The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Town Hall > ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People

ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People Everyone gets a blog, subscribe to others' blogs, get feeds, and more!

Old January 18th, 2007   Dover Demon is offline   #433
Dover Demon
Advanced Geoffan

Never mentioned sex. You don't have to be married to get sex if you want it. There are plenty of ways around that. And I agree, it is like a switch. It's the same way for women (well...at least for me it is). I had things I wanted to accomplish before I thought about getting serious with anyone.

One was traveling the world, luck has it that I got to study abroad during college and several times before that. Although whomever I settle down with better darn well love to travel, because I don't plan on stopping that just because I get married It's one of my favorite things to do.

One was moving away from Alabama...luck has it I was able to move away right out of college and start establishing my own life. (this was the biggest one)

One was knowing I was able to support and take care of myself so I don't have to lean on someone else completely...check.

Another was just to get out of school in general. I knew too many girl friends of mine that got married during college and ended up getting pregnant half way thorugh, then they had to care for a baby and go to school. Personally, I just wanted to get school behind me and find a job first.

So....most all of my things I wanted to do before I 'get serious' with someone have pretty much been accomplished. The point I was really trying to make was that older guys seem more keen to being in relationships for the long haul, not just a 'what can you give me here and now baby!' sort of thing. Younger guys aren't all about the long haul and that's fine, it's a personal preference, it's why there is chocolate and vanilla.

I'm saying I've tried the single life...I've done all I really wanted to do...and, as any natural progression in life, I'm ready to move on to other things now. I once saw getting more serious with someone as scary, but that switch went off after I did all I felt personally I needed to accomplish, so I agree. It's just a matter of finding the right person and 'coming into your own' before you're ready for that sort of thing. There's nothing wrong with that, no one should be forced into anything, then it just makes both parties unhappy.

Really the point I was making in a nut shell is that girls seem to have that switch go off sooner than guys their own age, hench why most younger women dig older men (which I guess in the end works out good for both genders? ) And then there's Dover who wants to be a 'playa' for the rest of his life. I know a few guys like that. And believe me...the 'ladyeez' ain't missing out on anything
ddf
kory_anders View Post
Are you just mad because I got so much mileage with women? Marriage at 40 may be very well an option for me. But I will say this on the matter:

"My notion of a wife at 40 is that a man should be able to change her, like a bank note, for two twenties."

Remember you also said that I had little chance of marrying a hot chick when I reach the age of 40 "unless I was Hugh Hefner". Not only do I disagree with you profoundly on this issue, I also find it totally ironic that you would bring up Hugh in the first place. Hugh Hefner is my total inspiration and practically got me turned on to seducing women in the first place. I love reading his magazines, for BOTH the articles and pictures. He made me realize that the nice girl-next-door can be very hot without any clothes on. It was like a revelation to me. You don't need movie stars to fawn over. The girls in your neighborhood are worthy of conquest as well.
Last edited by Dover Demon; January 18th, 2007 at 09:35 PM.

Jor-El (Superman):

"This is no fantasy, no careless product of wild imagination."
Old January 18th, 2007   TitansFan is offline   #434
TitansFan
Titanic Horseman

Yawn

"What kind of Superhero needs to wet himself every hour?" -- TTYO #2

Crazy Titans Fan!

"You have two choices...."

Proud New Yorker
Old January 18th, 2007   BJD is offline   #435
BJD*
Fokker Man

I might get banned for a week for this, but I feel I have to say something. I was watching the Golden Globe awards the other day, and I thought "Man, these speeches are long and boring." When I get inducted into the Playaz Hall of Fame, I'll make my short and to the point. I will just say "I'd like to give a shoutout to all the ****and **** without whom this would not have been possible. Thank you." There is really no need for long-winded speeches at awards show IMHO.
ddf
Dover Demon View Post
Am I the only one, upon reading this, who thought of Jack Nicholson's "ball buster" slide show from Carnal Knowledge?

"Save your excuses for the Devil." Yotsuba, vol.2
Old January 19th, 2007   crawfordcrow is offline   #436
crawfordcrow
Toffee Hammer Horseman

You want a strategy to seduce women?

...Two words: "Fly* wheels", my friend.

Now, go to town, kiddos. And, please... don't hurt 'em.

*I am spearheading a campaign to reassert the late 80's-early 90's slang usage of the word "fly" on comicbloc.

(i.e.: Greg Owens' plaid bowtie is ****in' fly, yo.)

Old January 19th, 2007   Dover Demon is offline   #437
Dover Demon
Advanced Geoffan

I remember a couple of years ago when I first embarked on my journey of self-discovery and sexual conquest. Upon learning my ambitious goals, my friends all said "DD, you so crazy" and "Surely you jest". But when the started seeing my awesome success with women, they quickly volunteered to be my wingmen. Heck, they even gave me a nickname: Pogo. This was because they observed that many MANY women had a strong tendency to want to jump on my stick.

I find that a sense of humor, a confident demeanor and an agile tongue is what attracts women the most. If you have these qualities, women will always help you find a place to bury your bone...

Jor-El (Superman):

"This is no fantasy, no careless product of wild imagination."
Old January 19th, 2007   kory_anders is offline   #438
kory_anders
X'hal!

Are you just mad because I got so much mileage with women? Marriage at 40 may be very well an option for me. But I will say this on the matter:

"My notion of a wife at 40 is that a man should be able to change her, like a bank note, for two twenties."

Remember you also said that I had little chance of marrying a hot chick when I reach the age of 40 "unless I was Hugh Hefner". Not only do I disagree with you profoundly on this issue, I also find it totally ironic that you would bring up Hugh in the first place. Hugh Hefner is my total inspiration and practically got me turned on to seducing women in the first place. I love reading his magazines, for BOTH the articles and pictures. He made me realize that the nice girl-next-door can be very hot without any clothes on. It was like a revelation to me. You don't need movie stars to fawn over. The girls in your neighborhood are worthy of conquest as well.
ddf
Dover Demon View Post
Yawn
ddf
TitansFan View Post

Hahah well TitansFan pretty much sums it up

And my comment wasn't even directed towards you, I know you feel about marriage & women in general. Yadda yadda, I've heard this song and dance before...and once before that...and once before that and...yea well you get the picture
Last edited by kory_anders; January 19th, 2007 at 07:33 AM. Reason: I wasn't talking to Dover?

Old January 19th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #439
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

What are such degrading terms? Would using words such as huccis, chickenheads, sl*ts, h*s and sk*nks fall under this category? I don't consider these words degrading, they in fact describe many of the women I know and enjoy the company of.
ddf
Dover Demon View Post
I thought that term was "imaginary"? Oh, no, wait....that's what those of us grounded in reality use to describe them.

Bottom line, regardless of whether or not you FIND them offensive, you know full well that they are terms that others DO find offensive and, as such, fit Eriks' criteria.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old January 19th, 2007   Erik Sternberger is offline   #440
Erik Sternberger
Apathetic Revolutionary

What are such degrading terms? Would using words such as huccis, chickenheads, sl*ts, h*s and sk*nks fall under this category? I don't consider these words degrading, they in fact describe many of the women I know and enjoy the company of.
ddf
Dover Demon View Post
Don't your ladies charge you extra to talk to call them those things?

I like this corn bread so much, I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.
Old January 19th, 2007   Sharis the Bunny is offline   #441
Sharis the Bunny
Hare today...

ddf
Erik Sternberger View Post
I think for $12.99 a minute, they'll put up with anything.

But then, they're not the Bloc. And we don't take kindly to...oh look at that, will you? Warned. Huh. Guess even Playaz have to obey the rulz of da game.

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.
Old January 19th, 2007   Kandor Red is offline   #442
Kandor Red
Extended Leave of Absence

ddf
Except Paula Abdul, who likes being called those things (when she's drunk/stoned/suffering neurological damage).

"For all things there is a season...."
Old January 19th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #443
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I think for $12.99 a minute, they'll put up with anything.

But then, they're not the Bloc. And we don't take kindly to...oh look at that, will you? Warned. Huh. Guess even Playaz have to obey the rulz of da game.
ddf
Sharis the Bunny View Post
HOLY FRIJOLES! I didn't even NOTICE that!

If this IS an act/character....he may want to consider just ending the bit when he returns. It would probably be the wise course of action.

Old January 19th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #444
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Except Paula Abdul, who likes being called those things (when she's drunk/stoned/suffering neurological damage).
ddf
Kandor Red View Post
Maaaaaan, that one-off joke of mine is getting a lot of mileage. Did we ever GET a line call?

Old January 19th, 2007   Not My Real Name is offline   #445
Not My Real Name*
The Invisible Horseman

Maaaaaan, that one-off joke of mine is getting a lot of mileage. Did we ever GET a line call?
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
We tried to but Paula snorted it.

II + II = VII
Old January 19th, 2007   Erik Sternberger is offline   #446
Erik Sternberger
Apathetic Revolutionary

ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
of course. JUST after you asked for it.

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/show...&postcount=430

I like this corn bread so much, I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.
Old January 19th, 2007   Sharis the Bunny is offline   #447
Sharis the Bunny
Hare today...

We tried to but Paula snorted it.
ddf
Not My Real Name View Post
That's it! THAT'S the one! LOTW!!!!

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.
Old January 19th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #448
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

of course. JUST after you asked for it.

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/show...&postcount=430

ddf

That was the line call on Paula Abdul???

Doesn't really apply, does it?