   #136
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

Most of the costume redesigns looked fine, and Tim's new look looked great...the only ones I didn't care for were Beast Boy and Bumblebee. I would've liked to see a little originality instead of ripping off the cartoon. Gar looks too inky with all the black, and Karen's hair looks RIDICULOUS.

But like I said, Robin looked fabulous.

Old April 5th, 2006   DeTroyes is offline   #137
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

ddf
Bill Walko
While tending to agree with you on these points, I gotta admit, costumes are actually kind of low on the priority list for me. I mean, when your flagship male character runs around in blue tights and a bright red cape, there comes a point where you just accept odd sartorial tastes as part of the landscape. To me, what the writers actually do with the characters, what stories they tell with them and how they tell them, have usually been far more important than how the characters dress.

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old April 5th, 2006   Nightwing826 is offline   #138
Nightwing826
The New Champion

Yeah, Robin is fine. Who thought of it I wonder?

Old April 5th, 2006   Wally West888 is offline   #139
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

I believe, Rose's Costume should be Different, I mean i don't mind it looking Like Her Father's but I think she looks better without Cowl/Mask on.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old April 5th, 2006   headshake is offline   #140
headshake

The fact that there are mysteries here, and that we aren't going to get every answer right away.

A new Doom Patrol that honors all DPs (including Morrison's DP) -- now let's just hope there's no Nudge or Grunt!

Karen and Gar as members of the Doom Patrol

Zatara (wha--?! how--!?)

Robin's costume

Kid Devil and Ravager -- could this team actually be COOL instead of just being the nerdy rich kids?

Ravager & Cassie's exchange regarding Rose's swords

Not Exactly Dislikes:
Wendy and Marvin (this is almost TOO cheeky)

Old April 5th, 2006   Bill Walko is offline   #141
Bill Walko
Comrade

I loved all the scenes with Rose. Can't wait to see how she plays out as a Titan!

Loved the scene with Cassie. Well played.

The art also looked purty. Tony gets better each ish.

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.
Old April 5th, 2006   Nightwing826 is offline   #142
Nightwing826
The New Champion

I think the team can be very cool. I think Speedy and Ravager will be a good team. Also, I am hoping we see a couple other cool members.

Old April 5th, 2006   scotty2hotty is offline   #143
scotty2hotty
Advanced Geoffan

Wonder Girl looks cool.

Old April 5th, 2006   PMH is offline   #144
PMH
Freedom Fighter

I loved this issue! One of the OYL books that I was really looking forward to and I was not let down at all! Tony's artwork looked amazing and Geoff's story had me questioning and wanting more. I loved how the story opened with Cyborg's memory being downloaded. Great way to fill us in on some of the stuff that happened during the missing year. The wonder twins were interesting too, if they don't become goofy like their superfriend counterparts, then I won't mind seem them in the book.

It looks like a new era of Titan greatness is upon us and i can't wait to read more!

"I don't imagine there will be any X-Men similarities. Except when Damage starts smoking cigars and calling everyone "Bub."

SNIKT!" -Matt Sturges