The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old October 10th, 2009   mmk123 is offline   #1
mmk123
Geoffan

Default Statement on Teen Titans Creative team at Baltimore Comic Con

This was mentioned in the Live Q & A coverage that was on Newsarama's coverage of the Baltimore Comic con

"A: Static will be around in Teen Titans for sure, no matter who the creative team (still in flux) will be."

I know that JT Krul is writing TT#77-78 but I thought that Felicia Henderson was the regular writer on the title and that the creative was pretty stable for now. Is there going to be another creative team shake up on the title?

Old October 10th, 2009   Werehunter is offline   #2
Werehunter
Master Geoffan

DC so needs to figure out what the hell they are going to do with the Titans. They are just looking like amateurs when it comes to this title. Too many times it seems like they change directions again before the previous change even starts.

Old October 10th, 2009   ggiandonato is offline   #3
ggiandonato
Master Geoffan

Well, JT Krul was so well received that I'm wondering if he won't be the regular writer.

Old October 10th, 2009   teencomicgeek is offline   #4
teencomicgeek
Whovian

It's sad. Not just the Titan/Teen Titans franchise, but the fact that Felicia Henderson may be leaving with Angela Robinson, who is being replaced on THE WEB by Matt Sturges. I know some people recognized and appreciated two African American women writing comics for DC.

Old October 10th, 2009   michealdark is offline   #5
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Well, JT Krul was so well received that I'm wondering if he won't be the regular writer.
ddf
ggiandonato View Post

That's what I'm thinking. I know I was calling for him, but more so for the main Titans title. I don't want to be the reasons for Felicia possibly being off the title.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old October 10th, 2009   Wally West888 is offline   #6
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

Well if JT Krul goes on Teen Titans then I can start buying it then because I like his writing.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old October 11th, 2009   conditionals is offline   #7
conditionals

I feel so bad for Felicia Henderson. DC really can be pretty nasty.

"Oh, you know that book you were going to write for us? That we announced months ago? The one you did all those interviews about? Probably celebrated the news with friends and family? Had a little party perhaps? Yeah... not so much anymore. There's the door, you can show yourself out".

Old October 11th, 2009   TheRay is offline   #8
TheRay
Supreme Geoffan

I feel so bad for Felicia Henderson. DC really can be pretty nasty.

"Oh, you know that book you were going to write for us? That we announced months ago? The one you did all those interviews about? Probably celebrated the news with friends and family? Had a little party perhaps? Yeah... not so much anymore. There's the door, you can show yourself out".
ddf
conditionals View Post
Don't be too quick to judge on this, it may be that Felicia removed herself from the title to something else more to her liking. Creative team changes aren't always the "big, bad publisher bullying people around."

http://www.facebook.com/daniel.penland
Xbox Live ID: TrumpetDan
Playstation Network ID: TheRay3
Steam: TrumpetDan
Old October 11th, 2009   curiouswanderer is offline   #9
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

It is a shame that Felicia might not be on the title for too long, but as someone else pointed out it might be that she is the one who chose to leave. She has a pretty heavy schedule in Hollywood as it is from what I understand. After reading an interview I was amazed she had the time for a comic book.

As for who follows her up? I would love to see JT Krull come on board. His BN: Titans work has been some of the best those characters have seen in a long time.

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien
Old October 11th, 2009   Timekeeper is offline   #10
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

I, too, would rather see JT Krul on Teen Titans. If they could get Tony Daniel back on the title it'd be a great combination.

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old October 11th, 2009   Saturn Girl is offline   #11
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

I'm not sure Felicia Henderson was doing a lot of celebrating when she got a job writing comics after writing for television. I'm certainly no expert, but I'm betting there was a substantial cut in pay. If Ms. Henderson is no longer writing Teen Titans, I hope it is because she found more lucrative employment and not because DC had any issues with her work.

I'm on the fence about J.T. Krul. While the first issue of BN Titans had promise, the second issue lacked the emotional oomph that should have been there (given the horrific circumstances) and didn't feel like it went anywhere past the initial set up.

I am the one who knocks.
Old October 12th, 2009   conditionals is offline   #12
conditionals

OK OK, I admit I jumped to conclusions there. It is probably likely that she left.

I'm guess I'm still hung up about Sean McKeever being pushed off (which I'm about 87% sure he was).

Old October 12th, 2009   Astro is offline   #13
Astro
Geoffan

Krul's work is so pedestrian. I can't believe he's so well received here. I suspect that it's more the sheen of him working with a bunch of characters everyone likes, rather than him actually composing a good story.

I'd rather see someone with creative, different ideas on the title. I hope to god it's no Krul.

Old October 12th, 2009   JRM is offline   #14
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Krul's work is so pedestrian. I can't believe he's so well received here. I suspect that it's more the sheen of him working with a bunch of characters everyone likes, rather than him actually composing a good story.

I'd rather see someone with creative, different ideas on the title. I hope to god it's no Krul.
ddf
Astro View Post
Isn't this a bit rough for someone who has three Titan's related books out.

Overall, The only ones that look bad in this is management - How can DC look to gain exclusives and free-lancers if this is the general treatment of them. The Titan's bouncy ball needs to be squarely layed at the feet of Editorial, for not really settling on an approach and team and then really supporting them. It seems like only the super-stars receive creative support and respect from management. Pitty - sooner or later many fine creators are going to look elsewhere.

Remember, some guy name Geoff Johns was one a rookie who DC allowed to try a re-imagining of the old SSK concept and then threw him an event mini and now look at him.

JIm

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old October 13th, 2009   SageShinigami is offline   #15
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

ddf
Astro View Post
Wow. We usually see more...hm...fair comments from you, Astro. Why the Krul hate?

I know some people recognized and appreciated two African American women writing comics for DC.
ddf
I'm an "African American" and I gotta say...who cares. I prefer to hear about talented writers taking over.

As far as this...curious. Very curious, methinks. With James basically jacking half the Titans team to be on his Justice League (which shouldn't have been so blatant, now it feels like its just Sidekick's League until the big guns come back), this means Titans AND TT are in poor shape.

Jumping in Headfirst - My blog, where I attempt to not suck at writing. Media stuff. Not so much about my personal life.
Old October 13th, 2009   michealdark is offline   #16
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

ddf
Astro View Post
Dude, much as I'd like to see it, I doubt we're ever gonna get Scott McCloud or Jessica Abel on this book.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara