The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old May 16th, 2006   cmooreiii is offline   #1
cmooreiii

Default DC Turns Spotlight on Batman in Absolute Dark Knight

News from Diamond Distributors:

DC Turns Spotlight on Batman in Absolute Dark Knight

Hailed as a modern comic book masterpiece, Frank Miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and its equally provocative sequel, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, get the deluxe oversized treatment in DC Comics' massive, single-volume Absolute Dark Knight HC (MAY06 0129, $99.99), a Gem of the Month in the May Previews!

Comics legend Miller writes and illustrates both landmark tales, which feature colors by longtime Miller partner Lynn Varley, while The Dark Knight Returns sports inks by Klaus Janson, Miller's collaborator on Marvel Comics' critically acclaimed Daredevil. Miller's star is shining brighter than ever thanks to a host of successful comic and movie projects, including DC's All Star Batman and Robin, the Sin City motion picture and its announced sequel, the upcoming 300 film adaptation and more.

In addition to both acclaimed Dark Knight stories, this hefty tome features an extended sketch section from The Dark Knight Strikes Again with commentary by Miller, a look at the plot and pencils from the stunning finale to The Dark Knight Returns and much more. Additionally, Miller provides a new introduction, cover and slipcase art for this 512-page, full-color edition.

The Absolute Dark Knight HC is scheduled to arrive in stores August 30.

Comic Related - www.comicrelated.com
News, reviews, covers, forums, links, film updates and much more!
Updated 365 days a year.
Old May 16th, 2006   Matches is offline   #2
Matches
stepping aside

I think this looks cool, but I've already got the leatherbound collection of DKR and Y1, and the DKSA HC. I'd trade up on the DKSA HC, but I'm not parting with the leatherbound collection, so $99.99's a bit too steep.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old May 16th, 2006   Brian Miller is offline   #3
Brian Miller
Advanced Geoffan

Too expensive.

Abraham Lincoln once said that 'If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North' - Michael Scott
Old May 16th, 2006   Thunderflash11 is offline   #4
Thunderflash11
Supreme Geoffan

i haven't yet got those two, so this book is right up my alley. I'm in.

Old May 16th, 2006   cmooreiii is offline   #5
cmooreiii

Yea, having the originals, I think I'll probably pass on the Absolute Edition. I'm lucky enough to also own one of the numbered, signed hardbacks of the first Dark Knight series so that's privileged enough for me.

Comic Related - www.comicrelated.com
News, reviews, covers, forums, links, film updates and much more!
Updated 365 days a year.