The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old September 23rd, 2015   Amentep is offline   #49
Amentep

Bleh. It was September.

Then again it has also been August, July, June, and May at least. I wonder what the deal is? I mean at least they didn't come out with issue #1 and wait 6-7 months for issue #2 (like Sabrina did), but still I have to wonder at this point if I'll remember I'm looking for it by the time it finally comes out...

Old September 27th, 2015   leonmallett is offline   #50
leonmallett
comics fan

I hope they can get to the stage of producing concurrent Dark Circle books on a regular schedule - that is fundamental to sustainability IMHO.

The new 52 - probably not for me...
Old September 28th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #51
Amentep

Bleeding Cool is reporting Archie has let go 6 people from their production side of things. Not sure what is up there, hope its not a sign the company is in trouble.

Old September 28th, 2015   mego joe is offline   #52
mego joe
Geoffan

It's been a while since we've seen an Afterlife with Archie as well.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old September 29th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #53
Amentep

Makes me wish that - instead of being pilloried for trying to do a kickstarter - people had supported it.

Old October 19th, 2015   BrianT is offline   #54
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

I never had a problem with them running a Kickstarter per se, but they went about theirs the complete wrong way. Not being forthcoming about the reason for the campaign and offer as a reward books that retailers had already ordered (or were at least solicited). No one to blame but themselves there.

That said, looking forward to THE SHIELD #1 this week.

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old November 10th, 2015   BrianT is offline   #55
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Well, the October sales numbers are in and I think it's safe to say the hiatus hurt the Dark Circle books overall. THE SHIELD #1 came in around 7,100. Likely rounded down a bit due to its assumed returnability for lateness. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG placed better. THE BLACK HOOD #6, which featured art from Howard Chaykin, failed to crack the Top 300 and came in at just under 4k. Again, it was adjusted down due to returnability (though I don't recall this one being late). TBH #5 sold 5400, so that's a significant decline.

I don't know what Archie's sales threshold is, but if readers want the current creative teams to stay in place, these numbers likely need to improve (or not decline much in THE SHIELD's case.

Subscribe to my page
Old November 11th, 2015   leonmallett is offline   #56
leonmallett
comics fan

Well, the October sales numbers are in and I think it's safe to say the hiatus hurt the Dark Circle books overall. THE SHIELD #1 came in around 7,100. Likely rounded down a bit due to its assumed returnability for lateness. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG placed better. THE BLACK HOOD #6, which featured art from Howard Chaykin, failed to crack the Top 300 and came in at just under 4k. Again, it was adjusted down due to returnability (though I don't recall this one being late). TBH #5 sold 5400, so that's a significant decline.

I don't know what Archie's sales threshold is, but if readers want the current creative teams to stay in place, these numbers likely need to improve (or not decline much in THE SHIELD's case.
ddf
BrianT View Post
That is only going to happen with a range of monthly books. Like you Brian, I think taking a hiatus hurts a line that has not yet established itself.

The new 52 - probably not for me...
Old November 11th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #57
Amentep

I'll buy them when I find them!

Old November 11th, 2015   BrianT is offline   #58
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

I hope they get them in for you. Shouldn't take much longer than it has for a re-order.

If the issue persists, perhaps I could reach out to Alex Segura and he may be able to help your retailer.

Subscribe to my page
Old November 13th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #59
Amentep

We'll see, hope to check this weekend and see what happens (I can't get there weekly but had made the trip just to get SHIELD 1).

Old November 16th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #60
Amentep

Well they're definitely sold out of THE SHIELD. Did get Black Hood and Hangman. Might try a different shop on Wednesday and see if they have any.

Old November 16th, 2015   BrianT is offline   #61
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Is Diamond sold out of THE SHIELD #1 too?

Subscribe to my page
Old November 17th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #62
Amentep

Not sure; I'm not on a pull list anywhere and usually just check the local shops to see what I can get because it may be months before I can get to a shop.

Old November 17th, 2015   BrianT is offline   #63
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

I don't have a pull list either, but the shop I generally go to will hold a book for me if I call and ask them to once it's out.

Subscribe to my page
Old November 18th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #64
Amentep

He might have; didn't ask as I wasn't sure when I was going to get there and I hate to leave someone holding product when I'm not sure when I might get there to pay for it (which is why I don't do pull lists).