The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > The Comic Shop: Creators

The Comic Shop: Creators but wait, there's more!

Old October 22nd, 2011   jafabian is offline   #945
jafabian
I’m not dead.

JT, will you be revisiting any of Captain Atom's Charlton roots at some point? Maybe even doing an update to The Sentinels of Justice? Or introducing some of his Charlton Comics rogues?

Old December 13th, 2011   Deprive is offline   #946
Deprive

Default What where the plans for Superboy and Ravager?

What did you have planned for these two if you got to continue Teen Titans?

Old December 17th, 2011   JT Krul is offline   #947
JT Krul

I just want to say thank you JT Krul for the run on Teen Titans. After all the dark things the team had gone through this last years, your run was like the breath of fresh air the title was in dire need of.
And with #100 in front of me, I can safely say that I was happy that Prime finally got what he had coming and that the 100th issue ended the numbering as it should.

That said, I am a little dissapointed you aren't staying with the title to explore the things you brought up, meaning theres some uestions that now lingers and wont be answered, like;

Why was Solstice having such an influence on Raven? And would the two be able to cope?
Would a love triangle between Conner/Rose/Cassie bring new tension between them all?
Was Lillian Worth really alive? Or was Rose just not considered worth it to bring her mother back during BN?
Theres alot of stuff around Prime thats bothering some of his fans, like his power level.
will the Titans ever become aware of Caligan's existence?
Will Rankor return one day?
And then theres the two spoilers we never got to see; Deathstroke vs. Ravager and Aqualad II's membership.

Finally, I could have personally done without the Raven/Beast Boy shipping, but thats just me that dont understand why people think they are good together. (I see them as a tank of gasoline (Raven) and a fire (Beast Boy), fine apart, dont go well together).

(Btw, if your hands are free now; what was it you imagined Raven doing during Blackest Night? )

But thanks for the ride.
ddf
Outside_85 View Post
Hey Outside...and everyone in general. First off, my sincere apologies for not being by these boards in awhile. With all the New 52 and other things, my schedule has been rather slammed.

Your comment fills me with happy feelings. I loved writing the Teen Titans. Such a special book and cast of characters. I'll try to answer what I can.

As for Solstice and Raven, I always designed Solstice to be the opposite of Raven. Positive energy versus negative energy. Solstice was a beacon of positive emotion and it had an adverse effect on Raven. Not to mention the obvious jealousy she would feel for how Solstice can embrace emotions.

I definitely wanted to explore a relationship between Rose and Conner. I always thought that Cassie was great, but if you think about it, Rose is the most like Lois Lane on the team - abrasive, independent, and a bit snarky. And that's who Clark ended up with - I thought it would get into Conner's head a little bit. Make him think.

For me, yes - Lillian was alive. It was a big story I had planned for some point in time. I had such a great time exploring the rather dysfunctional Wilson family tree, and wanted to explore that more. I loved writing Rose and Deathstroke. That Blackest Night two-parter was so much fun to do.

DC was great in giving me extra issues and pages to let me do the Prime arc and get to issue #100, but the story could have been a bit longer - get into Prime's head a little more. His motivation and world view.

Like i said, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Teen Titans and i had other stories to tell, but these things happen. I am very happy with Captain Atom and have a view other things I'm working on that should be announced sooner than later.

stay tuned.
jt

Old December 17th, 2011   JT Krul is offline   #948
JT Krul

Hey JT,

Just wanted to let you know I bought a page of original comic art from Doug Hazlewood - the page where Gar is watching Pride and Prejudice on TV. I really thought that was one of the best moments of characterization, imho, during your run on TT. It rang true, reminded me of the old days, enough that I wanted the actual page. Thanks.
ddf
tamaranorbust View Post
That's a great page. Love the way Nicola captured Kiera Knightley and Gar is such a romantic at heart.

jt

Old December 17th, 2011   JT Krul is offline   #949
JT Krul

JT, will you be revisiting any of Captain Atom's Charlton roots at some point? Maybe even doing an update to The Sentinels of Justice? Or introducing some of his Charlton Comics rogues?
ddf
jafabian View Post
With the story we are doing, it's a bit more removed from any kind of team-up situation. We really are going for a sci-fi feel more so than a superhero story. We have Eiling showing up now, and down the road we'll be playing more with the past, present, and future of Captain Atom. I am scripting the second arc now, and it's a big, epic story.

jt

Old January 18th, 2012   michealdark is offline   #950
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Man, I feel bad that I didn't notice this had been visited recently, otherwise I would have come up with a question around Christmas time.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old January 18th, 2012   virtuadept is offline   #951
virtuadept
bye.

JT are you kind of bummed that Arsenal got his arm back now? I know I am.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old January 18th, 2012   michealdark is offline   #952
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Please don't be mad at me for this one....

Are you glad that, with Lian being written out, you can now get all that Arsenal stuff off your back and pretend it never happened?

RIP Tara
Old August 4th, 2012   michealdark is offline   #953
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

How you been, bud?

I've only just recently seen the ending of your TT run. What made you decide to give Gar and Raven a happy ending? IIRC, hadn't you worked earlier in your run to try to put an end to that pairing and make them "still friends, but there's too much of a gulf between them now for a couple to work"?

Not complaining. It actually makes this BB/Rae fan overjoyed!

RIP Tara