The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics > Aquaman

Old June 4th, 2014   mego joe is offline   #1
mego joe
Geoffan

Default Aquaman & the Others #3

I find this title to be quite good. I am enjoying it nearly as much as the main book. Good job Dan, Lan and team!

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old June 5th, 2014   WeirdoLegionnaire is offline   #2
WeirdoLegionnaire
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Yep, this is a very nice read every month.

Would anyone have guessed 2 years ago that Aquaman would have 2 awesome titles on that stands at one time? Not to mention his crossover with Swamp Thing!

Old June 5th, 2014   mego joe is offline   #3
mego joe
Geoffan

Yep, this is a very nice read every month.

Would anyone have guessed 2 years ago that Aquaman would have 2 awesome titles on that stands at one time? Not to mention his crossover with Swamp Thing!
ddf
WeirdoLegionnaire View Post
I found the swamp thing crossover a little awkward. I get these titles anyway, but the way they were pitted against each other felt wrong.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old June 6th, 2014   WeirdoLegionnaire is offline   #4
WeirdoLegionnaire
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Having just read those issues last night - I know what you mean.

In Swamp Thing's title - Swampy was cool and calm, Aquaman was kind of a jerk who wouldn't listen. In Aquaman's title - Swampy was kind of aloof and a intentionally being difficult.

I think it's just because they needed some kind of conflict, and each guy had to look like he was "right" in his own title.

It's still pretty awesome that those two crossed over though, I started reading comics about 10 years ago and between Aquaman's status and Swampy at the time being Vertigo exclusive, I thought this was something we'd never see.