The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old April 10th, 2017   starks is offline   #1
starks
Geoffan

Default Dark Nights: Metal

I was in the LCS this past Saturday getting my comics. The guy behind the counter, who I talk to about DC titles, told me that "The Button" storyline (Batman & Flash) is supposed to be a prelude to the Scott Snyder Batman mini-event "Dark Nights: Metal," which is then a prelude to whatever is coming next.

I'm getting "The Button" issues, but have absolutely no interest in "Dark Nights: Metal" and won't be getting it. If it touches titles I presently get, fine, but this is one DC event I'm sitting out.

Snyder, for me, peaked with the Council of Owls/Talons (which, IMO, was an amazing addition to the Batman mythos) and he hasn't done anything since then of note. I'd actually like to see him do something other than Batman.

So who's in for "Metal" and who's out?

Old April 10th, 2017   Astro@work is offline   #2
[email protected]
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

I'm currently getting a lot of the Bat books (and I confess I'm a bit on Bat overload).

The button crossover has hinted at a return of Jay Garrick, so I'm thinking it's bigger than just another bat story.

Similarly, I'm thinking Dark Knights Metal may also cross over into bigger DCU territory, so will probably get it. I really don't need another Bat-family mega crossover at this point.

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old April 11th, 2017   Matches is offline   #3
Matches
stepping aside

I will be getting Metal. I don't think it has much to do with The Button, though, other than both of them being set in current DCU continuity and having Batman in them. The Button is supposedly picking up on the Watchmen thread from Rebirth, and was plotted by Geoff Johns. Metal appears to be Snyder & Capullo's baby.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old May 9th, 2017   married guy is offline   #4
married guy
The 3 Legged Horseman

I'll be skipping Metal.
I'm over all the events from both Marvel & DC.
All they seem to do now is lead to the next 'Earth shattering' event.

'My name is Wally West. I'm the Flash!'
I'm in a very abusive relationship with DC, and I just keep coming back for more. - Fastest
Old 2 Weeks Ago   saiyan5nine-tails is offline   #5
saiyan5nine-tails

I read the first issue of "Dark Nights: Metal". It is a very interesting concept, and Dream of the Endless is also featuring in the story, so I think this will be a "must read".

Old 1 Week Ago   Whealer is offline   #6
Whealer
Multiverse refugee

So far all of the "metal" books have been very fun to read. Story and art both show knowledge and love for DC and its history

Don't tase me, bro.