The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old May 3rd, 2007   JediEric is offline   #1
JediEric

Default Sooo....What earth did OYL take place on?

Just a little confused...Can anyone clarify what earth the current stories are happening on, if Captain Marvel and co. were on their own Earth all this time, etc??

Thanks

Old May 3rd, 2007   Danjester is offline   #2
Danjester
Batman-Wannabe Horseman

I think that Earth Shazam isn't where Capt. M and co are.

Well I do, but I think it's more likely that earth is one where the only heroes are the Fawcett ones, so there's still a Captain M in the regular DCU.

"Rubber-stamping most of DC's output as S.A.W.F. since 2005"
Old May 3rd, 2007   Dokhou is offline   #3
Dokhou
Advanced Geoffan

I think that Earth Shazam isn't where Capt. M and co are.

Well I do, but I think it's more likely that earth is one where the only heroes are the Fawcett ones, so there's still a Captain M in the regular DCU.
ddf
Danjester View Post
Thats the way I read it too. Captain Marvel is on both worlds just different versions of him. I was happy to see Earth 2 is back and both Power Girl and their Superman are missing (over on New Earth). so now for the first time we have more than one Justice Society, the Earth 2 JSA and the New Earth JSA!

But hey, thats just my opinion..

Hawkeye is back!
Old May 3rd, 2007   datalore is offline   #4
datalore
Advanced Geoffan

Earth-52!

http://www.saac-mcr.com/main/myford/ "Anyone who has said words can't hurt you...has never been hit by a dictionary!"
Old May 3rd, 2007   GDL629 is offline   #5
GDL629
Omega Man

So I hope that soon we'll be seeing the Earth-2 Huntress, Robin, Star Spangled Kid, Superman (And dare I hope?) Batman and Sandman?

wwwOVOwww
Old May 3rd, 2007   DeTroyes is offline   #6
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

Thats the way I read it too. Captain Marvel is on both worlds just different versions of him.
ddf
Dokhou View Post
That's the way I read it too. Just like there are two universes in which a Vic Sage existed.

And getting back to CM... In point of fact, there are actually at least THREE Captain Marvels now -- The New Earth one, the Earth-5 one, and the Earth-22 (Kingdom Come) one.

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old May 3rd, 2007   Jay West is offline   #7
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

Yeah, that is what I got. It is like we have a Post Crisis (original Crisis) Earth in a pre crisis mulitiverse.

Old May 3rd, 2007   Thrillho is offline   #8
Thrillho
Master Geoffan

So I hope that soon we'll be seeing the Earth-2 Huntress, Robin, Star Spangled Kid, Superman (And dare I hope?) Batman and Sandman?
ddf
GDL629 View Post
The Earth-2 Batman is dead. I don't know whether this is common knowledge any longer, but as originally conceived (pre-Crisis), the Huntress was the daughter of the Earth-2 Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, following in her father's footsteps (though her costume contained elements of both her mother's and father's unitards). The character was intriguing enough that they retrofitted her into the post-Crisis world, albeit with massive alterations: Helena Bertinelli rather than Helena Wayne, mob legacy rather than heroic legacy, etc.

When New Earth Catwoman had her baby, she named her Helena -- to me that's something of a nod that, in 25 years' time, she'll be doing the Huntress thing herself.

(Anyone got a scan of the new Earth-2 Huntress costume? I only glanced through the comic at the store, and was so pleased to see Helena Wayne back that I didn't even notice any costume alterations.)

Old May 3rd, 2007   Thrillho is offline   #9
Thrillho
Master Geoffan

Yeah, that is what I got. It is like we have a Post Crisis (original Crisis) Earth in a pre crisis mulitiverse.
ddf
Jay West View Post
Somewhere, there is a DC Comics fan who went into a coma in 1983. I want to be there when he wakes up and he asks what's new in the world of comics.

Old May 3rd, 2007   zekeman1 is offline   #10
zekeman1
Master Geoffan

earth fred, it has a mustache .

bob

ben, does it have a hemi ?
Old May 3rd, 2007   stephbarton is offline   #11
stephbarton

OYL and all the stories out right now take place on "New Earth"

What happened, is originally the New Earth just had 52 identical (actually 51 identical) copies out there, then Mr. Mind came and started "devouring" parts of the history, changin 51 of those Earths into different versions of New Earth. So we have the classic JSA Earth-2 (with their own version of Jay Garrick Flash) we have the Marvels of Earth-5, who are just alternate versions of the Marvels on this Earth (and hopefully we'll see more of the alternate soon) and so on and so forth.

I'm glad they did the multiverse like this, I was aftraid they would go back to Pre-Crisis continuity where the JSA was on a seperate Earth from the JLA and such, now we have a post-COIE history, but with endless (actually 51) variations through the multiverse. The only thing that could have made this issue better was if they had showed each Legion on a seperate world as well

Old May 3rd, 2007   Thrillho is offline   #12
Thrillho
Master Geoffan

(Anyone got a scan of the new Earth-2 Huntress costume? I only glanced through the comic at the store, and was so pleased to see Helena Wayne back that I didn't even notice any costume alterations.)
ddf
Thrillho View Post
Nevermind, found it on the other thread:

Old May 3rd, 2007   Danjester is offline   #13
Danjester
Batman-Wannabe Horseman

Wow, kinky S&M Huntress...

"Rubber-stamping most of DC's output as S.A.W.F. since 2005"
Old May 3rd, 2007   Thrillho is offline   #14
Thrillho
Master Geoffan

Nevermind, found it on the other thread:

ddf
Thrillho View Post
Questions about that panel:

1) Are reporters at the Gotham Gazette the laziest people on earth? When your lead story (with a 72-point headline) is "Kryptonians Still Missing" -- with no new information in 22 years -- well, your reporters just aren't trying.

2) What in the world is actually happening in that panel? Are they all mad at Dr. Fate because the Kryptonians are still missing? Did Helena discover that Dr. Fate was the one stealing the JSA's newspaper every morning?

Old May 3rd, 2007   hoyatables is offline   #15
hoyatables
Mild-Mannered Attorney

And why does Jay Garrick look like Mento?

Old May 3rd, 2007   DeTroyes is offline   #16
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

And why does Jay Garrick look like Mento?
ddf
hoyatables View Post
THANK YOU!! I'm not the only one who made that connection.

When I first glanced at it, I thought he WAS Mento. And I thought "Wow. Mento in the JSA. Cool!"

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.