The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Back Issues: Geoff Johns

Back Issues: Geoff Johns Talk about Geoff's older work here

Old August 15th, 2008   Rick Havoc is offline   #1
Rick Havoc

Default All-Star Batgirl

Please forgive me for asking a question that's probably been answered elsewhere (and, ideally, shouldn't have been asked in the back issue forum), BUT: 1) I'm new here, and B) I can't find the answer anywhere else. So here goes:

Is the proposed All-Star Batgirl series (written by Geoff and illustrated by J.G. Jones) still going to happen? I saw numerous references to it in 2006/07, but nothing lately. I know Geoff's schedule is packed right now, so I can understand if it's been pushed back. But please don't tell me it's been cancelled outright. Thanks in advance for any conclusive info.

There is a right and a wrong in the universe, and the distinction is not difficult to make.
Elliot S! Maggin
Old August 15th, 2008   clarkent1982 is offline   #2
clarkent1982*
Citizen

The series on a huge hold. Jones is drawing his ass of on Final Crisis might need a break after that while Geoff is writing event after event.

So it is going to a long while.

Newsarama journalists ask these questions to Joe Q and Dan Buckley: Why place a $3.99 price tag for only 22 page of materiel?
Old August 15th, 2008   Rick Havoc is offline   #3
Rick Havoc

That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation!

There is a right and a wrong in the universe, and the distinction is not difficult to make.
Elliot S! Maggin
Old August 16th, 2008   Mill4rd is offline   #4
Mill4rd
persona non grata

I'm hoping they both get this off the ground but i think J.G said FC is his last work for DC, he was going to go to Marvel before but DC wanted to keep him so they put him as an artist for FC.

Old August 16th, 2008   Gorbunov Andrey is offline   #5
Gorbunov Andrey
Neo Geoffan

Isn't DiDi said in the beginning of the year that they're searching brand-new creative team for this mini. So Geoff seems jumped off too.

communistic bastard
Old August 16th, 2008   Mill4rd is offline   #6
Mill4rd
persona non grata

Isn't DiDi said in the beginning of the year that they're searching brand-new creative team for this mini. So Geoff seems jumped off too.
ddf
Gorbunov Andrey View Post
Really? Where? (Link)

Old August 16th, 2008   masterjedi is offline   #7
masterjedi

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=12909

"All-Star Batgirl" is confirmed to be on hold with a new creative team being sought to bring the title to life. DiDio said Geoff Johns and JG Jones were pulled in two different directions, with Johns writing the rumored Legion miniseries and JG Jones drawing "Final Crisis."

You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them.
Old August 16th, 2008   NickKicksAssTomorrow is offline   #8
NickKicksAssTomorrow

i remember when they made the announcement that johns and jones were going to do 'all star batgirl' but then said that the series wouldn't be ready for at least a year.

That kind of pisses me off.

Why do comic book companies make such big announcements that get fanboys, myself included, excited only for the companies to say, "opps, nevermind."

Kind of irresponsible on the companies.

Any body remember the announcements that kevin smith was going to take over as writer of 'amazing spider-man' and that never happened. or Smith's 'Brave and the Bold' relaunch, which also never happened.

At least all-star wonder woman is still happening.

My Web Comic: Heavenly

my other site!
Old August 16th, 2008   michealdark is offline   #9
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

When this finally does get off the ground, I'm probably gonna get it just to read it next to All-Star Batman and Robin to see just how radically different Frank's version of Babs is going to be compared to this (it's safe to assume this is Babs' book right, not Cass'?). That is when Frank ever comes back to ASBAR. That's kinda the good and the bad thing about the All-Star books, is that they really let the creators work at a relaxed pace with them. (for example, as far as I know All-Star Superman has never been cancelled even though it's been how long since the last issue came out?)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old August 19th, 2008   Kyle Sing is offline   #10
Kyle Sing
Geoffan

If Geoff isn't doing it why not ask Palmiotti and Gray? They are superb writers as well and with Power Girl and Jonah Hex one could assume they might have room for one more with All-Star Batgirl.

"Sweety, we beat Hitler." -Jay Garrick to Dream Girl in The Lightning Saga
Old August 25th, 2008   Rick Havoc is offline   #11
Rick Havoc

If Geoff isn't doing it why not ask Palmiotti and Gray? They are superb writers as well and with Power Girl and Jonah Hex one could assume they might have room for one more with All-Star Batgirl.
ddf
Kyle Sing View Post
With all due respect to Palmiotti and Gray (and their fans), I don't think they've attained "all-star" status just yet. Isn't that the entire point of the All-Star titles: put fan-fave writer and artist on a fan fave character? That way, when the book is terminally late, you won't mind as much because you know it'll be great... when it eventually drops, that is.

Elliot S! Maggin
Old September 26th, 2008   Tar-Ik is offline   #12
Tar-Ik
Advanced Geoffan

I don't think Goeff would write all star batgirl the way frank potty mouth miller has showen her to be.

why so serious?

twitter: tarik78
psn: tar-ik78
Old September 27th, 2008   Mill4rd is offline   #13
Mill4rd
persona non grata

I don't think Goeff would write all star batgirl the way frank potty mouth miller has showen her to be.
ddf
Tar-Ik View Post
You do know the All*Star titles don't take place in the same universe?

Old October 3rd, 2008   Kyle Sing is offline   #14
Kyle Sing
Geoffan

With all due respect to Palmiotti and Gray (and their fans), I don't think they've attained "all-star" status just yet. Isn't that the entire point of the All-Star titles: put fan-fave writer and artist on a fan fave character? That way, when the book is terminally late, you won't mind as much because you know it'll be great... when it eventually drops, that is.
ddf
Rick Havoc View Post
You've never read Jonah Hex have you? Check it out and you will see where I am coming from.

Peace,

Kyle

"Sweety, we beat Hitler." -Jay Garrick to Dream Girl in The Lightning Saga
Old October 4th, 2008   SageShinigami is offline   #15
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

i remember when they made the announcement that johns and jones were going to do 'all star batgirl' but then said that the series wouldn't be ready for at least a year.

That kind of pisses me off.

Why do comic book companies make such big announcements that get fanboys, myself included, excited only for the companies to say, "opps, nevermind."

Kind of irresponsible on the companies.

Any body remember the announcements that kevin smith was going to take over as writer of 'amazing spider-man' and that never happened. or Smith's 'Brave and the Bold' relaunch, which also never happened.

At least all-star wonder woman is still happening.
ddf
NickKicksAssTomorrow View Post
Eh. Fans getting pissed when stuff doesn't happen is a bad idea. Its stuff like that that leads to DC not telling us when stuff is coming out until the month of the solicit release.

Which is why we get stuff like DC cancelling Legion but not telling us what's coming next...

Sometimes stuff doesn't happen. Fans need to deal with that.

ddf
Rick Havoc View Post
Eh. If Batgirl can be considered an All-Star character, then Palmiotti and Gray are All-Star writers.

Jumping in Headfirst - My blog, where I attempt to not suck at writing. Media stuff. Not so much about my personal life.
Old December 29th, 2009   Adjoumb09 is offline   #16
Adjoumb09

Default All Star Batgirl

but mam shy, i though the reason why we are asked to put a list of our players in a particular thread under "all star week" was for us to be automatically signedup for the 1 on 1?