The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics > Aquaman

Old May 20th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Question SPOILERS Aquaman issue #20 Preview & Discussion

NEWSARAMA PREVIEW

We're throwing out the usual solicitation copy because it's changed since it's original release. Here is how DC describes the fill-in issue written by John Ostrander and illustrated by Manuel Garcia, Sandra Hope, Rob Hunter, Ray McCarthy, Wayne Faucher, and Pete Pantazis.

"In the aftermath of the conflict between Atlantis and the United States, the Others find themselves in the Arizona desert in an effort to recover a powerful piece Atlantean weaponry. Will they find it before it falls into the wrong hands? And while in their last adventure, the Others lost two members, they gain a new one in issue #20. But what role does this mysterious new character, Sky, have to play and can this woman who walks between the realms of the living and the dead be trusted?
ddf

Old May 22nd, 2013   Penny Dreadful is offline   #2
Penny Dreadful
At times dark, never grim

Hey DC! If Ostrander is the writer and Manuel Garcia the artist, then why are Geoff Johns and Paul Pelletier's names on the cover of the book? It's even in the CBR preview! Talk about WTF Certified!

On a long, extended break from massive comic-book events.
Old May 23rd, 2013   mego joe is offline   #3
mego joe
Geoffan

Despite the fill in nature of this issue I enjoyed it. In the old days it was not uncommon for this to happen so that the issue made it to the stands.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old May 24th, 2013   imarriedsatanII is offline   #4
imarriedsatanII
Horseman of the Calypso

If Ostrander were to come out with a book for "The Others" featuring these characters, Sky and the other new member hinted at... and Arthur (no reason he can't work with them from time to time), I'd totally buy it.

"Something profound" - Me
Old May 24th, 2013   mego joe is offline   #5
mego joe
Geoffan

If Ostrander were to come out with a book for "The Others" featuring these characters, Sky and the other new member hinted at... and Arthur (no reason he can't work with them from time to time), I'd totally buy it.
ddf
imarriedsatanII View Post
I think I would too.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me