The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old February 8th, 2014   JRM is offline   #1
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Unhappy Fun Tread - What was your favorite Text page?

Okay a fun thread, eh

Just reading an old 1970's All-Star issue, and the "Daily Planet" with 'the Answer Man' feature was in it. It got me thinking...

So off all the various different versions of the DC text pages that have appeared over the years what was your favourite and why. Sure throw in comments about ones you didn't like if you wish.

Take care all,

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old February 8th, 2014   JRM is offline   #2
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Okay,

I think that my favourite ones were the "Meanwhile..." pages written by Dick Giordano. They always felt sincere to me.

The ones that made me cringe the most were the ones that Didio puts out. They drip in cynicism and mockery - at least to my eyes.

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old February 8th, 2014   Scott Mateo is offline   #3
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Okay,

I think that my favourite ones were the "Meanwhile..." pages written by Dick Giordano. They always felt sincere to me.
ddf
JRM View Post
Bob Rozakis and Michael Eury did some good columns too, but Dick was indeed the best. Accept no substitutes.

"Thank You and Good Afternoon."

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis